5.0 out of 5 stars D-Link
It does just what I need. I live in a tall house (four stories) and the wireless network struggled - speed depended heavily on weather conditions.
I had been a little worried about a powerline link because the various computers are on different ring circuits, though not separated by transformers, and I could not find any mention of this on the [...]
But I took...
Published on 8 Oct. 2011 by user

3.0 out of 5 stars Work fine but not quite the speed boost I was hoping for
I bought these on a Black Friday deal and I am pleased with what I got for the money. I should say these have been totally reliable in over a year and although slightly larger than my TP-Link home plugs they are well made and don't get especially hot.

I already had a pair of TP-LINK 200Mb AV plugs which I used to connect my router to a hub behind my TV where...
Published on 15 April 2013 by Matt O

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 1 Jan. 2013
This review is from: D-LINK Powerline 500M AV Starter Kit (Accessory)
Did n't really understand what these are about (and if I'm honest I still don't)but was advised to buy them so we could watch BBC iPlayer through our TV (and ITV when available) But read the very brief instructions plugged them in and they worked! Simple, quick and cheap solution! No need to buy another TV or Freesat box.

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT, 27 Dec. 2012
This review is from: D-LINK Powerline 500M AV Starter Kit (Accessory)
Finally a solution to what can only described as a total deadzone for wireless. I have one bedroom in my house that for some reason suffers really badly from interference from neighbours wireless networks, even with a wireless extender in the room it still dropped out all the time.
Not anymore this powerline system was up and running in minutes, so easy to use, Plug them in connected the cable all the lights started to flash, you have to hold down the button on the side for a few seconds then the power light will flash, do the same on the other end and then it's all secure.
Speeds are within point 3 of a mb compared to my desktop that's wired straight into router. My son can now stream HD content over his Xbox something impossible before.

In conclusion a great product easy to set up and use highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars D-Link Powerlines, 27 Dec. 2012
This review is from: D-LINK Powerline 500M AV Starter Kit (Accessory)
Was a little unsure about getting anything powerline but had heard more good things than bad things so I bought these. They replaced the cable that ran across the middle of my lounge connecting my router to my sky box. These worked straight out of the box and were very simple to set up.

The only thing that has annoyed me is that to install the monitoring program requires the installation of WinPcap. This implies that the status of the devices is just being broadcast across the network as opposed to specifically addressing packets. Its not a big deal really but annoyed that I would need to install another process just to see if my powerline adaptors were getting full capacity.

Still, they work well and I would recommend them. I have streamed HD content to the sky box without any issue.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally getting full speed, 9 Dec. 2012
This review is from: D-LINK Powerline 500M AV Starter Kit (Accessory)
I will make this review simple for non techie people. ive got up to 60mb download speed from my isp. As im on fibre optic i expect to get this speed but when I use my wifi im usually reaching 40mbps during off peak times. Ever since i got the powerline i get my full speed while plugged in and and about 3/4 speed on wifi.(ive done various speed tests off peak with the wifi and plugged in) It just proves the point that this works!!

If you have a big home or maybe you share an internet connection with multiple users then this might be the best solution for you. It comes with two 1 meter Ethernet cables so you might need to buy a longer cable if you want to move around in a room.

Also, it was ridiculously easy to set up. I didnt even have to use the cd. It just worked!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not too sure about this -, 10 Feb. 2013
This review is from: D-LINK Powerline 500M AV Starter Kit (Accessory)
After reviewing and reading some good commentaries - and having a D-link router which has always worked perfectly - I purchased these boosters. I don't know if they work or not really. I plugged the first one in to the outlet and then to the router. By the time I was ready to go in the back of the house, my router had blown. I mean dead. No reset or sign of any life at all. So, down I go to the electronics shop to buy a new router for about £60+. Coincidence? I don't know, but they are back in the box on a shelf until I hear from others that they are certainly ok and the I may get the nerve up to re-install and try again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect solution to awkwardly-located routers., 2 Feb. 2013
This review is from: D-LINK Powerline 500M AV Starter Kit (Accessory)
My wifi router is stuck in the kitchen, where the only phone point in my flat is. Fine for laptops, but when I got a desktop I needed an ethernet connection. I was wary of these things, not sure it'd work, but it's been absolutely perfect. Speed is great -- well, as good as it would be if I were plugged straight into the router, anyway; I can't blame the product for my ISP.

Great for desktops or if you want something more reliable than wifi for a games console/Bluray player (my parents recently bought the same set so they can watch Netflix in the living room without it cutting out!).

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to set up, 18 Jan. 2013
Kevin Priest (West Midlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: D-LINK Powerline 500M AV Starter Kit (Accessory)
I bought this to connect our Sony Bravia TV to the internet as I didn't fancy paying between £50 - £70 for a Sony dongle. I'm not a techie but this was literally a matter of plugging both of these in and pressing a button to sync them, I put an RJ45 cable from the one unit into the telly and hey presto, Bob's your Aunty. I've got a iMac but didn't need to have access to any menus, etc. I can now see that the internet options on the Bravia aren't great but I can watch iPlayer and Youtube easily.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, 22 Feb. 2013
This review is from: D-LINK Powerline 500M AV Starter Kit (Accessory)
I bought this to link the sky+hd box upstairs to the router, which is located downstairs. It works perfectly, and I have had no issues with it. It's very easy to set up - just plug and go. I don't think I've even had to use the CD that came with it.

I think I read somewhere that it can also be used to help extend the wifi range but I haven't seen evidence of this yet, which would have been useful as I tend to have poor coverage in certain rooms.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works fine....but not at all with iTunes Home Sharing, 15 Mar. 2013
This review is from: D-LINK Powerline 500M AV Starter Kit (Accessory)
Had it a couple of months now and it pretty much works as advertised with one huge exception. It simply will not work with iTunes Home Sharing, I have no idea why despite hours looking on-line for a fix. So it kind of defeats the point if i've got to go back to wireless every time I want to share iTunes music which I do quite often. Very frustrating.

5.0 out of 5 stars D-LINK Powerline 500M AV Starter Kit, 1 Jan. 2013
T. Newell (Lincs, UK.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: D-LINK Powerline 500M AV Starter Kit (Accessory)
Good piece of kit and does what I wanted it to do.
Had I been buying them now I would have paid extra and bought the through links with the socket on the outside.
I have tied up a useful socket and will now have to buy some more ..... Shopuld have looked into it more.
Do not fall into the same trap as me buy the through ones instead !!

D-LINK Powerline 500M AV Starter Kit