5.0 out of 5 stars after Citrus much seemed like a way down

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't Hit The Mark
Published 23 months ago by DAVIE

5.0 out of 5 stars after Citrus much seemed like a way down, 11 Sept. 2014
Prof Harvey Crichton (Gloucester, Oxford, London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fluorescence (Audio CD)
Took me a while to get into this album after the allure and all of the first two and then Hush......Hush too took me a while to get into...after Citrus much seemed like a way down....but years on again it is subtly good..especially on the headphones...which is exactly what I say for Flourescence.....when played back to back there is an evolution here and a quality quite like the others......in my view...outraged by the last reviewer and concerned Asobi Seksu fans would be put off I am just here to say that their fourth album is also brilliant.....that is all........if you liked the first three you should like this...is it still quality music.................personally i like the wider and happier sound space in some of this album ....... less distortion but some real colour and tone to this album. Like coloured light.

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't Hit The Mark, 28 July 2013
This review is from: Fluorescence (Audio CD)
Asobi Seksu are a strange band, they aren't really shoegaze enough to be shoegaze, they aren't poppy enough to be dream pop. Who knows what they are trying to do? Unfortunately they just don't seem to make good enough albums and this is definitely one of them. I think if they decided to add more hooks and choruses to their songs then they could become bigger, but I couldn't find a song that made an impact on my ears or will remember in a months time.

Fluorescence
Fluorescence by Asobi Seksu (Audio CD - 2011)