Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 24 October 2003
A wonderful and inspiring feast of Celtic music. Varied instrumental, choral and solo pieces. The track 'The Deer's Cry' based on the words of St Patrick's Breastplate sung in a strong ,clear voice contains meaningful,spiritual words and indeed is a beautiful piece of reflective music.A gentle beginning reaching a powerful finale . Definitely worth mentioning.It can reduce a hundred people to silence and awe.This is not the only track that cries out to be listened to!Lots of varied styles of song and music.
If you are interested in your celtic culture & origins and are a spiritual,reflective being this is for you.
on 3 June 2008
Content, production, performance - all of the highest quality. A very good mix of instruments and voices, wonderfully put together and a real addition to any collection of Celtic music.
I have had this CD myself for the last 12 years and have yet to find anyone who has not been bowled over by it. Thoroughly recommended
on 23 April 2009
This is a delightful album with a variety of instrumental and vocal music as well as the spoken word. The track "The Deer's Song" alone makes the purchase worth every penny - truly inspiring!
on 6 July 2014
A sensational discovery

Irish folk music has always been close to my heart, but it has taken me till now to discover Rita Connolly on a radio programme. The song was ,of course, The Deers Cry. By Shaun Davey they told me.the beauty.of Rita's voice and the quality of the music made me explore further
I was not unlucky. The narrative,the choirs and the widespread music qualifies the Pilgrim as not just an opera but also as a charming tale of rare beauty. I bought the disk then on the chance that I might find another album for my collection. Well I have, in fact I have found a a wealth of Rita's & Shauns music to listen to and digest.
And I'm definitely not disappointed. The whole spread of this diverse music will never let me down.
on 1 January 2016
Hauntingly beautiful Celtic spiritual music.
My Priest used this to 'open' his retreat days and it really helps calm and place you into a peaceful and meditative state to start a day of reflection and prayer.
Play it anytime you need to relax, at the end of a tiring day or just any time to sooth away the busyness of modern life.
I love it.
on 3 November 2011
I bought this CD because I heard the track The Deer's Cry on the radio and I eventually found it on this CD. If the Deer's Cry was the only track I liked on this CD it would still be well worth buying but thankfully I like the whole CD. In fact I have now bought 3 and passed two on to other people.
on 30 May 2015
The cd is just what is needed when feeling " stressed" even if it is only for The Deer's Cry which is breathtaking in its simplicity.
on 3 March 2010
A good variety on the CD. I bought it after I heard 'The Deer's Cry' on Radio Cymru recently
on 24 November 2014
thanks. Anne M A. It is lovely, I really enjoy listening to it. A.M.A.
on 9 December 2015