5.0 out of 5 stars compact binoculars
really liked these as very compact just what I wanted easily fits in my handbag
used them on recent trip to Lake District
Published 11 months ago by EllenSmith

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great
I guess you get what you pay for. I do not seem to be able to get anything in focus with these. Quite well built though.
Published 2 months ago by D. I. Gray

5.0 out of 5 stars compact binoculars, 13 Oct 2013
really liked these as very compact just what I wanted easily fits in my handbag
used them on recent trip to Lake District

4.0 out of 5 stars Visionary 8 x 21, 5 Dec 2011
Chiron Theseus (Yeovil, Somerset, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Visionary 8 x 21 Binoculars (Electronics)
Good feel to use, I have large hands and they are still comfy to hold. I have a problem to tune one side of the zoom but the other is smooth to turn and good even though I have glasses! So no discomfort there! Can view a mile easy while still crisp picture but not tried farther yet as not needed to. As pictured black and white stylish but not "in your face" with a cord for the neck, well made. Basically overall for the price these are good binoculars and do the job nicely. If the left side zoom didn't jam I would have given full 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 13 Aug 2013
This review is from: Visionary 8 x 21 Binoculars (Electronics)
Not much to say really, good quality, serves it's purpose. Can be adjusted for the difference between the eyes and I was surprised to find that I can set it to be used without glasses. (but perhaps that's just me, I never owned binoculars)

5.0 out of 5 stars Binoculars, 13 Jun 2014
This review is from: Visionary 8 x 21 Binoculars (Electronics)
These binoculars are great! You can see for miles and they are very compact. It also comes with a case and a cleaning cloth.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing value, but no comparison with 'the real thing', 15 Mar 2014
This review is from: Visionary 8 x 21 Binoculars (Electronics)
At first I was inclined to agree with others, that the image was sharp with no obvious colour aberration; but then I got my own ancient Chinon 8x50 out for comparison (I bought these as a present). Immediately I saw that something was very different, but its hard to pin down. Obviously the Chinon are going to give a brighter image, good for looking at the night sky, but this is largely irrelevant for daytime use. The difference seems to be that although there is no obvious blurring the image just doesn't compare somehow. The Chinon image jumps out at you and is less critical on focus. The Visionary seem to have less depth of focus, which is contrary to what I would expect given that small aperture normally gives more depth of focus. I suspect that there is a marginal level of blurring on the Visionary which, along with slight change in focus at the periphery which, though not obvious when you look for it, reduces clarity significantly. I also suspect that the eypieces on more expensive binoculars are less critical of eye position. Finally there is an obvious difference in stereo vision. The large Chinon have twice the lens separation, and the 3D effect with them feels more real. Don't let this put you off - the Chinon are huge and were probably twenty times the cost, though you can now get them for around 30 on eBay. There's a place for both! I've since tried out more expensive equivalents (Nikon and Bushnell). These give improved clarity along with something else I now consider important - an eycup that spaces the eye optimally away from the eyepiece lens. With the Visionary the eye is right up to the lens so that eyelashes can get in the way and positioning is more critical.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great binoculars, 5 Mar 2014
This review is from: Visionary 8 x 21 Binoculars (Electronics)
I brought these for my dad and he really loves them. They are small enough to fit into his walking jacket pocket and still powerful enough to see the birds etc.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great, 22 Jun 2014
D. I. Gray "deligray" (UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Value, 31 May 2014
This review is from: Visionary 8 x 21 Binoculars (Electronics)
Bought these for a fancy dress occasion but could not believe the value. They are sturdy and very good binoculars. Ideal for bird watching or star gazing. Outstanding value for money.

4.0 out of 5 stars xmas pressies, 12 Jan 2014
This review is from: Visionary 8 x 21 Binoculars (Electronics)
bought these for my kids as a stocking filler they love them they are fine for going out for walks and deer spotting .

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 6 Dec 2013
This review is from: Visionary 8 x 21 Binoculars (Electronics)
A brilliant present for my dad to keep in his pocket when out walking. Small and neat and very useful.

Visionary 8 x 21 Binoculars