5.0 out of 5 stars 7" Android 2.1 tablet pc...
I purchased one of these so I had something small but functional to use for whilst out and about so far I've been pleasantly surprised by the device.

Published on 7 Feb 2011 by Mrs. D. Hammond

1.0 out of 5 stars Android tablrt
Not very happy with product very very slow and the games you can download are terrible the charger you get it's not safe really not happy with this product at all!! Waste of money
Published on 4 Feb 2012 by Margie78

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars 7" Android 2.1 tablet pc..., 7 Feb 2011
This review is from: 7" ANDROID 2.1 TABLET PC NETBOOK TOUCH SCREEN WiFi SD

It is easy to set up, I've had no issues setting up the wi fi, it took 5 minutes in all and it also has a good range, I'm able to use the tablet all round the house and into the back and front garden, I haven't as yet taken the device out and tried to connect to the various hotspots around, but I don't see and problems doing this.

The storage of the device is a little low (2gb) of internal storage, but micro sd cards are cheap, I got a 16gb micro sd card from amazon to expand the memory a little (16gb is plenty big enough for what I use it for, but you may want to get a 32gb one for extra storage)

Installing apps is easy enough, either from the pre-installed app market, or using downloaded files. I use dropbox to share files between our desktop pc's and thought I'd see if I could do the same with the tablet, there is a dropbox app for android that works very well, I used the usb adapter and download the app onto a usb drive to get it onto the tablet, which worked perfectly, I can now sync all my files between the tablet and my desktop.
There are a variety of apps for android, I have had trouble getting some of them onto the tablet using the web browser and through the app market, but in most cases I have found the apps for download and using dropbox to get them onto the tablet, apps like k9 which is a much better email application than the pre-installed one, I also installed opera mini on it for web browsing, which is again much better than the pre-installed browser. I have also installed the kindle app which is great, I have already read several books using it, at as the tablet is only under 100 it works out cheaper and more functional than a kindle ;-)

I've tried connecting thing like my mp3 player to the tablet and other usb devices (mice,keyboards) and all have been detected by the device and work well, although a mouse and keyboard aren't needed as the touch screen is surprisingly good, even for a cheap tablet, I have no trouble typing out an e-mail or writing notes in any one of the myriad of note taking apps, even with my sausage fingers, I did have to calibrate the touch screen to suit my fingers, but this is easily done.

The user manual is a lacking, but does cover some of the more basic functions of the tablet, although if you sit down with it and go through the various menus you can easily figure out how to do things.
The battery life isn't that great, but it does give you around 2.5 hours depending on what your doing, although having the wi fi on if you don't need it seems to drain the battery quite fast, but you still get about 2 hours, I would recommend downloading one of the task killer apps though, these apps are good for conserving battery life because even if you stop using an application it doesn't seem to close like it would on a pc, it runs in the background until you use it again, but 2.5 hours is plenty long enough for me, I have kids and sitting around for 2 hours isn't always an option ;-) I have been looking into getting a small solar powered charger for the tablet so I can charge it on the move so to speak.

I did initially have some reservations about the quality of the device because of the low price, but it's a bargain and well worth buying if you want a small and easy to use device, all in all for 90 quid it's a bargain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain!!!, 8 Jan 2011
This review is from: 7" ANDROID 2.1 TABLET PC NETBOOK TOUCH SCREEN WiFi SD
Arrived well within the delivery time scale, packaged beautifully with clear operating instructions.

Hooked up to wi-fi with no issues, is as quick as my pc to access the internet, downloads apps from the market in record time. I am so, so pleased!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for beginners, 30 May 2011
This review is from: 7" ANDROID 2.1 TABLET PC NETBOOK TOUCH SCREEN WiFi SD
This particular tablet is great if your planning to just do simple browsing and possibly writing things down and checking emails.. so good for beginners, its processor is not something to aim for if you wish to do more.

1.0 out of 5 stars Android tablrt, 4 Feb 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 12 Nov 2011
Ben Jones (surrey, england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 7" ANDROID 2.1 TABLET PC NETBOOK TOUCH SCREEN WiFi SD
For the price this is a great tablet, there is people that dont like it but like i say...you get what you pay for. This is never going to be no where near as good as an ipad or like the others like a galaxy. It does do the job very well though, the battery lasts as long as a laptop will and does everything a laptop will.
If you want something that connects and plays movies or videos on your tv you will need to look for a tab with hdmi connection or a tv connection. The only thing i will say is check you have the right plug before buying, some of these are european and only come with such a plug. Does not cost much to buy an adaptor, but make sure you are aware of this before you buy.
Basically it is a great buy for the money, i love the device. Get one if you dont have large pockets, but if you have large pockets then you probably wont be reading this anyway.

5.0 out of 5 stars 7" Android 2.1 Tablet PC, 20 Dec 2010
This review is from: 7" ANDROID 2.1 TABLET PC NETBOOK TOUCH SCREEN WiFi SD
I ordered this for Christmas for my wife - not only has it arrived in record time (the weather this winter is a nightmare - snow etc) it's brilliant - tested it out and for what you pay what a bargain - a great product for a great price!

4.0 out of 5 stars 7" Android Netbook, 1 July 2011
This review is from: 7" ANDROID 2.1 TABLET PC NETBOOK TOUCH SCREEN WiFi SD
This product is great for the price but wi-fi link has a short range. Plenty of options to use although it has a limited capacity and needs upgrade memory to improve performance.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as first thought, 5 Jan 2011
T.Heard (Northampton) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 7" ANDROID 2.1 TABLET PC NETBOOK TOUCH SCREEN WiFi SD
I recently purchased this little tablet having read ableit 2 reviews which were 5 star. I was a little concerned over the price being pretty cheap and upon receiving my tablet was a little dissapointed.

the build quality is obviously cheap, plastic outer case and the screen feels strange. Having said that I only purchased it to be able to view web and pick up my emails which it does exactly that but if your really looking for an iPad then this wouldnt be a good idea.

I am also a little concerned as it sttrugles to connext to the android market and would appear very limited in terms of apps that are available. I have an android phone and there do not appera to be the same level of apps available.

I am still getting to grips with it as the instruction manual that comes with it is very basic and does not really help.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for price, 28 April 2011
This review is from: 7" ANDROID 2.1 TABLET PC NETBOOK TOUCH SCREEN WiFi SD
Well it's not a iPad but for the price I'm not complaining if your think of
Buying this item to watch YouTube or browse the Internet this isn't to bad
But if your wanting it to play games I wouldn't recommend it unless your
Going go buy a sd card and mess around with it to make it better but apart from
That I like this item it's easy to use and works well

5.0 out of 5 stars For All us Poor Boys everywhere, 30 Dec 2010
This review is from: 7" ANDROID 2.1 TABLET PC NETBOOK TOUCH SCREEN WiFi SD
This little piece of 'quip' is so versatile and flexible, I am really wondering why Apple are still in the Tablet Business?

The Screen is small, yes, but still it does everything it says on the tin, a pc it certainly is!
What else would you NEED?
FOr all us poor boys, [and with a recession on I am glad there is still a gadget i can buy without putting it on my credit card] who still like sleek nice new gadgets like this, I say come on lads, it's virtually free!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›