5.0 out of 5 stars At last a truly unputdownable book
In a year when most of the true masters of the American thriller have disappointed, along comes Thomas H. Cook to save the day. Cook writes psychological thrillers of nearly unbearable intensity and stunning originality. When you read Cook you know you are reading a novel that has never been written before, and where it will take you, you cannot guess. His latest - The...
Published on 28 Jan. 2011 by Alan Cluer

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't thrill me.
Although I liked the idea of this book from the synopsis, I have to be honest and say it didn't thrill me.

I found it slightly dusty, and difficult to place in time. It felt like the story was set in an older time, alhough references to current inventions such as the internet proved it wasn't. I realise this may be deliberate, as the novel is set in deep south...
Published on 8 Jan. 2013 by FiggyB

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing., 9 Dec. 2012
This review is from: The Last Talk with Lola Faye (Kindle Edition)
From the first page I felt this story drag. As I read on I came to the conclusion that the whole story would revolve around this one conversation between the main character and Lola Faye.

I struggled to continue on to the third chapter then had to admit defeat. I couldnt see the story progressing any faster or to a place where I could gain some kind of closure from the story.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting Analysis of a man's life, 24 Dec. 2012
This review is from: The Last Talk with Lola Faye (Kindle Edition)
Although the development of the story is set at a single meeting with someone from the central figure's past, the exchange cleverly brings about the realisation that past perceptions can be far from accurate. An interesting and well presented account of the 'penny dropping.'

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit disappointing, 7 Jan. 2013
This review is from: The Last Talk with Lola Faye (Kindle Edition)
After reading some good reviews I was excited to read this book. I did however find it quite boring as the majority of the book was about the last chat with Lola Faye (I guess what it says on the tin!) and it didn't feel like it was progressing very far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lola gets closer and closer, 20 Feb. 2013
This review is from: The Last Talk with Lola Faye (Kindle Edition)
Kept me hooked and uncertain of the outcome. I was sure Lola was going to shoot him. A unique and interesting unfolding of theevents. The ending seemed abit rushed - would have benefited from a bit more info on the denouement.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quirky and interesting, 17 Feb. 2013
This review is from: The Last Talk with Lola Faye (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this story and think I understood it to mean that things are not always what they seem. It encourages me to seek more writing from Thomas H Cook.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 24 Dec. 2012
This review is from: The Last Talk with Lola Faye (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed reading this book. I also enjoyed Red Leaves which was written by Thomas H. Cook. It was a pleasant surprise to find it in Kindle Daily Deal.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good amble, 17 April 2013
John Turner (Cumbria UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Last Talk with Lola Faye (Kindle Edition)
This is a gentle stroll of a book, well written and cleverly crafted. I thought I had it sussed about half way through and was completely wrong.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another good story from Thomas H Cook, 11 Jan. 2013
This review is from: The Last Talk with Lola Faye (Kindle Edition)
Well written story about a murder - but it's not a murder mystery but about the reactions and consequences of the murder. Highly readable.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 24 Dec. 2012
This review is from: The Last Talk with Lola Faye (Kindle Edition)
This story holds your interest. The characters are so well described you feel you know them. Quite a
surprise ending though.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not much happens; just characters learning about their histories., 18 Nov. 2014
D. Batten "swimboy" (Harpenden UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Last Talk with Lola Faye (Kindle Edition)
It's a slow development, and I nearly gave up. However, the final resolution for the characters made a satisfying ending.

The Last Talk with Lola Faye