5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 29 Feb 2012
This review is from: DANNY 2.2 - Eilean Mhor (The DANNY Quadrilogy) (Kindle Edition)
Danny 2.2 Eilean Mhor, the third part of the Danny Quadrilogy, is my favorite installment so far. There's finally a bit of peace and happiness for Danny on this small island in Scotland. Unfortunately it comes so early in the novel that you fear it cannot be the happy ending you craved. And indeed, new characters intrude, igniting Danny's spectacular needs with their desires. Again we find ourselves spun round and round on the merry carousel of betrayal, mistrust, jealousy, violence and dark passion.

Harry Greaves forces Danny's return home to the farm, adding to his troubles. Greaves becomes more obsessed and repulsive at every turn, eventually hunting Danny down in London, where their conflict escalades.

A difficult novel to talk about without giving too much away, this installment proves how carefully the whole series is plotted, as baffling events and dialogue from the first Danny novel finally make perfect sense. This is the book where I began to develop my own theories on Danny and his behaviors and motivations, as pieces of his past and present suddenly fit together to provide a larger picture. Danny 2.2 ends once in such a way that you itch to get your hands and the next one. My advice: indulge!

5.0 out of 5 stars Caravan of Love., 9 Dec 2010
J. Rhodes "jr01142" (Sheffield) - See all my reviews
Third in the instalment and three times as good. Book 2.2 surpassed all my expectations, back together again, and more importantly He's back, capital letter because he is a God. Better than I could have imagined, and I imagined it a lot.

What I love about 2.2 is it's what I've wanted for every pair of great doomed lovers, locked in a room together, and this one doesn't stop at the bedroom door, sexy as all hell. Imagine Kathy and Heathcliff, at The Heights, no one in their way and you get to read Heathcliff eat her alive. Jane Eyre and Rochester, saying `screw the wife, we've got the run of the castle'. Fantastic.

The twists and turns don't let you down, loads of things revealed and answers I'd never even considered. The plot moves along so intriguingly I couldn't have read it faster, if I could melt it down and inject it into my vanes I would. Jesus Christ, if you've read the other two books, what the hell are you doing reading my review. Get your eyes into 2.2.

5.0 out of 5 stars Caravan of Love., 9 Dec 2010