5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 4 Feb 2011
Triana (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Hill (Audio CD)
I recently saw James Walbourne who was supporting Justin Townes Earle at the Union Chapel. He and his brother were brilliant. I've been playing The Hill ever since. I can't get enough of it. Highly recommended!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Mighty Fine Debut!, 1 May 2014
This review is from: The Hill (Audio CD)
I first came across James Walbourne in 2007,when he temporarily replaced Philip Chevron in The Pogues.Since then James has put together an impressive cv having also performed with Son Volt, The Pretenders,Edwyn Collins and now he is about to tread the boards with Kami Thompson in their excellent new band The Rails.The Hill was released to much critical acclaim,in early 2011,an excellent album,with some great songs and some fine guitar licks,reminiscent of Albert Lee,Clarence White and a little bit of Richard Thompson thrown in for good measure.All in all,The Hill is an album well worth getting a hold of,preferably bought rather then 'burnt!'

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 13 Oct 2012
This review is from: The Hill (Audio CD)
I saw this guy support Ray Davies last week and was blown away. Its usually a bonus if the support act is just okay, but he was brilliant! I would go and see him in his own right. Came straight home and bought the CD (CD is cheaper than the download - why is that?) and haven't stopped listening to it since. Good guitar based music. Well worth buying and go and see if you get the chance!

5.0 out of 5 stars A very British Americana record, 13 Feb 2011
Mr. A. W. Riggs "bernard shakey" (Wallington, Surrey United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Hill (Audio CD)
Superb song writing and playing from James Walbourne - if you like this also check out his earlier the work with the much under rated and unheard of Peter Bruntnell and The Pernice Brothers. James deserves to be widely heard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Epic CD, 18 Aug 2012
This review is from: The Hill (Audio CD)
I was first introduced to James Walbourne when he and his brother were Roddy Frame's support act last year. This Cd has rarely left my car since and fits my moods almost perfectly. I would be bereft if a week went by and I didn't listen.

I will not waffle on here, just take a chance and buy a copy...you will not regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Hill - James Walbourne, 22 July 2011
This review is from: The Hill (Audio CD)
Heard about James Walbourne from a friend. Got him on Utube and sent to Amazon for CD. No regrets. Good songs, well sung. He can play a guitar O.K. and his group know what they are doing. Like to play the CD in my car where I have the bass set high. I'm a happy man.

5.0 out of 5 stars Live and on record, exellent!, 10 Feb 2011
C. Whyatt "Music Lover" (Wargrave, Berkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Hill (Audio CD)
My son (31) took me to see James last night atthe Bush Hall, and I boughtthe CD on the strength of his excellent performance. I was reminded at times of Neil Finn, George Harrison and Bob Geldof, yes, Bob the Gob even. Highly recommended.

The Hill
The Hill by James Walbourne (Audio CD - 2011)