on 24 January 2011
Having not been able to get antinatal classes in my area, I opted to order this DVD in the hope that it might give me a bit of an insight into what to expect on 'the big day'. I was not disappointed. Although the item arrived late from the vendor (I was given a 50% refund on postage charges), once I sat down to watch the DVD I found it hugely informative. I had a number of concerns regarding labour and birth, which my own midwife had not been very reassuring about. All of those concerns were raised on this DVD and my fears have been lifted. Caroline Flint doesn't beat around the bush when it comes to how informative she is. She goes into detail about positions in labour and explains how different positions have an effect on the pelvic bones, which in turn will effect how difficult birth might be. She details when to go to hospital, how you might know you're actually in labour, the effects of different pain relief and how to help yourself with pain relief. I found this DVD much more helpful than anything my midwife has told me. If, like me, your midwife has hardly given you any information and has assumed you will do everything for yourself - you need this DVD!

Although I haven't gone through the whole of the second DVD, it looks very promising too. Biggest advantage is, unlike with antinatal classes, you can go over specific bits of the DVD as many times as you like.

I would recommend to anyone looking for antinatal advice.
on 3 July 2013
As a British expat, pregnant in France, with little to no French, this DVD was a massive support. My husband and I both watched it, and although the other participants in the group sessions wore a little thin, the lovely, lead midwife was such a comfort! She obviously has endless experience as a midwife and offered some really fantastic, from-the-heart advice. I only wished she could have flown out to France to deliver my baby!

This DVD really took me from my initial stages of fear and panic to a well-informed, calm and excited first time mother-to-be! Highly recommended!
on 28 October 2012
What a great DVD. We aren't going to any classes but with this DVD it genuinely feels like you're part of a class.

Even the very very very very annoying woman (pupil) who seems to like the sound of her own voice far too much doesn't ruin the DVD. You'll know who I mean when you watch it.

The midwife is fantastic, no nonsense, funny, what the NHS needs.

FIVE STARS.

P.S-I can't stress how annoying that pupil is. But buy the DVD, it's great.
on 17 December 2012
My husband and I found this antenatal DVD to be absolutely excellent. We thoroughly enjoyed watching it together and found it extremely informative. We feel so much more prepared now about what to expect in labour and how to help it go as smoothly as possible. We also feel that it prepared us for beyond birth- what to expect when our little one arrives. This DVD not only provided us with lots of information but we also felt that it helped both of us to bond both with each other and our unborn child. The format of the DVD (i.e. classes) was useful as you could listen to other people's opinions and we felt like part of the group even though it was on DVD! The midwife, Caroline, who leads the groups is excellent- extremely sensitive. When Karen, one of the class members described her traumatic birth at the end of the DVD, I cried and cried for her... hormones!!.... but it was so useful hearing the reality of how some births can go.
If you buy this DVD, I would say that you don't really need to go to NCT classes (unless you want the social aspect). Well worth the buy.
on 2 November 2013
Attended some antenatal classes but we didn't feel that they covered everything. Brought this DVD and felt so much better, myself and my partner. The midwife is very knowledgeable having 30 years midwifery experience. After watching this DVD I felt at peace with the birth. This is a must have DVD, especially if its your first baby.
on 23 August 2013
My husband and I have unfortunately have had no time to attend antenatel classes but did not want to go into anything blind. I purchased this dvd as firstly, it was the only actual antenatel dvd I could find anywhere on a internet search and secondly the reviews were all positive. At first I thought it was a little expensive but it was completely worth it.
We watched 2 hours an evening for 4 days, as if you were going to classes and even my husband said ' that wasn't as boring as I thought it would be' lol. I had already done my birthing plan but ended up adapting it quite a lot after watching this and even adding things I didn't know.
I would highly recommend this dvd if you can't get to classes it is brilliant and I am very happy I got it as I now feel prepared for labour and beyond.
on 31 July 2014
Excellent DVD. Caroline is fantastic. You feel like part of the class. I felt like slapping the annoying woman (pupil) every time she opened her mouth but I guess every class has one. You'll know who I mean when you watch it and end up just laughing at her.
on 28 January 2013
Bought this as I was being antisocial and didn't want to sit huffing and puffing in a circle holding hands. The lady is very funny and me and my husband watched it together, really good because you can do it bit by bit
on 25 April 2011
My partner and I brought this as we had no local antenatal classes. Really good DVD answers lots of those little and big questions, we had about pregnacy and birth. Excellent product highly recommended.
on 23 October 2014
Found this dvd really helpful. It was like attending a class without getting off the sofa. Ideal for anyone who is unable to attend classes or simply rather do it in the comfort of their own home.