5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent piece of kit.
Published on 1 July 2011 by A. H. Thompson

The tablet arrived 2 days after ordering and I was very impressed with the packaging as well as the free screen protector, case, keyboard and free memory card.

Published on 8 April 2011 by Boomer61

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent piece of kit., 1 July 2011
A. H. Thompson "multimedia man" (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A1CS X220 TABLET 10.2" ANDROID 2.2, WIFI, MIFI, HDMI, 1080P, GPS WITH CAM
I did some serious research into the Tablet market before deciding to buy the A1CS X220 Android Tablet some ten days ago. It seemed to offer everything I wanted - book reader, internet, email, MP3 player, photo and video viewer, and at a price I was prepared to pay. And it has proved to do all these things and more - I really am pleased and impressed with this product. It is well built, comes with GPS aerial, and transformer with an 8 foot cable, making it easy to use well away from a power point. It is comfortable to hold, light enough to use in bed or in a chair,and I have also used it on a train. The battery lasts for at least three hours before it needs recharging and you can use it with the mains connected as well, although I prefer not too as the mains input cable could get in the way, get pulled and thus damaged. The tablet has three inputs, two USB and one Micro SD card which can take up to 32 Gig capacity.

Never having experience an Android device before, it took me a few days and a lot of fun to get used to the system. Android 2.2 is designed for both Tablets and Telephones and this could cause problems though in practice it has not done so. There is a huge variety of Apps available that cover just about everything you might ever need and some you wonder 'why?'. It comes with a good range of useful apps already loaded including QuickOffice, Google Maps and a GPS program, email and Gmail apps, Amazon Kindle, Skype, and a browser, and a range of apps that make the system work effectively. There is a wide range of free apps available through the already installed Google 'Market'. The Manual is small, but almost perfectly formed, and it does contain most of the information you will need at the beginning, although you may need to try things a few times until you get it right. You can also download a Google Android 2.2 Manual from the Internet which is a bit more comprehensive.

I also purchased the 'leather'case with keyboard. This is an excellent addition to the kit and although I have not used the almost full sized keyboard in the lid of the case much yet, I can see that under certain circumstances away from home that it will be most useful. I discovered that the Shift key on the keyboard did not produce capital letters, and an email to A1CS via Amazon was answered the following morning, a micro SD card with a 'fix' on it arrived the next day and all is now working fine. I must say that A1CS is VERY good to deal with, they reply promptly to emails and are most helpful and appreciative of any complimentary comments.

So far this has proved to be an excellent and most enjoyable product - why pay more?

Postscript January 2012

I have now been using my Tablet almost every day since June of last year and am still extremely pleased with this purchase. It does what it is supposed to do and at a really good price. There is a slight disappointment in that the camera in the Tablet does not seem to work with Skype, although Skype works with sound only perfectly well. But that is my only small grumble!

I used the screen protector provided by A1CS and find that it reduces the touch sensitivity of the screen very slightly, although I quickly got used to it. It does protect the screen from damage and scratches, however. New Screen Protectors can be obtained from A1CS. I also keep a sheet of plastic foam between the screen and the keyboard when not in use - it prevents the keyboard from marking the screen protector. Some other points about the Tablet are covered in my answers below.

My BIG grumble is not with A1CS at all but with Google. I and many others have found it impossible to purchase Apps from Android Market, despite the fact that I have registered with Google. The same Apps will download onto an Android Telephone, but not onto an Android Tablet despite the fact that Android 2.2 is designed for both phones and tablets. The range of free Apps is good, but there are one or two I would like to purchase as well. Come on, 'Goggle', get this sorted out!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have Tablet PC, 13 Feb 2011
Something must be really good for me to break my silence, and here it is.Forget all the hype you keep hearing about this tablet and that tablet,just buy this and enjoy,in the knowledge that it will do almost everything for a third of the price.After you have added this to your basket don`t forget to add the case which has a built in keyboard and stand,it`s the perfect way to protect your tablet.Research is what i do when buying an item,value for money etc and that`s exactly what this tablet gives you without scrimping on quality and features.It looks good,it feels good and performs extremely well.Easy to use and setup the internet,two minutes at the most,two micro sd slots,two standard USB ports and an ethernet port for network or a wired internet connection.The quality of the screen is excellent too and very responsive,there`s also a camera and microphone incorporated.The tablet has a 44 page manual which for the novice to the expert is easy to follow.Although i have said that it is packed with features,which it is,the one thing that stood out for me is the E-Book Reader only because i have alot of books and i was thinking of buying an E-Book Reader,but i`m not now.I loaded 35 of my books onto it for a start and i love it,i`ve just saved myself about hundred pounds as well by not buying an E-Book Reader.Now that`s what i call value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy at a great price, 20 Jan 2011
The brought the tablet from A1CS on the Monday and it was delivered on the Wednesday morning. The tablet came with a free slip case and screen protector which was a nice surprise as these were not mentioned.

First of all this is not an I Pad, but at the third of the price, more connection options and software support it gives the I Pad real competition.

The tablet itself is easy to use with external controls mounted on the top of the tablet and the interface connections down the right hand side.

The 2x MicroSD sockets and the 2 x USB sockets means there is great scope for expansion and swapping of files between a PC and the tablet.

The screen is resistive compared to the capacitive of the I Pad meaning you need to touch it slightly harder to operate but after a few minutes of operation you soon forget this.

The only issue I have with the tablet is that it doesn't work with my o2 3G dongle; this isn't too much of an issue for me because I plan to use it mainly connected to the net via wifi but people buying this for use outside of the home and away from wifi hotspots should be aware of this.

I great buy at a good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, perfect service AMAZING deal, thank you :), 7 Jan 2011
This is my review on my A1CS X220 TABLET 10.2" ANDROID 2.1,WIFI,3G,HDMI,1080P, GPS WITH CAM sold by A1CS..

SPECS:

1 x Mini HDMI
2 x TF card slot
1 x DC jack
Battery Built in 3200MAH Li-ion Battery; About 3 Hours
WIFI: WIFI,802.11 b/g, 3G(WCDMA,EVDO)
Video formats: MP4 SP, AVI(XVID,H.263,DIVX), Flash, 3GP, H.263+WMA,H.264 (720p),some of 1080P
Audio formats: WMA,MP3,WAV,OOG,AAC,EAAC.
AC Power: Adapter: 100-240V Input

Additional Features
1.3 Mega Camera
High quality Speaker
G-Sensor
Vibration function
Support GPS

I purchased this Pad along with the A1CS Leather Case + USB Keyboard + Stylus pen for 10 inch ePad aPad tablet PC and was so happy that I had to write a review on both products and the service that I received from A1CS. I am simply a customer and by no means any kind of `pro` in the industry, a simple happy customer. Delivery was fast (given the seasonal holiday period) I received the pad one day and the keyboard the next day, I ordered them separately, they both arrived in great time.

On arrival the first thing that impressed me was the packaging. The device was well protected and perfectly packed. It came with a sheet of paper that had some vital information on it which was well written, clear to understand and with easy instructions to follow. This was in addition to the user manual which I will get to in a moment. The letter (welcoming you to your product) contained brief instructions for users new to an android operating system. Warning the new user of what could possibly go wrong IF instructions were not followed and how to correct any errors the new user may come across. Sadly, I did not read this before turning on the unit and came across the problem myself as I did not charge the unit fully before using. Half way through the initial boot process (due to my not reading the instructions or fully charging the unit) the tablet crashed. When I rebooted the unit it stuck on the boot screen (a problem I caused myself, not a product fault) and I had to do a factory reset. I looked (finally!) at all the paper work that came with the unit and read the sellers kind letter. It gave me a step by step walk through of what I might have done and how to resolve the situation in a quick and effective manor, I was up and running in minutes. I did need to contact A1CS to get the registration number for the unit to re-register it after it did its `first time boot` for the second time. A1CS emailed me back within minutes of receiving my email requesting the registration code and the whole process was complete and I had a fully working unit. What great customer service they have, I will most defiantly be using them again. After my initial `foopaa` I decided to read the manual, I am glad that I did. It is extremely well written, covers ALL features of the unit and is a valuable source of information. A small book (the size of a large beer mat) but quite thick. A definite MUST READ.

The unit its self:

A good weight (does not feel cheaply made) you get a sense of sturdy craftsmanship rather than a feeling of cheap plastic. Some people on the net moan that android 2.1 devices are slow and slugish, this is not something I have found to be true. Sure android 2.2 (and up) improve device performance and applications (and have more supportive features like FLASH 10.1 enabled browsers/players) but this unit is perfect as it is. Flash is not a vital part of this unit as there are solutions to combat the lack of flash support. The build in web browser does not play flash files directly, However, This tablet comes with the ANDROID MARKET APP installed on it (a well full of applications, games and other such needed software to support and enhance your system) where you can download a web browser called SKYFIRE, this WILL play flash content (including flash videos) and display pages the standard browser will not. Make use of the ANDROID APP MARKET, its your friend, your best friend! Another program I will recommend would be ADVANCED TASK KILLER. This is an essential program that will keep your system running at optimal performance level and enable you to fully appreciate the android operating system. Some people do not understand why their phone/tablet (insert android device here) slows down after prolonged use. Its simple, some programs do not quit, they hide in the background (draining system resources) and slowing down your device to the point where you think the device is faulty, ITS NOT!! you just need to make sure you have closed down any unwanted processes/apps that you don't need running, its as simple as that. Also, think about back up! There is a great app called MYBACKUP from the market. This backs up all your programs and contacts/data, V-handy should you need to do a reset of the system that leads to the device being completely wiped clean of all current data, this includes programs, contacts, emails, chat history the works.

Back to the device in question:

It comes with all the cables you will need, a nice thick padded carry case,stylus pen (attaches to the pad discretely) including a GPS receiver which connects to a purpose built socket (so it does not take up any vital sockets) and has quite a lengthy cable, This means you could even mount the receiver on the roof of your car (for a better signal) when in navigation mode using the in built navigation software.

The touch screen is highly responsive, it takes a while to get use to and you can easily select the wrong option at first until you get use to using the tablet. I love this as some tablets literally have to have a hard tap/swipe in order to get the desired action/feedback.

Applications (pre installed ones):

There are great apps on the market as I have already mentioned. You can download various media players (mostly for free) from the market place, I use realplayer mainly but various apps cover various requirements. What it does come with is good enough though. You get an E book reader (I downloaded the Amazon Kindle app), music player (I downloaded winamp) GPS (and various mapping/navigation apps) video players, a few games, most of the social networking apps (you can download facebook,twitter,etc also).

I wont go too much into the software as you will want to discover the product for yourself, needless to say it has all you need and what you feel it lacks can easily be downloaded.

The Keyboard/case that I ordered was well worth its price. Good leather quality that looks like its going to last. It has a magnetic catch to hold it closed when in `carry case mode`. What I like is the way it unfolds to support the pad in a monitor position with a flip out back rest to stand it up. With the keyboard plugged in to the USB, simply add a USB mouse and you literally have a small laptop in front of you (except with out the noisy loud fan that a laptop has) which will handle most tasks with ease. The only downfall I have found to date (which is a marketing issue not a product fault or problem the seller has left you with) is that there is no office style apps on the market that I can find. So you may still find yourself digging out the laptop of a rare occasion here and there to write letters and other documents, I am sure one will arrive on the market soon!

DNLA:

With its two USB sockets there is ample room to add an external hard drive (or two) or USB memory stick (don't forget the two micro SD sockets also, only one works on my unit but is not a major issue for me) to get to all your media. I found that playing films on a micro SD card lead to playback issues (lag) But using a USB hard drive was spot on, playback was perfect at HD resolutions.

I like to stream videos from my home media centre via a couple of media servers that I have running. Some cool apps for streaming the media that I have found are Twonky mobile, Eyecon, Remote media,Gizmo and ShareMe free. All work in one way or another and each has a feature that I use on a regular basis.

I am yet to try the web/built in camera and a few of the other features, but if I have not by now, then they are not really that important to me!

With the length this review is reaching I should start to draw to a close about now. Sadly, as I could write a lot more about this product and the service that I have received. I have had this unit for a few days now and apart from MY initial error during first use, I have been completely satisfied with my purchase. I know I am going to get a lot of use out of this tablet and from the quality of the build, it will last me quite a while in to the future.

THANK YOU to A1SC for a great product and a wonderful service. You really are A1 :)

A1CS X220 TABLET 10.2" ANDROID 2.1,WIFI,3G,HDMI,1080P, GPS WITH CAM
A1CS Leather Case + USB Keyboard + Stylus pen + Free Screen Protector for 10 inch ePad aPad tablet PC

2.0 out of 5 stars Tablet was disappointing, but I agree the seller was excellent, 8 April 2011

The tablet felt solid and robust but light. After charging the boot up was about 50 - 55 seconds. I was happy with the system appps but the moment I connected to the web (wirelessly) things seem to go downhill. The resistive screen really seem to let this machine down. Its internet browsing was very unwieldy whichever browser we used i.e skyfire, dolphin and dolphin HD. When hitting a link it seemed to be very staccato and you definitely noticed a delay or the wrong link would come up. I have yet to be convinced about the combination of Android 2.2 and a resistive screen.The mains lead was a bit short and you may have to use an extension lead as I did.

However this is a very affordable tablet and if you can live with the sluggish browsers then this is well worth the price.

The sellers was very good and did try to address my browser issues and promptly arranged my refund when I returned the table. I would have no problem using them again, but hopefully with a better product.

5.0 out of 5 stars FIRST CLASS TABLET, FIRST CLASS SERVICE, 23 Jun 2011
This review is split into two:

The Tablet itself and A1CS Ltd's service

THE TABLET

Since the iPhone was released years back and then the iPad /iPad2 I have always been intrigued with touch screen technology. My wife and I had neither the money nor the intention to shell out the cash for an iPad or iPad 2. However I did some investigating and found this tablet on Amazon. This tablet is a steal at 170.00 +P&P. The first thing that strikes you about it is its build quality. The screen is crystal clear and very large at 10.2". The tablet is bundled with a hard wearing soft foam flap case, GPS antenna adaptor, power lead, USB 2.0 lead and a stylus for those of us who like to use tablets with styluses.

The tablet screen is responsive to touch and the tablet itself works fast. The tablet automatically recognized my Wifi network and all I had to do was type in the password for the network and I was away! Software wise it is bundled with Opera web brower, Dolphin Web browser, Android Marketplace, Gmail and a generic calendar to name but a few apps loaded on the tablet. It is a joy to use. For those of you looking to get a slice of touch screen tablet action and are not willing or can not afford the big boys this certainly is not to be missed.

My wife and I are looking forward to hooking up our HD camcorder to the tablet to experience it's full 1080p screen on our holidays later this year.

THE SERVICE - A1CS Ltd

Having said all this above, we were plagued from fairly early on with an issue with a recurring Android error message (android. process.acore has stopped unexpectedly). This error message effectively renders your tablet useless, disabling the use of the keyboard amongst other functions etc. We performed several hard resets (Instructions promptly supplied by A1CS) and were very kindly sent a Firmware update via a mini SD card, all though to no avail. A1CS's service throughout all this was exemplary; I have myself worked in customer service for over 10 years. I could not fault their service. I could email literally anytime of the day or evening and you could guarantee that within 10-15 mins I had a response answering my question. I had a suspected charger problem for example and they sent out a new one the next working day.

Back to this software problem, I kept struggling with this error message and A1CS agreed to replace the tablet free of charge, they even threw in a car charger and loaded extra apps on the replacement tablet and installed the firmware update.

A superb tablet from a superb company.

4.0 out of 5 stars A1CS 10.2 internet Tablet, 30 July 2011
T. Massey (UK) - See all my reviews
After using a Tabtech 7" tablet for awhile I decided I wanted something faster and bigger so I ordered the above.
Placed the order Wednesday and it arrived Friday, pretty good!
So first impressions, well packaged, comes with a soft case and a screen protector. It booted up quickly and I connected to my Virgin broadband straight away with no problems. It gets agood strong signal too. I downloaded Kindle, BBC news, Sky News and of course Angry Birds, which plays beautifully. Included in the box is a help sheet, very useful too, I updated the market place and got a few more apps. It suggests downloading Quickpic for viewing your pictures, do it! It works better than the installed app. To transfer files from your pc you need to insert a micro sd into your pc copy the files to it and then put it into your tablet, no great problem there.
I have tried downloadin some games but apart from AB I found they were not much good tbh. It has crashed a couple of times, but rebooting sorted that. Its not windows (that crashes too) and its not an Ipad, but seems to work well enough for the price. Like a phone the battery will run down even when not in use and you must remember to stop programs running in the background by using app killer or manage app. BBC iplayer will not work, please note.
I have tried the GPS but to be honest it was a bit hit or miss, but I will percevere!
I will update this review in a week or so.
Overall? Well if you can't afford an ipad and can accept this tablet with its drawbacks, go get one!!!!!
UPDAte 3/8/11
The charger stopped working after a few days so I had to return it for a full refund. Well done to A1CS for their help and prompt action.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Pleased - And again, 11 Jan 2011
Just received this item and have to say I'm extremely impressed. Only one annoyance! I ordered a protective case to go with it - open the box and boom, there's one included free of charge - now I shall have to return the other!
As to the device, It's on the desk in front of me, touch screen is responsive, registering was easy, it comes with the access to the full googleapps store, is fast and responsive. Including its technical specifications vs it's price I can easily recommend this over an I-Pad. Have only just opened it, so can't rate it by lifespan, but unless I mention otherwise with an edit, it's working just fine :) Great delivery time too - Ordered on Saturday, arrived on Tuesday, lovely turnaround.
EDIT 12/April/2011- Recently I had issues with the power cable that came with the device, where the tablet would not charge or even boot proper.
However, A1CS replaced the cable immediately and free of charge. Really excellent service, even six or so months after purchase, and without to be honest, any standing warranty I could have held them to. - Fantastic service and highly recommended. - Will be recommending them to all my friends!

4.0 out of 5 stars A1CS Tablet, 1 Sep 2011
I bought an A1CS tablet for my daughter's 14th birthday and she is thrilled! The product arrived very quickly, was well packaged and with all expected in the box. The instructions appeared basic, but covered all important issues. Initial impressions were good, the tablet has a glossy, quality appearrance, looks well built and has a robust feel.

If you are expecting an iPad, you will be disappointed; the screen is not as sensitive, but perfectly acceptable and the range of Android Apps is nothing like the Apple range, but increasing daily. It's also probably a little on the slow side if you are a really demanding user, but it's very acceptable for most. One great plus is that it plays Flash video.

The power adapter lead became dodgy after a few weeks and a midnight email to the supplier prompted an immediate response promising a replacement sent in the next days post, which was duly delivered!!

My daughter loves it and uses it so much and the big plus for me is I have been able to reclaim my laptop from her room!

Great value, great service and a great product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good, 20 Oct 2012
The first tablet worked for about a month, then would not charge, but worked plugged in. Sent it in to be fixed, and after they said they had not received it even though it had been signed for, got another one a month later, which had a different set up all together. The touch screen is not very responsive, its slow, when it does work its not bad. I now have a Blackberry playbook and the difference is instantly noticeable, its in a different class altogether, I would suggest save your money. The second on has now gone to mechaniod heaven.