5.0 out of 5 stars I'd give it 6 stars if I could!
Published on 11 Jun 2011 by KM

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not the best
This TV was purchased for my 91 year old Nan who liked other peoples large TV's and wanted one herself. So when this one cam up at the right price it had to be brought.

Having a 28" Toshiba CRT TV myself I wondered how it would look in my small front room and how good it was.

To be honest it looks like a very nice designed tv BUT my girlfriend and I...
Published on 14 July 2011 by T. Izard

5.0 out of 5 stars I'd give it 6 stars if I could!, 11 Jun 2011
KM (Liverpool) - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Toshiba 37BV700B 37-inch Widescreen 1080p Full HD LCD TV with Freeview (Electronics)
I've had this tv for a few days now and tried everything so feel able to comment. It's a great looking telly indeed. 37 inches, lovely polished black finish, good stand too so it sits solidly on the tv stand. It's full hd, lcd 1080p running at 50Hz. There are 4 HDMI sockets on this not two as stated as I write so plenty of connectivity. 2 scart sockets, pc input sockets if you want to use this beast as a massive monitor (I've tried it and it looks brill), AV sockets side and rear, Component video socket and 3.5mm headphone socket,a usb port for looking at your pics on a memory stick/pen drive and a partridge in a pear tree! Well there's loads anyway! For the tech types the brightness is 500cd/m2, contrast ratio 1500:1 (native) and the response time is 5ms, viewing angle 178/178.

This tv can be wall mounted using a Toshiba all sizes tv bracket (google it). This tv weighs in at 11.5kg with the stand, thats 25.5lb so quite heavy.

The tv has freeview and so supports all the freeview stuff such as electronic programme guide, the red button and various teletexts on the different channels. There is an auto channel set up, nicam stereo and two 8 watts speakers which are good.
The remote is brill too. Not dead complicated, just what you need. There are also a few funtions hidden under the right side of the frame that are touch sensitive. There's no lights all over it only a single blue light to indicate standby and the actual on/off button is hidden at the back left side so the front looks really slick with no buttons at all.

So what's it like on? Brilliant! in my opinion. The picture is spot on, great colours and clear as you like for it's size and no pixelation that I can see! Get a blue ray player on this and your in for a treat! Crystal clear picture and sound quality on a big screen, what more can you ask for at this brilliant price? (I recommend Avatar on blueray)

Measurements:- (H) 59.5cm (W) 91.9cm (D) 10.5cm

A brilliant telly at a bargain price that I can't praise enough. I'm so glad I got it! Everyone who's been to my place and seen it have asked where from and how much and when I've told them, they're all getting one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Toshiba 37" TV, 7 Jun 2011
Perfect! Great picture quality and sound without the need for cinema style extra equipment. Having worked out the size of the new TV and type we needed I scoured the internet for comparible TV's. I was very impressed to find this one at such a good price Via Amazon after nearly paying 80.00 more via Tescos (supposedly on offer!). Reviews read good so I went for it. It certainly has everything i want including an extra scart socket and discreet off switch at the rear side. Definetly reccommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 30 Jun 2011
Received the television very quickly. Very pleased with it. Bought it in time to watch a weekend of 'Trooping the Colour,'Queens Tennis' and a 'F1 Grand Prix'; so much more enjoyable than our old analogue set, both for size and picture quality. Only 50mhz, but I do not find this a problem, and as I purchased this well under 300, I thought it a great bargain.
With my set up I control operations through my Humax digi box (with hard drive). Not using the tv controller the stand by 'button' on the front of the television was hard to see, but a small adhesive coloured dot solved that problem.
As we are 'hard of hearing' we use headphones (accept when we have visitors), and have no problems with the sounsd quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent TV, 23 Jun 2011
Toshiba 37BV700B 37-inch Widescreen 1080p Full HD LCD TV with Freeview
Purchased this TV after much research and I was not dissapointed.Brilliant picture especially for outside broadcasts like sport.Watching Wimbledon is great-its almost like being there.The TV was easy to set up-spent time to read the instructions first then it took a few minutes to install.I would recomment this TV to friends and family.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not the best, 14 July 2011

To be honest it looks like a very nice designed tv BUT my girlfriend and I both thought the picture quality was jagged and not smooth moving on screen.
This was true for old school Aerial TV, VirginMedia Std. Def. TV and Std Def DVD. I don't have freeview for another year in my area yet and no HD sources. When installed at my Nan's on Freeview (not HD) the picture wasn't much improved either. I've seen friends and family's large flat screen LCD and Plasma's and both of them were spot on, but also cost more.

So to summarise I wouldn't buy one (was quite disappointed) but she thinks its great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Purchase, 20 July 2011
We have been looking for some time for a new television. Thanks to an offer e-mail from Amazon, we purchased this little [sic] beauty.
It was delivered 2 days after ordering, was very well packed, yet easy to remove from its box.
It is very easy to set up, even for a technophobe like myself. A couple of screens, tune it in, hey presto! you are up and running.
The picture is out of this world and we have yet to go HD!! I can see all the functions on the remote, which makes a refreshing change and its very easy to navigate around the various menus. We have ordered an HDMI cable so that we can take advantage of the HD features, which I am going to assume will be just as good as what we have right now, if not better.
The connections available are, USB, to hook a laptop or pc up, great for us to see all our pics of our granddaughter. 2 scart connections, means I can play on the games console and use the DVD player with existing cables. The freeview box will hook up to one of 4 [yes 4] HDMI sockets and there are various methods of hooking other equipment up as well.
I had read a few reviews here that mentioned a buzzing noise. Happy to report we have no such problems.
For the price, I doubt you will find anything better than this out there. I research purchases with a vengence and no one could touch the price I payed. The only one that came close was for a reconditioned model and even that was only 20 cheaper. Its often said you get what you pay for as far as quality goes. In this instance, I think you get probably the best deal of the year so far. You wont go far wrong with this model. OK, its not 3d, but it has everything else.HD, 2080p, great variety and amount of connections, its sleek, looks great, sits firmly on our tv unit, with no signs of any rocking or movement. With a young grandaughter around the place, I would like to see a saftey strap included to secure the tv, but I have found a cheap one, so no biggie really.
So, if you are looking to buy a very good television, but like us, on a limited budget, you wont go far wrong with this make and model. So far [touch wood] we are delighted at what we have.
Oh, the sound is excellent too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Buy, 20 Sep 2011
I bought this for my mother and cannot really fault it in any way. It needed simple controls for her to understand at 90 years old and she is happy with them. She only uses the On Off control and the channel numbers and the Volume control - all of which are clearly marked. Only annoying thing is that like most tvs remote controls if you keep your finger on the channel button too long it repeats the number so channel 1 becomes channel 111. Her reactions are good and she can't use the programme up and down control to avoid this as her memory is very poor. Excellent picture and sound. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars great tv, 12 July 2011
Bought this tv as my mum got the 32inch equivilant 4 months ago, as I was realy impressed with the sound and picture quality I decided to get the 37 inc as it was right for our room. Mybnkids were surprised as i had always thought that lcd were a step backwards in picture qaulity to crt`s unless you watched in hd of course. But the picture on this was superb only pixelates on some of the sky channels but my son says thats to do with the signal not the tv. only thing you got to watch is when dusting you can switch it off accidently as touch button

3.0 out of 5 stars Toshiba 37BV700B 37-inch Widescreen 1080p Full HD LCD TV with Freeview, 3 July 2011
My reason for the 3 star rating is due to background buzzing noise which i have since found out is a particular problem with Toshiba TV's BE WARNED & CHECK OUT BEFORE YOU PURCHASE.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 July 2014