5.0 out of 5 stars A great hair oil for the price
Published 1 month ago by David Stewart

I received this product as a present, after mentioning to someone I would like to try Argan oil on my hair. However, this product is NOT Argan oil, it is actually a 'hair treatment', comprised of various ingredients, and containing some Argan oil, along with TEN other ingredients.

Published 8 days ago by Bunny

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading, Irritating to Skin and Scalp, and Utterly Useless As A Product, Even Leaving All That Aside, 15 Oct 2014
Bunny (England, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Argan Oil Hair Treatment With Moroccan Oil 100ml (Personal Care)

If a product is labelled Argan oil, it should be ARGAN OIL, and not a collection of 11 ingredients, only one of which is Argan oil. If you're looking for actual Argan oil, as I imagine most people would be, check the ingredients of the product and if it states 100% Argan oil, or is a product which has the addition of natural ingredients such as essential oils to give it a perfume, (and even then any decent product should still state 95%+ Argan oil), then it IS Argan oil.

If like this product, Argan oil is 4th on the list of 11 ingredients listed (bearing in mind that ingredients are also listed in order of amounts contained therein, greatest first), then it is NOT 'Argan oil', it is a collection of ingredients, one of the lesser of which, is Argan oil, and it is misleading for it to be labelled as such.

As for this 'hair treatment' containing some Argan oil, on opening it immediately had a chemical smell, and when applied to my hair in only a tiny amount, made my hair lank and greasy, and my scalp itched continuously for days, until I finally gave up and washed it off. (I should point out that I used it in exactly the same way as I have since used actual Argan oils, as either an overnight conditioner to be washed out, or a leave on styling conditioner.) I am seriously ill and disabled and had to wait for assistance to wash the product off my hair, otherwise I would have done it within hours of applying it. The friend who purchased it for me also bought some for herself, and found it equally useless, and irritating to her skin and scalp.

I have since used actual Argan Oil, as in a product labelled as 'Argan oil' that contains only Argan oil. Billy In The Tree http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004LYL4F6 and Poppy Austin's http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00FVWZIX6 offerings both being excellent. I have no affilliation with either of these companies, or anyone else for that matter, and only mention this to prevent people buying this product believing it to be Argan oil, when it isn't, and will therefore not give the same beneficial effects. It would be a shame for anyone buying this believing it to be Argan oil, and missing out on the benefits of actual Argan oil, having been put off or unimpressed by this product. But this is the issue, when the virtues of 'Argan oil' are discussed, the people discussing them are invariably talking about actual Argan oil, and not mixtures and treatments containing a small proportion of the oil, in order to jump on the bandwagon. If you were buying a bottle of olive oil, would you expect or be best pleased to receive a bottle actually comprised of a mixture of 11 ingredients, the 4th of which was olive oil? There are plenty of 100% Argan oil products out there, and simply by virtue of actually being Argan oil, all of them would be above this product.

I find the product packaging misleading and conveniently labeled so that someone not familiar with the actual Argan oils on the market, will pick it up believing it to be Argan oil. It isn't, and it isn't even a good product, with that aside. Avoid. I have only given this product even 1 star, because that is the minimum rating allowed.

I also can't say I'm surprised to read from other reviews that this product can be found in 'pound shops', it just surprises me it's being sold anywhere else.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great hair oil for the price, 10 Sep 2014
David Stewart (Glasgow, United Kingdom.) - See all my reviews
I've been using this oil for a few months now and I can report that it does make my hair feel stronger and it smells good. As to whether it slows hair-loss in any way I can only say I'm at the mercy f my genes primarily and I don't know if I'd have been balder haven't not used it. But I do use it and have re-ordered it in the past because like I said it smells good and makes my hair feel good.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst argan oil ever!, 16 Jun 2014
Worst argan oil I have ever had. Do not recommend! Hair looked like I had dipped it in a chip pan and that was only after I used a tiny amount.

3.0 out of 5 stars Argan Oil Hair Treatment, 13 July 2014
I think this argan oil has helped to make my hair a bit smoother overall, but i don't think it does much for my frizz and i probably have type 2c/3a curls, so i get a fair amount of frizz! Also, whilst the bottle is fairly big and i don't use much each time, i think it is quite expensive. The other day i found out that pound stretcher do argan oil products, including a hair mask, hair spray and a smaller version of this product for £1, so i think i'll be buying from there from now on.

4.0 out of 5 stars ... OIL BEFORE WHEN BOUGHT AS A PRESENT FOR ME LOVED IT SO ORDERED THE NEXT SIZE UP, 9 July 2014
HAVE USED ARGAN OIL BEFORE WHEN BOUGHT AS A PRESENT FOR ME LOVED IT SO ORDERED THE NEXT SIZE UP. BE AWARE TOO MUCH APPLIED LEAVES HAIR FEELING VERY GREASY. i HAVE LONG HAIR AND FIND 4 DROPS ENOUGH. WORK WELL INTO THE HAIR BEFORE DRYING

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok stuff, 7 July 2014
Aunty cake (hertfordshire) - See all my reviews
This is ok, it's very oily. Which sounds odd but the real stuff isn't. This has a heavy sunflower oil consistency, it isn't argan oil but a few different kinds (including argan oil) in a paraffin base. I think this would be good for Afro Caribbean hair or very dry hair. On normal to slightly oily it will only make it heavy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Marvellous, 29 May 2014
After a long search this is just the ticket if you have thick and difficult to manage hair. Goes a long way.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for me, 23 May 2014
Does not work in the same way the original morroccan oil does - back to paying more for the better quality product!!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed..., 15 Oct 2014
M. L. Robalo (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Not great... there's better products out there. Leaves my hair too heavy even if I apply a tiny amount to the tips and it contains very little Argan Oil. I stopped using it in favour of Schwarzkopf's Gliss Oil.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good price, fast delivery, 25 July 2014
Richard Dew - See all my reviews
Good price, fast delivery, few drops make hair shine without irritation of some hair gels. Works well but you only need a few drops otherwise you will end up with a greasy forehead.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›