5.0 out of 5 stars None
Published on 7 May 2012 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Glad to Finish This
I was recommended the movie "The Butcher's Boy" about which I know nothing. I was recommended this ebook by Amazon and thought it would be the same story. A little research would have shown otherwise. Sadly I bought it without the research.

Published on 8 Jan 2011 by Sir Furboy

5.0 out of 5 stars None, 7 May 2012
This review is from: The Butcher's Boy (Kindle Edition)
what can i say.wow this book was great.i couldnt put it down but had to come bed time as i found it scary.its the first whole book ive read in a while on the kindle as im very impaitent and if a book doesnt get my attention straight away its easy to just download another but this hooked me from the first page.i loved it and got rid of my yearning for a good read but now has replaced it with i want more from this writer.i did feel that in a few places i could predict what was gonna happen and felt that i had seen or heard it before but apart from that well done.thanks for such a good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good, Sick, Scary Horror., 6 May 2012
This review is from: The Butcher's Boy (Kindle Edition)
Where do I start. WOW a great story. This book will hook you from the first page and you will not want to put it down. It gave me chills literally. You feel like you're actually in the book with the characters it's totally amazing. I haven't read a scary supernatural book like this one which gives you goosebumps for a long time (in fact I can't think of another book which actually makes me shiver). I would highly recommend it you won't be disappointed. Huge congratulations to Michael Robb Mathias on a great book. Can't wait to read your next book.

4.0 out of 5 stars wonderful story!, 2 Dec 2014
This review is from: The Butcher's Boy (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book! I reluctantly read it after asking for help from my boyfriend to choose a book to read, he went through my already purchased iBooks and chose this and I am so glad he did! It was not what I was expecting but I got more than what I hoped for! There is a lot of twists and turns to keep you interested and hooked!

3.0 out of 5 stars Glad to Finish This, 8 Jan 2011
Sir Furboy (Aberystwyth, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Butcher's Boy (Kindle Edition)

This is a murder mystery horror story, complete with ghosts and possession. A grisly set of murders years ago and a single mother moving her child to the house where it happens sets the scene nicely. It seems to be ebook only, and for good reason.

Before I say what I disliked though, I should say what was good: The writing style was competent and the editing was good. This was a book written by someone who knows how to write and some effort was taken to produce this book. This was not the chaotic unpublishable work of someone self publishing their rejected works. This book was clearly good enough, and many readers could enjoy this tale.

Nevertheless I did not enjoy it. The storyline seemed to me to be a little too hackneyed. It lacked something fresh and original. Characterisations were poor, so that I did not really get to like any of the characters. Moreover the point of view was omniscient, and that felt somewhat chaotic. We jumped from the head of one person to another, and then the narrator would fill in additional facts that we could not have witnessed.

I don't read much horror. I have occasionally enjoyed works by the likes of John Saul, Peter Straub, Stephen King and Clive Barker. This book was not in their leauge though. However, lovers of the horror genre may like this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow Great Book, 4 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Butcher's Boy (Kindle Edition)
This book had it all a haunted house, ghosts, killers and creepy neighbours. Much better than the description provided. Janet thought she had found the perfect home for her and her son Michael however she did not believe Michael that the house was haunted after a seance he had with his babysitter until a ghost attacked her during the night. Once I started this book I had no idea how it would end and what an ending. I have recommended this book to friends who have also downloaded it from Amazon. Pleased the author has already won one award. Will be searching for more books by this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this book!, 27 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Butcher's Boy (Kindle Edition)
Read this book a while ago on Kindle. Absolutely excellent. It had all of the things in a horror I love to read, well written and gripped me from start to end. I cannot wait to download some more written by the author!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Butcher Boy, 10 Mar 2011
This review is from: The Butcher's Boy (Kindle Edition)
Right from the first page I was completely hooked. The Butcher Boy is an amazing piece of horror/suspense. Michael Robb's treatment of the supernatural is so picturesque you feel like you are there in the midst of the action, it makes ones heart beat faster. The gore is blood chilling but Robb's handling of it tasteful, the characters are well formed and the twist totally fantastic. This author knows his craft.

5/5

4.0 out of 5 stars The Butcher's Boy, 31 Jan 2011
This review is from: The Butcher's Boy (Kindle Edition)
The Butcher's Boy is a trilling paranormal murder mystery. A divorced mother and her son move into a new house to restart their lives, only to discover it is haunted by a very nasty ghost. There are plenty of twists and turns to keep you guessing along the way so don't think you've gotten it figured out too early. Character developments where great and I had a very tough time putting this book down. Thanks Michael for the read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Book, 11 Aug 2012
This review is from: The Butcher's Boy (Kindle Edition)
I love to read when I get a few mins this was a very good read indead, worth a look

5.0 out of 5 stars Pulse pounding, gripping read, 4 Feb 2011
TraceyA "Trace" (Slacks Creek, QLD, Aus) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Butcher's Boy (Kindle Edition)
If you're looking for something light hearted then I definitely can't recommend this book. The Butcher's Boy grabs you from the first page and does not let go until the wonderfully shock ending. It's a pulse pounding, page turner. The characters are so realistic and the inclusion of Lucy the dog is a touch of sheer genius. If you enjoy paranormal ghost stories you will LOVE this one. I'm not usually a fan of horror but Michael Robb takes you on a roller coaster ride that is unbelievably chilling.
Highly, highly recommended