5.0 out of 5 stars Elvis Psychabilly
Published on 25 Sep 2008 by Mr. N. Thompson

1.0 out of 5 stars Elvis Vs Spankox - does it work?
Published on 5 Oct 2008 by Nicholas Blackman

5.0 out of 5 stars Elvis Psychabilly, 25 Sep 2008
I am very much aware that this album and the single from it have received some scathing reviews by respected fans in the Elvis world, Gordon Minto for one. However I found this cd totally refreshing and the Presley vocals are very much upfront. These are all 1950's tracks and a good few Sun standards from '54-'55 into the bargain. I loved the pyschabilly feel of "Blue Moon of Kentucky" and "Just Because" too. The latter was probably the weakest recording in the Sun catalogue but here it sounds great. I think fans will probably either love or hate this one. However with little "new" Elvis product likely ever again this is certainly the next best.I hope we get more of this too. I am sure that in time (maybe not in my lifetime) computer wizardry and holophonic sound will "bend" the Presley vocals so that we will one day hear him singing "She loves you, yeah yeah yeah" inter alia. Finally am I mistaken or do I hear some primeval Rebel yells on some of these tracks. Wonderful stuff, like the originals themselves

5.0 out of 5 stars Elvis Spankox, 13 April 2009
Bought this CD for my husband, who is the world's no.1 Elvis fan, and was a bit doubtful that he'd like it, but as he's already got virtually every Elvis CD ever made thought he might like something a bit different and that's what it is really "something different". Bit hard to describe it but after playing it a couple of times we decided we loved it. It's rather "crash bang wallop" music but on the whole we decided it compliments Elvis's voice and doesn't detract from it, although some of the backing is a bit too loud maybe - but on the whole we really like it, in fact the only one we weren't struck on was the first track, Baby let's play house, the others, especially Jailhouse Rock and Blue Moon of Kentucky and You're a Heartbreaker we thought were brilliant. So on the whole, whilst some Elvis fans might be a bit unsure, we, as diehard fans give this CD the thumbs up for something a bit different but enjoyable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funky Elvis, 1 Mar 2013
I love this CD, I am going through an Elvis phase and this is an excellent cd to listen to as it is groovy and I think if young Elvis had have been around today, this is what the music would have sounded like. Play it at a party and you'll look cool! A good mixture of songs, some 'rocky' and some R&B'y. Waiting for the next Spankox release ...

4.0 out of 5 stars An update on Elvis' lagacy with different sound..., 17 Feb 2010
Can Balkan (istanbul Turkey) - See all my reviews
I don't say that it's the best but if you are a club guy and you want to sahre Elvis with new generation, this is a good product. Enjoyable; I suggest.

5.0 out of 5 stars Elvis -Spankox Re:Versions - Excellent Tribute, 17 Sep 2008
F. B. Quinn (Caddington, Bedfordshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This remix Album of some of Elvis' classics is truly uplifting. The standout track, of course, is 'Baby Let's Play House'which topped the charts in Italy for 7 straight weeks and reached No.2 in Spain.

This album remains true to Elvis' vocals and does not overpower them. Certainly innovative and refreshing to hear these tracks presented in this way and the younger set will love it also.

Should prove a winner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Elvis-re-versions, 26 Nov 2013
This review is from: Re:Versions (Deluxe Limited Edition) (Audio CD)
Fantastic. I'm a big fan and I didn't think I would like it, but I was pleasantly surprised. Some of the songs are obviously very dated now but these have been brought back to life. Can't believe how good it is :-)

4.0 out of 5 stars elvis, 28 Nov 2013
This is a good cd but not has good has the elvis re born cd,for elvis fans its good for there collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Elvis-re-versions, 26 Nov 2013
This review is from: Re:Versions (Deluxe Limited Edition) (Audio CD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Elvis for today, 23 Nov 2013
Loved this cd, mixing the Kings voice and delivering a great foot tapping beat to delight any Elvis fan.. I highly recommend this to any fan of the King.

1.0 out of 5 stars Elvis Vs Spankox - does it work?, 5 Oct 2008
Nicholas Blackman (Norfolk-England) - See all my reviews
I am pleased that some reviewers enjoyed this "album" but I have to say I did not! I am a huge Elvis fan and I loved the remixes of A Little Less Conversation and Rubberneckin' but all remixes on here are just too intrusive. The stuff that's been added on doesn't enhance the music at all, only serving to irritate me incredibly to the point where I have to turn it off and listen to the originals!! I am all for GOOD remixes but this is NOT a good remix album. It sounds to me like they've let Jive Bunny loose with early Elvis material and it just doesn't work! It might have worked if it had been done more subtly or more modern sounding songs had been choosen like Viva Las Vegas or Suspicious Minds, however when this project was started the Elvis Estate did not endorse or support it (although they do now) and Spankox was only able to work with material that was out of copyright.
Top marks for trying but for me it's virtually unlistenable!

Re:Versions (Deluxe Limited Edition)
Re:Versions (Deluxe Limited Edition) by Elvis Presley (Audio CD)