5.0 out of 5 stars Valentines Gift
Published on 12 Mar 2011 by WolfmanRocker

3.0 out of 5 stars Surprising
I wanted a mouse to replace my Cyborg V3, more specifically i wanted one that had at least 3 programmable thumb buttons. The Naga has 12 which is what swung it for me. It is a little difficult to get used to the amount of thumb buttons but once you do they're really handy to have. The mouse i light and comfortable and i don't get a sweaty hand from using this compared to...
Published 11 months ago by Ash

5.0 out of 5 stars Valentines Gift, 12 Mar 2011
This review is from: Razer Naga MMO Molten Special Addition 5600DPI Gaming Mouse (Video Game)
I own the original Razer Naga and absolutely loved it, my girlfriend played on my PC a fair few times and commented on how different the gaming experiance was with such a mouse, as such, I thought as she was getting into online RPG ALOT more that i'd give her the molten edition of my mouse, looks nicer but basically the same mouse, as far as I can tell, she loves the mouse, she was a tad overwhelmed to begin with, all the new functions/interface.

But now shes doing just fine, it didnt take either of us long to learn to use the mouse like any other extension of hardware peripheral.
I would really recommend in investing in a mouse mat that matches the grade of quality, I for example have the Razer Megasoma Gaming Surface
Ive found uses for the Naga over every game type I currently play, within FPS it allows you (in conjunction with a gaming pad to disregard the keyboard and allow for a new streamlined experiance, with strategy games it allows multiple commands to be issued at once also allowing you to manage less shortcuts with your left hand (on the keyboard)
I play alot of Eve Online and have found this mouse a fantastic asset, to reaching over to press certain buttons, and allowing to target hostiles with one button one click is a nice customized feature.

The amount of customization involved with the Naga is very very impressive, I intend to purchase the Razer RZ01-00510100-R3G1 Naga MMO Epic Wireless 5600DPI Gaming Mouse within a month or so, being a Razer fan its difficult not to.

The Naga isnt without its drawbacks though, it stacks up ALOT of dust, and grit/dirt will build up between the numberpad buttons, Ive also found that after a year the RMB and LMB become less responsive, Ive found this is due to dust getting into the actual buttons, its a simple enough procedure to take the mouse appart, and nothing really "falls off" when doing so, as such the fix was simple and easy (there are guides with the correct google search about)

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but certainly watch the Price, 25 Mar 2011
Having used several wireless and wired mice over the years I really have to recommend the Razer Naga to anyone I meet now. It's certainly been added to my list of 'Essential' Items that any good gaming orientated set-up needs.

Overall the mouse is well built, the cable length is solid and the cording is tough and durable, it has a smooth sliding action (I recommend buying a Razer Mat to go with it btw) and the response of button click is noticeable but subtle at the same time. My only criticisms regarding the design of the mouse are:

1) The overall size of the handset is a little on the small side; in a way this is quite a feat of engineering since 17 buttons are on such a small handset, however there is certainly a want for a chunkier and heavier feel to the device as a whole.

2)The 4th and 5th Buttons are located in quite an awkward position in relation to the rest of the device, meaning you generally can't left click and use these buttons simultaneously. Again not a major loss, but to advertise 17 buttons and then find only 15 can be used comfortably is a bit of a let down.

Moving on to features: The included software is a must install, it's simple to use and you can really customize the device to how you want it. As an FPS / MMO fan I play with very very high sensitivity, and with the Naga you can tweak sensitivity to blinding settings, I'd certainly say that many will find the maximum settings hard to cope with but again, on things like this, customization is key.

Next I really recommend you switch the device to Numpad mode - simply because until you realize the power unlocking 12 additional keybinds has in any game and general day to day use. Using different profiles allows you to macro and shortcut everything and it's only when the convenience is had and taken away that you really realize how great this gem of gaming accessories is.

Overall this is Certainly a 4 or 4 1/2 star device, sadly though I can't give it a 5 / 5. Why? Well first the glow effect is really wasted, afterall, unless you have a transparent hand, you won't see the effect whilst you game. Second, when I bought this mouse it was £80 and £20 more expensive than its blue counter-part. However in the space of a few weeks its now perhaps £0.10 different: Obviously this isn't the fault of Razer or Amazon, but the fact that the device is essentially the same with different LED's in would mean I'd advise caution buying this on a whim if you don't urgently need it. Instead keep a track of it and watch to see how the price drops as its Wireless Counterpart gains in popularity.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Professional Mouse!, 26 Jan 2013
I had originally owned a Gigabyte gaming mouse which had cost me £15 when I first purchased it, and after much annoyance when playing MMO games in particular, I decided to invest in a much more professional mouse for my setup. The Razer Naga is by far the most popular MMO mouse available right now, and coming from Razer, you're likely to be pleased with what you buy.

The mouse itself is packaged very nicely and almost has an Apple feel to it, where the unboxing is just as exciting as the product itself! The box contains all the normal additions you would expect, including stickers too, and no installation disc as you will need to download the Synapse program from Razer's website to get the mouse up and running. The mouse was very a pleasant surprise when I first opened it, and looks of really high quality when you first see it, which is not portrayed as well in photos/videos of the product. The top layer of the mouse is a matte finish that is slightly rubberised, and the molten lighting looks incredible! The sides of it then have a black gloss finish, and combined with the matte finish on top, it looks very stylish.

In terms of usability the mouse has been great so far and just as you'd expect. The side buttons feel strange at first, but after a few hours of playing games you will become very accustomed to the layout and they work really well (I play Guild Wars 2 a lot and casting spells is very easy with the simple touch of a button without having to move your hand). The side buttons are also fully customisable in Razer's Synapse program and in-game, and many macros and profiles can be made for your mouse. The 'click' of the mice's main buttons are fairly quiet too, which makes for a calm gaming experience and not such an annoyance when playing at night. The red lighting is also very bright on the mouse, showing up clearly in broad daylight as I'm writing this review now.

Cons:
I don't really have many negative things to say about this mouse, but there are two aspects that I have noticed so far that aren't entirely adequate. The mouse is quite narrow compared to my old one, and being someone with very small hands, even my pinky finger doesn't quite fit the curved finger support on the right hand side of the mouse. I find my pinky is in contact with my mouse mat a lot, and this isn't entirely comfortable for me after using my old mouse for so long, and playing for hours at a time. Also, the two additional buttons located adjacent to the left mouse click are quite hard to access with your finger, and I find myself not using them at all because it's so awkward to use. You have to change the whole angle of your hand and take your hand off the normal mouse grip just to click them, which is bad when playing fast paced games.

The price of the product is also quite steep. I paid £65 when I bought this and considering the mouse has been out for a few years now, it still seems a bit of a high price and hasn't gone down at all. However, you do get a really high quality mouse and it definitely doesn't feel cheap.

Overall I'd give it a 9/10, but Amazon only uses 5 stars :)
Definitely worth the purchase if you're a keen MMO player and want a professional mouse, and I can also use it fine with other non-MMO games too!

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, 30 May 2012
pros
-light and small and nice to feel under the hand while in control
-5600dpi (adjustable)
-nice adjustable settings, easy to use drivers, sweet firmware upgrade bonuses for wow and warhammer players
-super awesome color, pulse light on the logo, ability to turn the logo or the button+scroll lights on and off
-a total of 17 buttons ready to be combined with any command you want, optimized for sweet RPGing experiences
-compatible with razer synapse 2.0
-very well built and promising to last for a very long time

cons
-no interchangeable side panels
-wired
-a bit overpriced even after so much time after release

recommended for RPG and MMORPG players, a very good choice with great performance and nice looks

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Razer RAZER FTW, 9 May 2011
This is the best gaming mouse I have ever had it's nice and accurate doesn't slip too much It's grip is good and a very nice mouse
Razer made by gamers for gamers FTW!!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic product, but its goes wrong ...., 18 Nov 2013
This is an amazing mouse especially for complex gaming action and also multiple function applications such as professional animation apps. It does the biz, no issue.
But ...
We've had two and now on our third. The first failed after about 11 months regular usage, an earlier failure was the decorative lamps and some minor functionality, software reload may have fixed that. Then it stopped working totally.
The second failed after 20days: it didn't move the pointer, although all other functions were normal.
My son uses this device and now hopes his third one will live up to the promotional life expectancy of an expensive mouse.
As his Dad, I want a message sent to the manufacturers: please improve your Quality Control at the various manufacturing stages, and run some tests to failure so that you identify faults before the user does.
Two failures from two identical products within a year (so far) is an appalling record.
Fix it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very satisfied with mouse, 15 Oct 2012
I really like this mouse due to it being a BIG upgrade from my old one, The buttons at the side are really not hard at all to get use to, the only buttons that I tend to miss click or completely miss is the 2 at the left clicking side, but I tend to avoid them, the sensor of the mouse is very good and smooth too,i really like the way you can choose the sensitivity of it too, also a feature I enjoy is the way your hand fits perfectly on the mouse, I very well recommend this too mcmmo gamers especially world of warcraft, I can easily say it has improved my gaming experience, overall great product! Also I have had this for a month or two and everything is still working well!

5.0 out of 5 stars Razer Naga Molten, 31 July 2011
I've had the Naga for about 6 months. And I have enjoyed my time with it. It has taken me through WoW(World of Warcraft)and quite a few other MMO titles, I also enjoy using in it in shooters like Dead Space, Medal of Honour, Battlefield etc. it has a high DPI so it doesn't require much space, it is very pretty and the extra buttons are easy to use. Over all it is a great mouse and if you can afford it, I would HIGHLY recommend. 4.5stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars Razer Naga Molten worth every penny!, 1 Mar 2011
I purchased this mouse last month and i love it. Great quality,looks amazing, very very comfortable and the buttons are surprisingly useful and easy to memorise after only a few hours of use. A must buy for any MMO gamer like me, great for wow especially. 5 STARS and a big thumbs up from me! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 22 Mar 2011
I bought this for my husband who plays a lot of WoW, especially raiding. I asked him what he wanted to say in his review and he said "its amazing". It was easy to set up and use, plus some of the keys on the side have raised parts so you can tell which one you are pressing. Only bad thing he said is that it is quite small for a gaming mouse, however, unless you have exceptionally large hands this shouldnt be a problem

Razer Naga MMO Molten Special Addition 5600DPI Gaming Mouse