on 13 December 2010
Just got this webcam and it's absolutely great! I love the look of it, it's like a mini CCTV camera, and there's so many ways to fold it up and use it. Webcam rotates around 360 degrees, and clips onto my laptop (but can be folded to sit in its own stand)Camera can tilt downwards which has always been a problem with webcams in the past. I'm not the tallest person in the world, so i used to have to tilt my laptop to adjust the webcam view.

The whole thing folds up into a really small compact camera, it only uses one cable to plug into the USB slot and has a generous length lead so i can have it away from my computer if i want

Setup took exactly 8 seconds! There was no disk, it all set up automatically without me having to touch a button.

Great picture and sound quality, would definitely recommend!
on 9 February 2011
This is my first webcam and i am delighted with it. Would recommend to anyone looking for a cheap but high quality webcam.

1. I love the aesthetic: It's smaller than I expected and looks like something out of Portal!
2. Clips snugly and securely to my AOC E2436Swa monitor (which I was worried about, as it's a big screen with a wide frame) and easy to angle.
3. Plug & play: no installation needed and picked up automatically.
4. Works perfectly first time with Skype; picture streams smoothly (even on old Mac Mini, 1.8Ghz Intel processor, 1Gb RAM)5. As Kinobo's website suggests, the packaging was plain, small and eco-friendly but still more than adequate. Nice to see when a lot of companies waste on packaging.
6. Excellent price and quickly delivered.
7. Would be very convenient to carry if you are a laptop user and USB cable dethatches for easy transport/storage/exchange for longer one.
on 12 January 2011
I have been using this webcam for about a month. It's a neat and versatile webcam/microphone.
The webcam is easy to install and position. It rotates laterally through 360 degrees and will tilt up and down. I have mine mounted on the top of my laptop screen but it will fold in various ways so can be used as a desktop camera if required.

Connection is via one USB cable. The picture and sound quality are very good - especially for such a small item

Setup on my Windows XP was automatic. (Less than 1 min to install)
on 1 February 2011
I needed a simple, budget USB webcam, to try out video calling and conferencing using Skype. After much searching, I found this Kinobo webcam.

It is a gem; the camera is TOTALLY USB, so need to mess around with a separate microphone and jack plugs. This was essential for me, as I wanted to avoid using my 7.1 soundcard for any further inputs! Simply Plug and Play via USB, no drivers, and it works instantly with Skype, etc.

I've just ordered another one, as I sold my first one to a friend who saw it in action!
on 25 February 2011
I wanted a cheap, no frills webcam that would plug and play in my Vista laptop. This device fitted the bill perfectly. Had it installed and working in Skype within minutes. Picture quality is great even in low light. And as a bonus it comes in minimalistic recyclable cardboard packaging to reduce waste. Perfect.
on 4 March 2011
I am a technophobe and only recently started using a webcam which a friend gave me. The colour was poor, picture quality grainy and movement delay irritating.
Another friend asked me to order the Kinobi for him, based on the great reviews on here, so I ordered one for myself too. At the price, it wouldn't have mattered if it was no better than the one I had.
What a surprise! It really is just "plug in and go." The picture and sound quality is excellent. It is really versatile and can be used in lots of different positions.
Friends and family on Skype and MSN can't believe how clear I am now (maybe not such a good thing lol!).
What a bargain - it's so dinky AND came in recyclable packaging.
Don't even bother researching other cams (unless you're a gadget geek and like things to be complicated and/or expensive).
This is all you need.
Added Jan 2013: NB - I only paid £9.99 for this. Doubt if I'd pay £25.
on 27 July 2011
for a cheap webcam i'm very impressed by the picture and sound quality!

I gave this to my mother and father in law, who have the technical ability of a goldfish, but even they managed to get it to work without any hassles

the picture coming through sykpe is clear and the microphone on the camera works very well
on 10 December 2012
I have several of these which I bought for my school. The current one purchased a few weeks ago is not of the same quality. The lens opening is a lot smaller and the video quality leaves a lot to be desired. While still of use for the limited activities I do,I would not buy another one. I would look look for something with as much versatility of positioning but with a better image quality.
on 18 July 2011
Great piece of kit, extremely good value for money. Visual quality excellent small, compact and versatile. Just plug in and go within a minute. Excellent!
on 10 March 2012
Got it to speak to my sister in Hong Kong. It works beautifully. Plugged it in before I put my computer on, switched pc on, opened up SKYPE and there I was, in a very clear picture. Microphone works fine, my sister could hear me, and for such a small amount of money, it is really amazing. Lead is very thin so doesnt drag the webcam down the back of my monitor. I use an LCD TV and it balances quite firmly on the top of it. I gather the white button on the top turns it on and off, but you wouldnt know this because there are no instructions also no light to tell you if it is on, or working, but as it is plug and play, and very basic, I suppose you can work it out for yourself.