Most helpful critical review
117 of 125 people found the following review helpful
Dangerous - dont buy!
on 3 November 2012
Having kids in the house for the past 10 years - glo sticks are a must at birthdays and especially at halloween and bonfire night. Bought these well in advance for a party tonight 03/11/12 and being a childminder I thought these would be great for kids at dusk too as a bit of fun. But these are the worst glo sticks I have ever used.
We decided to open the tube at 7.30 just before a lot of the wee kids had to go home or to bed. 20 minutes later we had 3 kids and my self in extreme discomfort. As you probably know you get a glo stick and bend it. Now we are not talking about bending it in too, but you can feel the crunch of the stuff inside breaking and the it starts to glo. But these sticks were almost exploding. Luckily the 3 kids glo sticks only hit their skin. Mines, sadly sprayed into both my eyes. I cannot describe the pain I felt, while trying to remain calm so that the kids didnt get even more upset. I eventually managed after about 20 mins get my eyes to open - flushing out with water.
It's now 9.20 and I can still feel the skin around my eyes stinging.
I really thought that buying a tube of 100 would worth while for tonight and for future use.
Please don't buy these. I would have hit the contact seller button, but as I bought them at the start of September it's past the time of complaint I think, hence the bad review.