on 3 April 2011
My first glimpse of Chaplin and I became an instant fan. Not only is it consistently hilarious but it provides a more serious social insight of that particular time.
Charlie Chaplin is a genius and there are some very daring stunts involved as well.
I also think that the social aspect of the film is particularly relevant today and I think this is why it is often shown in schools. I really find a few parts of it very sad because little has changed in some respects of the plotline here. However, watch it and you are guaranteed laughs throughout.
on 10 March 2013
A great film, very good quality dvd. Certainly a masterpiece no one should miss! Makes you laugh and cry at the same time.
on 24 June 2011
Fantastic. Delivery was quick, and the item arrived safely.
As for the DVD itself, Charlie Chaplin's Modern Times is a great addition to anyone who loves film and television! Chaplin is a true pioneer in film. I'm a fool for character development, and to anyone who is I recommend Modern Times and any older or newer works from Chaplin.
Me and my partner are already waiting for another Chaplin DVD.
5 stars.
on 19 February 2014
I hadn't seen any of Chaplin's output for years - certainly nothing after about 1925, so approached this with a bit of trepidation. While not being laugh-out-loud funny it was amusing and poignant - with more "depth" than I thought Chaplin was capable of. Even though there's no 5 stars, I can wholeheartedly recommend.
on 25 August 2010
Hi, this is a fantastic product, the DVD is so bright and clear. my order arrived before the time specification and well packaged. I thereby recommend this seller to the prospective customers.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 February 2013
Bought for my daughter for Christmas, she asked specifically for this and the gold rush another of Charlie chaplains movies
on 5 August 2013
A lovely and very funny film as good as the Kid and the Gold Rush that in my view are by far Chaplin's best.
on 1 July 2011
Modern Times is amazing! The film has a memborable score and a very funny scene were The Tramp is in jail. Chaplin is fantastic, he is funny and very amusing, Chaplin shows his magic brillantly in this film. To this day when comedys are being destroyed by spoofs and teen comedys, Modern Times shows just how great comedy used to be. Enjoyable and heart warming Modern Times will surprisingly make you laugh and give you joy. This is one the best comedies ever made!
on 21 March 2016
not very happy, it froze in the middle of the film, when we continue it jumps to another part of the film
on 29 January 2015
Good film to while away the hours. Entertainment for most ages. Good price and fast delivery.