5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, perfect service AMAZING deal, thank you :)
Here is my mini review on the following product:

A1CS Leather Case + USB Keyboard + Stylus pen + Free Screen Protector for 10 inch ePad aPad tablet PC

Published on 7 Jan 2011 by n isted

3.0 out of 5 stars Not an A1CS case...
Published 18 months ago by Mr. D. C. Spagnol

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, perfect service AMAZING deal, thank you :), 7 Jan 2011
This review is from: A1CS 10"/10.2" Leather Look Case + USB Keyboard + Stylus pen + Screen Protector for 10"/10.2" A1CS android tablet PC
Here is my mini review on the following product:

I will start by saying how impressed I am at how fast my purchase came in the mail given the holiday season. Perfectly packaged and delivered with speed, this was the first sign that I had made the right choice buy using A1SC to purchase my goods. The excellent tablet that I brought has been covered in a separate review by myself so here I will only focus on the keyboard/case.

A fine build, durable and well made indeed. The leather case with its high quality stitched seems was well worth the price that I paid. It has a sturdy hinge that looks like it will last a life time. It has a hard case cover that opens up like a book with a magnetic strap/latch that holds the case closed really well. Apart from the build quality, its best feature is that (when open) it has a fold out stand that holds the tablet containing section in place at a perfect angle for maximum viewing pleasure. With the correct sized tablet attached, its like having a light weight laptop at your disposal (but with out the noisy fan and heavy weight or clumsy size) enabling you to sit comfortable in front of any desk and get on with what ever you want to do in a relaxed and productive manor. The metal clips that hold the tablet in place are fitted in discreet locations around your pad so it fits perfectly with out any fear of the tablet dropping from its captive points or slipping out/ loosing grip. With your tablet held firmly in place you can easily feel confident that you have made the right choice, and at what a great price! To put it simply, thank you to A1CS for a great product and a perfect all round service. A seller that I would most defiantly use again. It was a pleasure shopping with you this second time round.

My purchase:

Product I brought leading to this purchase:

(check out my review for this product at the bottom of the product page):

A1CS X220 TABLET 10.2" ANDROID 2.1,WIFI,3G,HDMI,1080P, GPS WITH CAM

5.0 out of 5 stars A1CS Leather Case + USB Keyboard + Stylus pen, 8 Jan 2011
Exactly as described this is a high qualtity slip case for 10 inch tablet which looks as good as the description. It gives every impression of being tough enough to withstand the odd knock or bump protecting the tablet within. The Tablet fits snugly in the holder and yet is easily removed when you want the versitilty of just the touch screen. When fitted and being used on a table or desk the handy picture frame style stand presents the screen at just the right viewing angle.

Set up was so simple, I just plugged in the usb and that was it! The keyboard has a good feel and is responsive making typing so much easier than the on screen touch type.

Delivery was very fast.

Overall it's been a delightful buying experience and one that i'm happy to share.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 15 Mar 2011
I actually got this for my Archos 101 and it fits almost perfectly. I had to make a small incision in the left had bracket so it didn't foul the on/off button. The quality is excellent and the keyboard suberb. One small niggle is the @ sign and " character are transposed on the keyskeys but that may be down to the machmachine.

5.0 out of 5 stars cant fault the service, 2 April 2011
I bought this for my Advent Vega. Cant fault the quality of this product on appearance, packing or speed of delivery but also cant use it as it doesnt work with my advent vega. wont be returning it as essentially there is nothing wrong with this product, works fine when I plug it into my laptop but I suppose buyer beware, check that this is compatible with the device you want to use it with. This is advertised quite clearly as being for the epad/apad, I stupidly followed a link someone posted on an advent vega site to this keyboard and bought it on recommendation from someone I didnt know ! go figure huh? my own fault !

4.0 out of 5 stars Good case, not ideal for Archos 101, 28 July 2011
Roy Turner (Reading, UK) - See all my reviews
The case itself is good - looks good, keyboard works well, neat design, the stand at back hinges out to hold the tablet at a good angle for viewing while typing. Should be great for the tablets it is designed for.
One of the other reviewers commented that you could use it with an Archos 101 by trimming one of the retaining clips. This is true, but the clip is metal and took a few minutes vigorous work with a junior hacksaw to trim. It still looks neat, and the clip is now clear of the on/off button, but it still can jiggle the audio volume buttons. Also, the Archos 101 is not held very firmly. So for the Archos 101, it is adequate (as modified) but not great, though given the low price might be worth considering as an interim measure until Archos produce something similar (last time I checked they did a good sleeve, which I also have and am very happy with, but it doesn't have the keyboard).

4.0 out of 5 stars A1CS Leather Look case, 3 Jun 2012
I ordered this along with the A1CS android tablet PC and received both within 3 days of ordering (received on 9th of May)when estimated delivery date was between 12th-24th of May. However the USB keyboard was faulty therefore I emailed them promptly and they sent firmware via email to update tablet. However after testing a USB mouse I realised it was not a software issue and contacted them again and they sent a replacement case without any questions and I received this within two days to my satisfaction. I would recommend A1CS for a first class service and would not hesitate to use them again.

5.0 out of 5 stars A1CS case review, 29 Sep 2011
I bought this case as it was it was listed with my new Archos 101 16gb tablet on amazon. I was looking to get a case & keyboard at some point. so if I hadn't of seen it listed I probably wouldn't have bought it never mind looked for anything like this.
So I'm very glad I did see it. I can use my tablet like a netbook. The case is good quality, keyboard is excellent for me. The stylus wasn't in my case when it arrived. so I sent A1CS a polite email asking about it. I got a very quick reply from them apologsing & letting me know a stylus would be in the post to me. I think it was a couple of days later one duly arrived. I wish every customer sevice was this good.
Not only do you get a good quality case with excellent usb keyboard, you get a stylus & a screen protector for your tablet. On top of that customer service is first class.
The only caveat I can find is the left holding clasp covers the volume control & off/on button. Bit of a pain, but the case was made with there own tablet in mind. Don't let that put you off owning this case though. Everyone I have showed the case to has said how cool it looks & would love one. I wouldn't hesitate using A1CS again. Excellent company in my experience :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great for Archos 101, 30 Aug 2011
C. Flynn "colm_flynn" (Ireland) - See all my reviews
Firstly let me say I am impressed with how quickly this was delivered. On ordering the website said 5-12 days but I had it two days later.

It looks good. Not much like leather but it still looks good. I plugged in the USB and the keyboard worked instantly. It has a nice feel to it and is a huge improvement over the on screen keyboard. I noticed that the battery seemed to drain a little faster than usual so that may be something to watch out for with the keyboard plugged in to the USB but that's to be expected.

However the Archos 101 just does not fit into it properly. There is no way to secure the tablet into the case. Sure there are little metal brackets at the side and the bottom but turn it upside down and the little leather clasp is not held strongly enough to prevent the Archos falling out. Given the basic design I suspect many other tablets would have a similar problem. It would be better with a button clasp rather than a weak magnetic clasp. But even if the clasp was stronger the Archos still kind of slips out at an angle. A couple of elastic holders at the corners would make a huge difference. Also the left hand metal side bracket sits right on top of the power button and volume controls. That means you can't get to the button when you need to turn it on and you can't stop it turning on at random as you carry it around as the button is a bit sensitive and the bracket is right on top of it. I tried turning it upside down and while the screen display flipped the USB was now blocked which kind of defeated the purpose as you can't plug in the keyboard.

I think the best way to use it may be to flip the device in the cradle while carrying it around to the on/off button is not being pressed and then when you come to use it just take it out and flip it around again (no more complicated than taking it out of a sleve). After that I am still working on ways to secure it into the case. I am toying with the idea of elastic bands around the bottom brackets and up around the device. Or maybe stick on velcro on the back of the tablet. I suspect it will take a bit of tweaking to come up with a good solution.

HOWEVER for all that you can't beat the price. A few weeks ago I bought a basic protective padded "sleve" with a zipper opening and a side pocket. It was about 50% more than this case and didn't come with the keyboard. For the keyboard alone it is worth the price. If they can work out the design flaws it would be cheap at twice the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Value, 27 Feb 2011
I've had the tablet now for about a week. I have to say the Android experience was a little strange at first, even powering on the first time proved a challenge, but having climbed the (not too steep)learning curve,and actually read the first couple of pages of the manual, I am so pleased I bought this machine.

For a oouple of hundred quid it's massively more useful than a netbook. With the optional keyboard and a bog-standard USB mouse(!) attached, it works just like a windows-based machine. With the Docs to Go app for a tenner, I can edit Word, Excel and Powerpoint documents or work seamlessly with GoogleDocs. Set yourself up a free Dropbox account, and you can keep a web-based master copy of documents to work on back at your office PC or laptop. In essence it does most things you'd want of a laptop, and you really can easily write a couple of thousand words on this or build a presentation slide set without recourse to a 'real' computer.

When you take it out of the keyboard case you then have a tablet PC you can take and use just about anywhere, using the stylus. As an old Palm Pilot geek, I appreciated the Graffiti app that allowed me to resurrect those old skills to enter text rapidly without using the standard 'droid keyboard. I've been using this for note-taking / to-do list keeping - it's perfect to take to a meeting and far less obtrusive than a laptop in that context. I sync it up to Toodledo and Google Calendar (which in turn sync to my Windows Laptop / Exchange) via the terrific Pocket Informant app and it works like a charm as an always-available personal organizer.

Having played with an iPad, and seriously considered buying one, I would definitely recommend this as a functional improvement. It won't be for everyone - the resistive screen is not the same smooth silky experience, and it takes a couple of hours to get into the Android way of doing things, but the keyboard and mouse support make it a MUCH more useful tool. Add to that the fact it's a third of the price, has built-in GPS, is built on an open platform which I have no doubt will overtake Apple's proprietary approach in the next couple of years, and this seems like a much better way to go. I can afford to upgrade this machine every year, and given the exciting things in the Android pipeline, I'm very glad to be on board.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not an A1CS case..., 6 Mar 2013
This is a GENERIC leather case. The quality is great but I'd seen something similar, a bit cheaper. I got this because it says it's for the A1CS 10-10.2" panels and I hoped it would be a match for the one I just bought. However the panel is somewhat smaller than the case, and the USB lead is a standard one, which means that you need a USB-OTG cable to connect it. The new A1CS panel comes with one, but as it's not right-angled, it sticks out of the case. I've just sent off for a right-angled USB-OTG cable, so that it will all stay inside! The top clip adjusts on a spring, the bottom one is fixed. The left one is fixed too, meaning that the unit ends up on the left - you can't centre it. And there is an elastic corner piece to hold it all in but it is too far over to the right, it only just about catches it, and I certainly wouldn't hold it with that edge facing down.

There is no access to the on/off switch or the volume rocker when the unit is in the case. Pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL on the keyboard resets it when on, and switches is on when off, but there doesn't appear to be a way to switch off without unhooking from the case to push the button on the back. Shame.

However, it does get 3 stars because it does appear good quality and robust, the "leather" looks good, double layered and well stitched, and the keyboard is pretty good too - though it's an American layout, but that matches the tablet. I can't work out how to get a £ or Euro sign though. The screen protector just about covers the viewable area of the 10.1 inch A1CS Fusion5, which makes it more puzzling as to why the case is oversized.

The stylus pen works but doesn't fit in the holder which was clearly designed for the old hard styluses used on the resistive screens.

In conclusion, I'd say that it might have got 4/5 because of the price, and quality, but selling it as a match to an A1CS Fusion5 10.1 inch when it is clearly not, loses another star. It will do, but given the advertising you'd expect better.