5.0 out of 5 stars Superb sling
This was a fantastic sling, I had separated my clavicle which involved some very nasty torn ligaments. The NHS sling pulled my shoulder down, increasing the pain. This held everything in place and when on my pain was decreased immensely. No mean feat!
Published on 12 May 2011 by Mr. Darren Brown

2.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but not quality
Bought this for wearing on holiday abroad following a shoulder operation. This was the most expensive of all supports sold on Amazon so thought with the airflow design (material with small holes to vent the arm) it would be ideal.

The experience turned out to be let down by flaws in the design which is a shame as it had potential to be a good item...
Published 1 month ago by elaglegin

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb sling, 12 May 2011
Mr. Darren Brown "db" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Neo GTM Fitright Airflo Sport Arm Sling, medical grade support with breathability (Personal Care)

4.0 out of 5 stars The Neo GTM Fitright Sling, 29 Sep 2011
This is a first class sling. My wife fractured her wrist and one of her problems was that
the hospital sling caused her shoulder and back to ache with the lack of support for her cast.
The Neo GTM Fitright changed that instantly. It offers great support and looks smart. The only
reason it doesn't get the fifth star is that I thought the fitting instructions could have been
more comprehensive. Nonetheless it is an excellent sling and we would recommend it wholeheartedly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 28 Jan 2012
My mum bought this for me to help with rheumatoid arthritis affecting my shoulders...it's great as truly reversible - essential as both my shoulders are prone to flares! I can put it on myself so long as I only have to adjust the straps once it's in place, making me feel a little more independant. It's comfy, lightweight, breathable and looks good. Unlike knotted triangular bandages, this is designed for shoulders and doesn't put any weight on my neck - which is very important!! Yes, it's true that there aren't instructions, but you really don't need them. Order it and be comfy!!

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY GOOD SLING!, 28 May 2012
I had a type 3 AC dislocation on 04.09.2011. I crashed a quad bike in las vegas desert and i ripped my collarbone away from shoulder tearing completely through 3 ligaments.

I ordered this to better restrain my arm as the USA hopsital sling is good quality but the strap was too thin and it cut into me.

basically the straps on this are very comfortable, i was breathable, and you can wear it with your black superdry jacket and it makes the sling less obvious.

after the operation to repair on 24.04.2012 i re used this sling as the foam one the hospital gave me was rubbish, it was cheap and nasty and hot,

this sling when all fastenings done up just stops your arm moving, its comfortable to wear asleep aswell.

i've used it for 2-3 months in total. and the velcro is still strong.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good sling, 1 Oct 2013
I bought this sling following rotator cuff surgery, so need to wear a sling 24/7 for 6 weeks. After a week or so the NHS sling was getting a bit 'gruffty' so I needed an alternative. There is much to like about this sling. It is well made and feels durable. It is generally comfortable to wear and slightly cooler than my NHS sling due to the mesh design. So why only 4 stars? There is a cuff around the shoulder strap which provides a degree of padding. However the cuff is not quite wide enough for the shoulder strap to lie flat inside it, so the shoulder strap tends to 'ruckle' up a bit inside it, slightly increasing the pressure on your shoulder that bears the weight of your arm. In addition, the cuff is a little short, if it was longer it would spread that pressure more effectively. So, the cuff could do with either being wider, or longer. Having said that, am I happy with my purchase - yes very much so. Would I buy it again - yes I would. Do I recommend it - yes I do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Neo GTM Sling, 23 May 2013
Great sling far superior then the standard uncomfortable hospital one. Looks the part also. Very strong velcro and extremely comfortable to wear. Lastly breathable and weighs nothing. 5*

5.0 out of 5 stars GTM FITRIGHT ARM SLING, 14 Mar 2013
fIRSTLY VEY GOOD SUPPORT FOR HAND,ARM SHOULDER LARGE ENOUGH TO SEE IN A CROWD INSTEAD
OF GETTING BUMPED INTO BEST IVE SEEN OR WORN.

4.0 out of 5 stars You can persuade it to hold your arm immobile comfortably, 7 July 2012
The product has symmetrically positioned hard points for the strapping, which of course enables use on either arm, but this leaves the user wondering which to use and how. It didn't take much experimentation, but I would have liked to have seen some recommendations on some kind of instruction sheet. Perhaps there are no hard and fast rules for these things. If so, then that could have been stated somewhere. There were no instructions in mine. I'm very pleased with it now that I am confident how to use it on myself.

2.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but not quality, 14 Sep 2014

It did prove to be cooler to wear in the sun than my NHS issued support but after about a week of use the Velcro shoulder strap started to fail to hold and the weight of the arm pulled the strap apart. The strap is stitched to the top of the back of the arm support and the other end loops around the neck and down through a buckle at the wrist part of the support which then sticks back to itself with Velcro.

The problem is the Velcro is only on the leading edge of the strap and the surface of the shoulder strap is made of a material similar to a fleece garment which is soft but although it initially stuck well, with use (for undoing it for dressing/undressing etc.) the Velcro starts to shred the surface of the strap which in turn prevents it from holding.

The other flaw I found was that although the support strap was initially firm when in place the breathable arm support material is slightly stretchy so as you walk the support flexes and allows the elbow to flex up and down putting pressure on the shoulder which its supposed to prevent moving.

With a few design changes this could be a good piece of kit but as it stands its poor and not suitable for shoulder operations/injuries

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money, 1 May 2013
Very comfortable and very adaptable, which is useful as the injury progresses. Easy and quick to wash and dry. I found the Velcro fastenings to be very strong and lasted well.