Colour Name: Black|Change

on 7 October 2012
I love pink pig, I started using their sketchbooks during GCSE and continue to use them for both my art and photography at A-level. So, when I decided I wanted a proper sketchbook for some personal projects I knew exactly where to go. Pink pig's sketchbooks always have a thick and durable cover, the paper is thick and excellent quality and the front page (pink pig logos) is far from an eyesore and is actually cute and I normally leave the page in, as it makes me smile!

Another thing I find great about these sketchbooks is unlike the ones issued at school (A3 - black front, brown back) the A4 sketchbooks are black on both sides which leaves for plenty of doodling, if you're like me and have special gold/silver/white pens set aside for doodling on black surfaces.

Great sketchbooks and was shipping very quickly! I wasn't expecting mine until later next week but it arrived practically next day! Definitely recommend to anyone who's looking for a good sketchbook!
on 11 May 2014
Really good quality paper, takes pencil and charcoal well. Accidentally sprayed too much fixative on one page, no problems, the paper held firm. Spiral binding is the best, you get flat, even pages and the covers and paper feel pleasant to the touch. Pages are nice and white. It can't handle mechanical pencils, pens, or fountain pen ink (haven't tried markers) but that's to be expected, the grain is designed for graphite. Overall a nice buy, the only thing is it will fill up in no time as it's a little thin, 35 pages aren't a lot.

Also, the surface of the pages is quite textured and coarse. This can be good or bad depending on what your preference. Textured paper takes graphite and erasing pretty well but it's hard to do details. Basically in all probability the end result will look like graphite on paper (which it is) so if you're going for photorealism then maybe look around for smoother paper.
on 11 December 2012
Pink pig are a great company with great products. The pages are good for sketching, painting (water colour and acrylic) pencil crayon, water colour pencils, scrap booking and even writing. This hard book book is great for art projects.
on 27 April 2013
As soon as you see it, it looks great. It does when you open it too. The paper is really thick and good quality. The hardback covers look like they will keep it intact.
Only criticism is it's quite hard to rub out shaded areas, but that's only from experience with a F, 5B, and mechanical pencil. The rest is perfect.
on 28 August 2012
I started buying pink pig sketch books during my GCSEs and have just bought this one to take with me to uni.
Pink pig have always provided excellent quality, the paper is really nice for most medias and isn't see-through. Also it can't handle some black ink so just be wary of that!
I'd also recommend just mixing some PVA with a tiny bit of water and coating the book as it tends to wear away on the corners after a year of use! but this is standard to any paper/card sketch books.
There are no logos on this book! except the front page which can easily be taken out as it is ring bound. The front and back covers are strong and logo free.
It was delivered very fast! and in perfect condition. Nicely packaged.

Really great brand and brilliant price from this seller!
on 7 June 2012
This sketchbook has really nice quality paper, not too fibrous, which is what I like, it looks great, feels nice to draw on, well bound and has a little pig on the front which makes me smile whenever I see it. I bought three a couple of months ago, and I'm almost done, will definitely buy again. I recommend these sketchbooks fully, good delivery promptness too.
on 4 February 2013
Was really happy with the delivery and the product was exactly what i wanted. The pages are really good quality and for a decent price too.
on 22 February 2014
It's a good value for money however sticking lots on a page does affect the pages!! Use for sketching mostly wouldn't try anything else!!
on 11 December 2012
This is the second sketchbook I have bought for my daughter - a keen young artist and am about to purchase a third.
on 3 February 2013
After ordering, they dispatched very quickly, and arrived in good condition, very please with the sketchbooks, the quality of the paper is very good too! would recommend :)