5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Family Gaming Console
Published on 17 Jan. 2011 by cymro

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun
The Wii arrived promptly and well packaged. Setting it up with the television was straighforward, the instructions were easy to follow.
Published on 23 Aug. 2011 by Al

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Family Gaming Console, 17 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Nintendo Wii (Black) with Wii Sports + Wii Sports Resort: Includes Wii Remote Plus (Video Game)
This is a perfect console for family and friends alike of all ages to use. Bought primarily for the entertainment of a 3 and 6 year old it has since been used and enjoyed by family members of all ages. We had the mario cart game and wii sports game included in our 'bundle'. The six year old has had no problem whatsoever in using both these games and building up their own personal profile on the wii menu on their own. You can view your photos from your camera card, access the internet, download games and much more ....still finding things each time we go on it! Both children can access the cbeebies website and play games with no assistance whatsoever. We, as adults, have enjoyed playing on the wii sports games - playing golf, tennis, boxing, baseball and ten pin bowling (gets quite addictive!). Certainly helps to keep everyone active. We have since purchased the Peppa Pig game for the three year old which is perfect for her age group and certainly helps with co-ordination and learning. Would highly recommend this console.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!, 26 Mar. 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Had a go on this with my sisters over Christmas and decided I needed one for myself to get through the cold dark Winter nights. I bought the Black edition as alternative to white and with the built in motion plus.

Package arrived in good time and I couldn't wait to get it home and tryout the games. I'm loving them and the exercises (even though they show how unfit I've become over the years).

I went the whole hog and got the Wii-fit balance board at the same time - great deal on Amazon.

This is great fun whether for self or for family. I'm glad I got mine....

5.0 out of 5 stars Discipline++++, 9 Jan. 2011
Bawddwr (Cymru / Wales) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
The service provided by Amazon Prime was exemplary! It's now a case of discipline to the routines outlined in Wii Fit+ !!
Kit was easy to set up, although it adds greatly to the mass of cables behind the TV!
More than pleased with the purchase, even in our 60s!

21st January; have now purchased the 'ea Active: More Workouts' software. This is more demanding and structured than the Wii Fit+. A great addition to any exercise regime and at an excelent price on Amazon.co.uk.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Night In, 19 May 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Great Value for money (special offer). Very easy set up even an adult can do it. Games / controllers fun and responsive. However, if you wish to be sociable and have two player games, will need to invest in another controller. Internet connection not great and uses a lot of memory. BBC IPlayer good function. I would suggest if wish to purchase regularly review Amazon for offers - my deal was half price, which was available for one week only.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for all the family, 16 Feb. 2011
Adele (Northants, UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Bought this as a Xmas present after much nagging from 8 year old daughter who actually sets her clock & gets up an hour earlier now before school so she can have a play! So it keeps her happy & she's on time for school too! Teenage daughter also loves it & their Dad thinks it's good too. Super Mario Bros & Just Dance 2 are favourites. I'm not usually big on these things, but I can see myself getting into the Wwi Sports games which were included & Biggest Loser game which I bought extra - easier than going to the gym. When purchased I bought an additional remote controller & nunchuck after reading other reviews & that seems worth it. Also, when children go to friends' houses they can take their own controllers with them, so that works well. However, battery life isn't that good so batteries need replacing regularly. The Wii console design is stylish & small enough to be unobtrusive and I bought it in black so it fits in with the TV, DVD player etc. The good thing about the Wii is that it's not just for solo players. It can be a shared experience enjoyed by children or adults. Not a cheap item to purchase & I think most of the games are too expensive, but overall it has given the children hours of fun.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun, 23 Aug. 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
We have had a lot of fun playing the Wii sports but found the Sports Resort a bit limited, it was easy to get bored with the games especially since a lot of the games are best played with two remotes & the console only comes supplied with one.
Quality of graphics was okay but not HD. There seems to be plenty of scope for being active and having fun, I'm sure there are many happy hours ahead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone loves it - even PC Gamers, 28 May 2011
Kevin (OMAGH, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I play my games on the PC and am a bit of a game-a-holic. Even for a hardcore gamer like me, there is nothing like a bit of Wii against your friends! We are really competitive with golf when sober, but racing games are something we enjoy after a night on the town. Great fun!

I play this with my 11'ish year old nieces when at my sisters, with my 5 and 6 year old nieces when at my brothers, and my sister-in-law swears by the Wii-Fit to keep her from getting a gastric band fitted!

I've just bought some more stuff for mine, which I use to sort of socialise with my housemate. You can't beat the Wii... every home should have one and you won't be sorry you bought it, no-matter the age or background of the people who will play it.

I see this one is quite cheap with the Mario Karts, but I would also recommend you grab a copy of Wii Sports (1) too so that you can play the more family oriented games. Bound to be able to pick it up cheap on Amazon ;) Buy it, you won't regret it :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pack with very good price., 26 Oct. 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
First let me inform that the console in this bundle is the normal Wii (retro-compatible with Game Cube) and not the new one (2011 Family edition).

This bundle pack comes with the console (normal one) plus Wii motion plus controller with a nuchuck and a Wii wheel to attach to the controller and to be used with the Mario Kart Wii that came with the pack. All cables and required connectors are included (note that the video cable is a simple Av one).

This pack does not offer the standard Wii resort games, so this is oriented to Mario kart fans (like me lol).

Console came with the most recent firmware 3.4e (European)(October 2011).

If you are like me and dont really care much for the motion controlled games but still want to play some of the tittles available on the Wii, this is the perfect Pack for you. Plus is a normal version and you can use old GameCube controllers (meaning that can buy very cheap ones on Ebay) and play Gamecube games, that you can buy very cheap now a days.
Since i'm a GameCube owner and i have a 4 controllers plus a lot of games is nice to be able to use them on the Wii.

Note of advice for HDTV owners: Buy a Component Cable to be able to use 480p image.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wii Console and Game, 6 April 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Great Fun and makes keeping fit easy as long as you keep it up. So glad I got one and I am 67

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and entertaining to play, 28 Dec. 2010
Mr. P. Datta "Pritthijit" (Stockton on Tees, Teesside) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
The Nintendo brand has revolutionised the video game market, with the latest offering of the Wii. Family entertainment represents the core value of the game console, as TV adverts show families playing the Wii as an unit. You can compete with each other, which is fun and entertaining. The Wii is unique, as the much of the control is based on physical movements by using the controls. Game play has changed from the conventional controls of joy pads. It is much easier playing video games. The Wii package includes accessories, two sport games, manual guides, a control and customer service information. It is easy to connect the Wii with the TV, as instructions are self-explanatory and includes diagrams to illustrate. It can be used for multi-purposes such as storing digital photos, creating characters and connect to the Internet. I am really satisfied with what is offered from the package and really enjoy playing the Wii. I am a thirty-something male and this is my first game console. It is worth buying, as it is simply addictive and promotes game-playing to a new level. It is fun to play with the family and friends.