5.0 out of 5 stars there's life in the old dog yet
Well i'll keep it short but basically this game thus far for me is awesome. Its pretty much sticking to the old formula of 'If its not broken, don't fix it'
and so it's pretty much what you would expect from a Pokémon game.
Published on 12 Mar 2011 by John

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but worst so far
The game is all about reshiram & zekrom, badass pokemon who would grace any gen. Everything else just seems like an afterthought, "design a few legendaries and fill in the gaps around them" kinda thing. I could count on one hand, the pokemon that I "wowed" at.
Published 2 months ago by Richard C.

5.0 out of 5 stars there's life in the old dog yet, 12 Mar 2011
This review is from: Pokémon White Version (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
and so it's pretty much what you would expect from a Pokémon game.
I'm only about 2 hours in and already i'm having alot of fun with this game. The Pokémon names though are friking awful but with over 500 + Pokémon you can't really blame them lol. A nice addition is everything so far appears to be rendered in 3D even the inside of peoples houses and what not which is great, the battles have stepped up with some very nice animation on the Pokémon themselves but i'm still waiting on a Pokémon Stadium type battle system in full 3D. Overall fun game, seems easier to level Pokémon early on and just having a blast with it atm. I would say go and get it quick.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 17 Mar 2011
J. Barnes (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pokémon White Version (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
Having played all the previous pokemon games from red and blue all the way to heart gold and soul silver you could call me a big fan of the games. When diamond, pearl and platinum were released it felt like Nintendo were starting to run out of ideas. Then with Gold and Silver being remade they had some good ideas but again, nothing but remakes. I can honestly say i think black and white breath new life into the franchise, the changes in the games are fantastic and the 3D like aspect is pretty well done. Anyone that's thinking of giving them a try to re-live some of your more geeky/childish days i doubt you would be dissapointed with these games.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's amazing, 9 Mar 2011
This review is from: Pokémon White Version (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
OMG (oh my god) this game is simply amazing everything about the game feels new even the fact you no longer have to do all these daft things just to get a starter pokemon is cool the graphics look amazing i'm in love with the battle system which does take some getting used to but it's worth it

Pokémon White Version (Nintendo DS)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very refreshing!, 4 Mar 2011
This review is from: Pokémon White Version (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
I have played the Pokemon games since the Yellow version came out. I have only played it for a bit so far (first gym badge) and for me this game is very refreshing and feels like the first time I've played a Pokemon game again, with 150 brand new Pokemon and no sight of the old ones until you complete the game its great!

Some ways in which the game starts is different to the previous ones too so it feels new. I got bored playing Pokemon Ruby and Pokemon Diamond so I wasn't too excited about this game thinking that the Pokemon games are the same old thing. But Pokemon Black and White is brilliant and I am addicted to playing it like I was with Yellow and Silver!

5.0 out of 5 stars My little brother, 7 Mar 2011
This review is from: Pokémon White Version (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
Months before this game came out me and my brother were looking forward and looking into this game, almost as soon as we knew it was coming he knew he wanted it, so when his birthday came around last month i decided to get it for him.

The look on his face after playing this game was so great, he loves it so much and i would recomend anyone to buy it for either themselves or others, he is thirteen and im sixteen and we both love it and it just go's to show that this game is one in a timeless set of games and has followed traditions and well loved memories.

Definately a recomended game from me

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 6 Mar 2011
Toni Harness "Raven Reader" (Coventry, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pokémon White Version (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
I have played the pokemon games for over 10 years now and have to commend Nintendo for managing to keep it fresh each time. I didn't think they would be able to beat Heartgold/Soul Silver but they continue to up the ante! The names of some of the new pokemon are slightly ridiculous in places however the graphics manage to overcome this. The game starts the same, making it accessible for anyone new to Pokemon games, but continues down a new path making it exciting for anyone still addicted to these fantastic games. I've been playing for over 17 hours now and haven't found myself bored at all yet. I would recommend to anyone who likes a good game to get their teeth into and frankly challenge any child or adult not to find this game a fine purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fantastic., 5 Mar 2011
Nadia (Peterborough) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pokémon White Version (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
I am a hardcore Pokemon fan, have played literally every game from the start, through to the Gamecube and Wii. Didn't think it was possible to better Heart Gold/Soul Silver. I was wrong. Everything about this game is fantastic, the graphics are amazing for DS [3D at times], the storyline is similar to that of other games, but is also very different. The new Pokemon are very cool also, some crazy names but still excellent choices for your party. All in all, if you are a big Pokemon fan, I would recommend this game to you at the highest level of persuasion. Nintendo have outdone themself once again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 4 Mar 2011
This review is from: Pokémon White Version (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
Honestly i have been playing pokemon since it's old black and white days and i have seen progress but this is the best yet. Okay i shall admit that the pokemon names are a little bit laughable but hey it's got to appeal to kids as well! so far i am only up to the fifth gym but i am finding that while the story line remains similar to the older versions there are some dramatic changes the wifi world would be great! (only i can't connect my DS to Wifi at the moment) i feel that to play the game at its fullest you need the wifi but its a fresh take on an old game...

10/10 in my book!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but worst so far, 2 Oct 2014
This review is from: Pokémon White Version (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
In battle graphics are awful to be honset and game lacks longevity due to the lack of likeable pokemon.
I played over 200hours on my soul silver before I sold it years ago... I've had White a few days and I'm not in any hurry to pick it up again.
Pokemon games always follow a pattern but when u come across a Patrat, it's not exactly Rattata is it. You get Woobat instead of Zubat. Roggenrola is your Geodude and so on. The whole game had me thinking how good older gens were. And to top it, Nintendo have discontinued the wifi so the global trade station won't work. Can't go wrong at Ł12 but I'll be buying X or Y very soon, to get over this disappointment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Daughter looooooooves this game, 2 Jun 2011
J.L (Worcestershire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pokémon White Version (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
kept 13 yr old quiet for hours.
Everyone is talking bout pokemon black & white at school apparently and she saved up for this game.
Worth every penny as she is loving it

Pokémon White Version (Nintendo DS)
Pokémon White Version (Nintendo DS) by Nintendo (Nintendo DS)
Ł10.36