Format: DVD|Change

on 24 May 2007
You've got to watch Family Guy!!!!!!!

If you like The Simpsons but are ready for the next step, you'll love Family Guy. Plenty of the storylines are cribbed straight from The Simpsons, but you'll forgive them that because they make them their own, primarily through the unbridled use of adult humour and ability to indulge in all the taboo subjects (you name them, incest, paedophilia, bondage, drug addiction, masturbation, murder, attempted murder (including an ex-Beatle, etc).

Family Guy also has re-invented the use of the flash-back, which I must admit is pretty much the whole basis of its humour.

If you are a guy, and are crass, then you'll lap this up. Without a doubt.
on 5 December 2015
Great bargain! All first five seasons for under £20. Watch the Griffins as they develop from from a pretty above average family comedy to a hilariously brilliant unique masterpiece. The family first seen in episode one of Season One is barely recognisable by the last episode of Season Five. And this is a good thing. The production team developed characters strengths alongside offering a powerful and varied brand of humour catering to a wide spectrum of viewers. Seth Macfarlane and his team are little short of geniuses. Offering Slapstick humour, political observations and plenty of humorous pop culture references alongside lots more. There really is something for everyone in this boxset and considering the sheer volume of episodes contained in the set and the low low price, there really isn't any excuse not to purchase this item!
on 16 September 2014
The DVD set is really nice and audio/video quality as good as possible. Very happy with that and bonuses as well.
The reason why I gave 3 stars is the damn order of UK episodes compare to ORIGINAL American ones. Why the hell did BBC do that? I thought I'm gonna have S01-S05 nicely altogether and instead I have got US S01-04 and some episodes may be missing or censored. Will probably sell it to someone and order from the USA. Other than that there's no problem and if you don't mind (as a UK TV viewer used to mixed up episodes you probably don't), go for it. It's the best cartoon series ever!
on 30 June 2015
Family Guy is a very funny cartoon made by Seth McFarlane. This boxset contains seasons 1-5 which are the best seasons of the show. Highlights of the first 5 series include baby Stewie fighting his unborn baby brother, Family dog Brian becoming a Cocaine addict and crazy father Peter being declared as mentally challenged. Definitely pick this set up.
on 7 February 2015
Whilst building box sets of classic childhood shows and movies I realised I didn't have Family Guy!! Yes that is unforgivable, so I had to redeem myself and get this boxset. Loved all the bonus material and the shows are so so good. Don't be like me and leave it to the last moments. Buy the boxset now.
on 21 June 2015
As a recent converts to Family Guy we thought we'd play catch up,so we purchased this box set & watched them all within a couple of weeks!Apart from being good value its also VERY funny.It may be an acquired taste but it's a taste we've now definitely acquired!
on 8 February 2014
Proper old school filth from Seth McF..... Will he do a George Lucas and give us a prequel? Bought this with season 6-10 s it worked out cheaper than the season 1-10 box set (and some people complained that the 1-10 box set missed some episodes).
on 1 November 2013
I would recommend this to anybody.
It's a fantastic season and this item was a Christmas gift to a family member.
They loved the gift.
It came on time and in very good condition.
Can't fault it.
on 17 July 2007
This is a great show however, this box set isn't value for money. You'd be much better off purchasing Seasons 1-5 separately (save you about £25)

Price When Review Was Written: £84.98
on 10 May 2014
Was looking for this as a gift and this was the best price I could find very reasonable. My son loved this box set as he had recently found the series on tv but could not wait for more
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse