5.0 out of 5 stars DTV395 Win7 Review
Rather than use the enclosed driver I got Windows 7 to find the latest drivers. When installed Windows Media Centre promptly recognised the device and in a total of 20 minutes I had both tuners working.
We live in a good DTV reception area so even the enclosed aerial gave 122 available channels.
Good piece of kit.
Published on 6 Jan 2011 by R. Jefferson

3.0 out of 5 stars Works..................most of the time
This receiver works most of the time and then out of the blue it shuts down and crashes my laptop with a BSOD.
I delete and reinstall the drivers and it runs for a few days then wham, same thing. laptop has 6gb of RAM a 1.5Ghz HD graphics processor and a TB of storage so it should be able to cope with this easily.
When it works it's good, but when it don't, it...
Published 17 months ago by John H

5.0 out of 5 stars DTV395 Win7 Review, 6 Jan 2011
R. Jefferson (Carlisle, Cumbria. UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ClimaxDigital DTV395 USB 2.0 DUAL DVB-T TV Tuner/Receiver/Recorder Adapter/Dongle/Stick Freeview with Aerial, Remote Control for PC and Laptop (supports XP / Vista 32bit/64bit/Windows 7 32bit/64bit) (Electronics)
Good piece of kit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Good & Plays Nicely With Linux, 12 May 2012
Rachael Bond (United Kingdon) - See all my reviews
I was a bit wary about buying this since it seemed to be too cheap, but eventually decided to go ahead on the grounds that I could always return it. No need! It far outperforms the Hauppage USB DVB-T tuner it has replaced. (As yet) there has been no pixelation, except for occassionally when changing the channel (it lasts for <1 second). MCE immediately recognized it as a dual tuner card and set everything up very quickly - and there seems to be no performance issues with recording one channel while watching another. Dispatch was very prompt - the unit arrived 48 hours after ordering with the free p&p option. Highly recommended. If it received DVB-T2 HD stations as well, this would be incredible.

Edit: Technical Specs

Under the hood this stick is made by ITE Technologies (Integrated Technology Express Inc.) and has a USB ID of: 048d:9006.
I don't think this runs under Linux yet but, apparently, a native driver is slated for inclusion in kernel 3.3

Edit: Linux Installation

I've now had the chance to play with this on MythBuntu 12.04 with kernel 3.2 - and it works!! :)

1) Install the LinuxTV V4L-DVB drivers.
2) Download the driver file dvb-usb-it9135.zip from ITE at ite.com.tw

5) chmod +x dvb-usb-it9135-01.fw dvb-usb-it9135-02.fw
6) Sudo copy both files into /lib/firmware
7) Reboot

That's it!

LinuxTV seems to think the *-02.fw firmware is used. The stick I received definitely uses the *-01.fw firmware. There's no issue with popping both drivers into /lib/firmware though - doing this saves having to work out which chipset your stick has.

Update 24/08/12

I've had this stick running continuously on my HTPC for nearly four months now with absolutely no issues... so far, so good!

The Linux drivers for it are definitely included in Kernel 3.3+, although the firmware still needs to be obtained and extracted into /lib/firmware (as above).
Using my Mythbuntu set up (LTS 12.04, MythTV 0.25+fixes, kernel 3.5 rc9, Intel i3 processor and a 7200rpm HDD) the HTPC has no problem using this dongle to record up to 4 separate channels simultaneously (although, obviously, no more than two multiplexes can be received). All in all I'm still very happy with this purchase :)

5.0 out of 5 stars No problems for me., 9 Feb 2011
A very simple device to set up, allows my Windows 7 machine to record two Freeview channels at once. Picture quality is very good.

Over-all very satisfied.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing low CPU utilisation, 6 July 2011
For those of you like me who maintain a Windows Media Center, I 100% recommend this amazing little dongle.
I have used a few DVB-T tuners on my platforms in the past and this one is by far the best.
I run a Acer Revo 3610 and found that with existing tuners, I'd get higher CPU utilisation and with the ATOM that resulted in the occasional frame drop or picture corruption.
This ClimaxDigital dongle changed all that with wonderful and consent picture quality. I didn't think it possible to change the quality of an already encoded digital TV signal.
On the Revo, I got used to slow channel switching and lagging menus when returning from live TV.
All this lagging and slowness has gone with this new dongle.
I had previously blamed the ATOM for such a negative MCE experience but clearly it was more relating to the dongle and driver stack.
So buy this dongle from Climax Digital because it is amazing and was delivered in exceptional packaging within 2 days.
Happy TV!

- tonymac

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Gadget, 19 July 2011
M. Lockwood "zaphras" (Orston, UK) - See all my reviews
I currently have an old Hauppuage analogue TV adapter for my PC, but with the digital changeover in this area imminent, needed a replacement. I was a bit dubious about this one, since it is about one tenth the size (and a quarter the price) of my existing unit. However, the unit was very simple to set-up, Media Centre was able to find all the Freeview channels (through the rooftop antenna) with no problem and I was up and running within about 10 minutes. I spent the extra few pounds to get the view one thing, record another feature, just in case. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product............., 14 Sep 2011
Tested on
Dell Inspiron M5030-4512 320GB 2.3GHz 15.6

After a search around, this stuck out as the cheapest duel tuner so I gave it a go. Before I purchase any tech gear I always head to the site to see what the tech support and driver update etc situation was like, so I was bit concerned that this product and the later couple of similar products were not even mentioned on the site what so ever. I emailed and asked them why the lack of info, they wrote immediately and informed me that its due to the site not being up dated as yet but they assured me that the support was there. Ok I don't think that that is a very good excuse, somebody needs to put their marketing head on, people with less tech knowledge may well be put off altogether.
That aside so far very good duel tuner works well, recorded whilst watching etc, works great in WMC, drivers recognised straight away. Not sure about the software that comes with it, (ARC 3.5) as someone else stated it DOES NOT put the channels in order and teletext does not work, but the remote works, in WMC channels in order and teletext works but remote DOES NOT WORK, I guess you can sort the channels out in ARC 3.5 but I cant be bothered. I haven't tried the ariel, in my experience they never work.

So how hard could or would it have been to....
1. Make the remote WMC compatible
2. Put the channels in order on installation of ARC 3.5

If it were not for the above this would have got 5 stars
But with a fairly standard machine you get TV.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it claims, 10 Oct 2011
Brilliant. I plugged it into a USB port on my 64 bit Windows 7 desktop and connected an external aerial. It found drivers immediately on the system.

I then fired up Windows Media Center and went to Tasks/Settings/TV. It downloaded the Guide and tuned in the available freeview channels correctly.

Dual recording works perfectly and I am able to stream the recordings over my network to another PC running Windows Media Center.

I am so pleased with it, that I am going to buy another unit!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 15 July 2011
Brilliant, cheap, good quality picture.
Had no issues with win7 media centre, unlike other more expensive cards such as Hauppage and Terratec.

Now if only they would add Freeview HD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Working well in Ubuntu Linux 12.10, 10 Jan 2013
Martin Burgess (UK) - See all my reviews
Bought this dual DVB-T TV tuner after reading the excellent review by Rachael Bond.
I'm using Kaffeine in (L)ubuntu 12.10, linux kernel 3.5.
After installing the firmware files (see Rachael or google "linux tv dtv395 9006 it9135") the dongle was detected and identified correctly. A full auto-scan in Kaffeine found all the active channels, to get childrens' channels I had to re-tune in the day-time. The only pixelation I've seen is on changing channel and does not last long.
My laptop is not powerful (AMD E450) but I can record 4 channels while watching another and the processor copes easily.
As others have said the provided aerial is not up to much. I live about 10 miles from a major transmitter, unfortunately the signal strength is not quite high enough, I suspect a slightly bigger but still portable aerial would work and so may buy one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works..................most of the time, 16 July 2013
When it works it's good, but when it don't, it almost ends up in the bin.