5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Invention!!!
Published on 3 Feb 2011 by Joanna K. Brauckmann

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing like breastfeeding
Published on 2 May 2012 by Tindra

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing like breastfeeding, 2 May 2012
This review is from: Medela Calma with 150 ml Bottle (Baby Product)
We bought this for our combined fed son, aged 5 weeks. He is now 10 weeks and has started refusing the breast as the flow of milk is so much faster with the Calma bottle. We spent a fortune on these bottles, and have been using only these, and now wish we'd gone with something else. The flow of milk makes him choke at least once during each feeding, and he will easily down 150 ml/5oz of milk in 5 minutes. That is too fast, and no wonder he is now refusing the breast.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Invention!!!, 3 Feb 2011
This review is from: Medela Calma with 150 ml Bottle (Baby Product)
Our son was born 4.5 weeks prematurely and spent 2 weeks in the NICU. I wanted to breast feed him, but was having a difficult time recovering from the C-section, so he was immediately given formula fed formula by bottle and I nursed him whenever I was there. He wasn't a strong drinker because his jaw was immature and when we got him home, we quickly became frustrated trying to get him to nurse. He happily waited for the bottle where the formula just flowed into his mouth. Our midwife recommended the Calma nipple to remedy the situation. She told us it was new and that she'd seen it at a conference recently. Although it was more expensive than all the other bottle sets we'd seen, we bought 2 and have never looked back. Due to the thin membrane in the Calma, he has to work for his milk just like he has to when he is nursing. We went from giving him formula 9 times a day to twice a day and the rest of the time he nurses. Since he always had a great latch, I credit the Calma nipple for improving our situation. He goes back and forth between the two with ease and his daddy can bottle feed him at any time without a struggle. Although Medela recommends that breast feeding already be established before using this nipple, it helped us to establish breast feeding. I highly recommend this product!!

2.0 out of 5 stars does not do what it s supposed to do, 20 May 2014
This review is from: Medela Calma with 150 ml Bottle (Baby Product)
Supposed to be the best on the market but not very good at all. Baby takes in the milk too quick and risk of choking . Changes bottols to Dr brownn and much better.

4.0 out of 5 stars A reasonable substitute for the nipple, 15 Jan 2014
Wayne Redhart "@wayneredhart on Twitter!" (West Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
According to the makers, this is the closest substitute available to the human nipple. We don't currently have any little nippers in the Redhart household (the home office went and confiscated the African baby that we had recently acquired- after it transpired that the agency from which we procured her was neither technically licensed to issue international adoptions, nor even to have been running a stall at the Church car boot sale in the first place). However, as something of a breast fanatic, I thought I might as well try it myself. You see, I have always had trouble achieving climax unless I have a nipple stuffed inside my mouth. I'm not sure exactly why it should be this way. Freudian psychologists would no doubt try to attribute it to some kind of tenuous mother issues that arose during childhood, but their sort can find implausible connections in anything. Besides, I'm sure I'm not the only one among us who was breastfed daily until the age of seven (after which I was weaned on to formula milk). I certainly wasn't the only one at our school in Somerset!

Anyway, maintaining this little sexual peccadillo was perfectly feasible in my younger days, but I'm afraid that my flexibility during intercourse isn't what it used to be. Neither is the uplift of my wife's bosoms (which isn't something that you get to put into quite such a positive context all too often) but that's still not enough to fully cover the distance to my mouth, when I'm taking her from behind. To be honest, on a really good day there's not actually all that much left in it, but there's little sense in straining myself in order to try to cover the slight shortfall. Obviously I've tried straining my wife instead, but there genuinely is absolutely no more slack left to play with, by that point- even when I tug at 'em with all the strength I can physically muster.

So, I've been trying this out for a few weeks and it definitely helps with revving my engine up. It's by no means a perfect simulation of the human nipple, but it does often do enough to push my arousal levels past the point of no return. However, in the end I took out a small bank loan for one of these, which offers a much better sense of visual stimulation. Better, that is, than both the bottle and my wife's ancient physique. Unlike the bottle, it also comes with the bonus of a number of orifices that are tailor-made to be penetrated. Sure, it's not cheap. However, if you're trying to decide between the two and have a few quid floating about, that would be my primary recommendation for suckling upon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic bottle - would recommend, 13 July 2013
Flyboy (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am mainly breast feeding but like to have the option of giving my daughter expressed milk every now and then so my husband can take on a feed or we can go out without our daughter. The bottle's teat mimics a real nipple and provides milk much like a real breast, this has meant we have had no problems with nipple confusion, my daughter appears to seamlessly move from breast to bottle with only the slightest of hesitations. The size of the bottle is just fine for now, it provides exactly the amount that my daughter needs. Both bottle and teat are easy to wash and have caps to keep them clean until they need to be sterilised. I am sure this bottle is not for everyone but I cannot fault it, I'd certainly recommend it to my friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product!, 4 April 2011
This review is from: Medela Calma with 150 ml Bottle (Baby Product)
My son took to it right away and it has really helped him say on the breast longer. He now goes from breast to bottle with no fuss. Highly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Winner., 30 Aug 2013
This review is from: Medela Calma with 150 ml Bottle (Baby Product)
We have been combination feeding, breast and expressed milk, for the last couple of weeks and the medela calma has worked wonders. She goes between the bottle and the breast without too much drama. Just a note on the teat that a few mention (in negative reviews) is too long. It is designed to mimic the nipple when it is latched upon. With a correct latch the tip of the nipple should be sucked long, right to the back of the little ones mouth (top of the throat) hence the shape of the teat. My dinky little miss (yet to reach 8 lbs!) initially gagged and rejected the teat when I put it all the way in, but when I placed just the tip in and let her draw it in herself (as if to latch) she merrily sucked away. I have even breastfed immediately after giving her a bottle (when she has wanted a little suckle for comfort) and we've had no trouble with confusion. Expensive as always, but as always medela's high quality and standard

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect bottle!, 26 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It's the perfect all rounded bottle, less mess than the other bottle I've used. It has a handy graduation scale on the bottle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Medela - the best breast feeding bottle and expressing range, 18 Jun 2014
Pompom (Devon) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Medela products for use with expressed breast milk are the best that I have come across. Easy for baby to feed from, easy to clean and easy to use with other items in the medela range. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bottle, 16 Jun 2014
Sian Louise (UNITED KINGDOM) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this for my friend who has been having trouble with bottles and her daughter.
She found this to be excellent and it was brilliant with helping the transition from breastfeeding to bottle feeding. In fact she liked this so much she ordered a couple more of these.

Medela Calma with 150 ml Bottle