5.0 out of 5 stars 2 Years and Counting...
Bought this 2 years ago when I got a new car which didn't have Bluetooth, but had an Aux.

I paid £40 then and it's definitely £40 well spent. Using it everytime I get in the car as I play music from my phone and have it ready for any calls / read out text.

Published 15 months ago by SeeJayThinks

1.0 out of 5 stars MONO Only! Seriously Flawed!
It should be pretty obvious to anyone designing a product to play music in your car that the customer would expect the music to be in STEREO just like all music is! This device ouptuts in MONO ONLY! I kid you not! and I checked and double checked many times as I couldn't believe this product could ever have made it to market with such a ridiculous problem!

It...
Published 10 months ago by M. C. Mallinder

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 Years and Counting..., 1 April 2014
This review is from: Belkin In Car Audio Connect AUX-Bluetooth (Accessory)

The only thing is, it doesn't auto sync when you start your car. You need to press the Red Button, which turns Blue when it's connected after the first setup. Not a big deal as it's 1 press and 5 seconds wait, I'm patient enough to do that. Constant pressing when I get in the car for 2 years and the button is still working flawlessly. Now that's good quality.

I use Windows Phone 7.5 and 8.0 to connect, no problem. After connecting, a single press on the button plays music at random. 1 Press to pause, 2 press to skip forward. When I get a call, 1 press to answer, a follow up press to end. My mic is located next to my hand brake, so it's down and not directly infront of my mouth, the recipient don't have any issue with voice quality / level.

Despite that minor flaw, I would happily give it 5 stars, just for what I want out of it and with 2 years daily use, it's still working great. Here's to many more years of service and if it breaks tomorrow, I'll get it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Device, 4 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Belkin In Car Audio Connect AUX-Bluetooth (Accessory)
Love this little device. I've been using this for around 2 months now along with an iPhone 5S and it's worked perfectly from the moment I set it up which took me approximately 3-4 minutes after taking out the box.

I used a cheaper device previously that couldn't be used whilst it was being charged (rechargeable battery only) and found that the description, which stated 8-10 hours, wasn't even close.

This Belkin has not let me down once. I appreciate that some people are a little peeved at having to switch it on when getting in the car but to me it's no problem whatsoever, a quick press of the button, less than 1 second, and it connects without issues within a couple of seconds at most. With my previous bluetooth device I would need to hold on the power button for 7-10 seconds to turn it on...now that was a pain!

Admittedly it was twice as much as my previous device but quite frankly it's been worth every penny, I no need to worry about the battery running low because it doesn't have one and is constantly powered, my music sounds great and essentially it just works.

It doesn't seem to matter where I position my iPhone either, what I mean by that is the Belkin is hidden in my central armrest and the iPhone positioned on the dashboard whilst I'm using it as a satnav and it still works absolutely perfectly without any dropouts. Another thing is I only bought it for the music option not handsfree as I have a Parrot installed in my car and it connects perfectly with both so essentially I can still receive calls via my Parrot and just play music through the Belkin...absolutely ideal for my needs.

It's certainly not the cheapest option available but if you are looking at a decent bluetooth in car audio device, I would strongly urge you to get this from the outset, it works exactly as described and without issues....very pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little device., 1 Aug. 2012
John D (Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Belkin In Car Audio Connect AUX-Bluetooth (Accessory)
I bought this in order to be able to play music through my car radio, via a blue tooth enabled mp3 player,(Zen xfi3).Creative ZEN X-Fi3 8GB Touch MP3 Player with Bluetooth

This review is purely concerned with that aspect of the device, rather than using it for a hands free device for a mobile phone.

Setting up the device was an absolute doddle. Plug it into the cigarette lighter,connect to the aux in button of your radio, wait for the light to flash, pair it with the player and off you go.

The blue tooth receiver is in two parts. One part sticks to the dashboard, or wherever, and the second bit attaches to this magnetically, and can be removed if required for security leaving only a black disc showing.

The volume and sound quality are excellent. You can even pause or select the next track, by pressing the button, which also acts as a microphone if using with your mobile phone.This means I can now play music quite happily from my mp3 player, which I can keep in my pocket, or in the recess of the arm rest, without having any trailing wires and not be fiddling about with the player trying to change or pause tracks.

All in all, a great little device, delivered by Amazon, in their usual speedy efficient way.

5.0 out of 5 stars A bit dubious as this is a reasonable price compared to other options ., 30 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Belkin In Car Audio Connect AUX-Bluetooth (Accessory)
I have gone over to Android from iPhone 5 as two stolen and all my vehicle audio units I upgraded for iPhone /iPod use by replacing their audio units . This now means I have to look at aux-in for audio and phone so after reviews bought this as everybody seemed positive . The adhesive small base makes it easy to find a place to put it , I personally put it on dash just by top of steering wheel . The unit itself is held in the base by magnetism so you can easily hide it or remove from vehicle . The part that goes into your cigarette holder fits well and the extension lead helped as the main van I use it on has the only holder in between the front seats . The charger has a USB out for charging and this charges my TomTom very well , I have found in the past others seem to struggle to do this . Thought the cable to the aux in was very slim but it carries the audio well . For best results from your phone make sure the phone's own volume and bass etc. are not too high . Let your audio unit do the volume and musical affects if you don't the audio sounds tinny and cheap with a lot of distortion . As most audio companies seem to ask about £100 for the add on Bluetooth device for their car audio units this seems a fair priced and very good alternative .

5.0 out of 5 stars ... adapter in the car for a while which worked fine but you had to switch it on each time ..., 26 Jan. 2015
GCW "scullsxx" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Belkin In Car Audio Connect AUX-Bluetooth (Accessory)
Have had a cheap bluetooth adapter in the car for a while which worked fine but you had to switch it on each time you got into the car. OK, not a big deal but it was an awkward button and so on. It also didn't have a mic so when you got a call you would have to switch it off and so on.

After looking at a few I thought this would be worth a go. So far it has been pretty good. Easy to install and easy to pair with devices. In use it works well with decent sound quality and in stereo too! Paired fine with an iPhone 5S and then when I wanted music it was easy to switch off bluetooth on the phone and then use it with an iPod Classic with a bluetooth transmitter. With the phone it was possible to use Siri and the "Hey Siri" command worked fine with the built-in mic.

So far I'm pleased with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just....perfect., 24 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Belkin In Car Audio Connect AUX-Bluetooth (Accessory)
Originally tried to get hold of the Griffin BlueTrip but that item seems to be discontinued now so took a chance on the Belkin Aircast as it seems to have good reviews. Well, this has to be the best money I've ever spent.

I have an AUX port right next to a power socket in the armrest and so this item is spot on. The Belkin is a mini adapter which is just great as it allows me to close the armrest and forget about it.

The Aircast comes as one complete cabled unit plus an additional audio extension lead should you need it. The round microphone acts as the control button as well and also lights up when you have a call etc.

Setting it up was straight forward, plugged it all in and set the Bluetooth on my iPhone 4 to start looking for devices. Pressed the control button on the microphone and after a few seconds the Belkin shows up and pairs easily. Then it's just a case of deciding where I wanted to position the microphone/control button to get the best reception. Do some trial calls to someone to gauge the call quality before you take the backing off the magnetic plate and stick it down.

So I can now play songs from my iPhone through the car speakers with fantastic quality (pause/play with a single button click), easily make/receive calls with a single button click (including voice control), get my satnav app to give me the directions over the speakers.

Pros:

Great audio playback.
Good sound quality received via microphone.
Extension cable provided should it be needed.
Fantastic value for money.
Size of the adapter.

Cons:

Microphone/control button could do with being a little bit smaller. (currently about the size of a 50p coin)
Doesn't auto pair with phone on entering car, have to push the control button once.

1.0 out of 5 stars MONO Only! Seriously Flawed!, 29 Aug. 2014

It doesn't matter if the device communicates via Bluetooth, FM and does all manner of wizzy things, at the end of the day, the music needs to be in STEREO not MONO! Whichever designer is responsible for this should be hung upside down and jabbed repeatedly with a pointy stick!

5.0 out of 5 stars Completely brilliant, 6 July 2014
This gadget is absolutely brilliant - easy to set up, and works really well. As long as you turn the volume up to the maximum on your phone the sound quality is as good as the radio as far as I can tell. I thought I was going to have to have some expensive modifications made to the car to be able to play my i-phone through the car stereo but this works brilliantly and for only about £60 - what a result! I haven't tried using the phone itself through it but that's not what I bought it for. I would thoroughly recommend it. I read on one of the other reviews before I bought it that it was the best gadget they had ever bought, bar the I-phone itself - I agree.

5.0 out of 5 stars upgrade technology without breaking the bank, 3 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Belkin In Car Audio Connect AUX-Bluetooth (Accessory)
Really good product. Does the job makes the interaction for music wireless for a fraction of the cost. Compared to others this has the benefit of being hard wired for power with the added convenience of an addition USB port on the charger. Compared to others it also has the mic built into the unit for calls.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well and retains signal, 17 Aug. 2014
This is brilliant. It connects automatically to my phone and it doesn't lose signal. No mean feat. That said sound quality is distinctly mono. Given the choice between some idiotic commercial radio dj with inane chat, that's a compromise I am more than happy to make. I'd definitely recommend this though.

Belkin In Car Audio Connect AUX-Bluetooth