4.0 out of 5 stars How can you call this bad?
The reviews for this movie were harsh! So when I read them I didn't expect alot. But after watching the trailer I expected to hate it!
I finally watched the movie and boy, was I wrong! This is a great movie! No, it's not a comedy. But do we really only need Shrek-ish animated movies? No. 'Mars Needs Moms' was entertaining, fun to watch and had a cool concept...
Published on 18 July 2011 by Eline H

3.0 out of 5 stars Passes an hour or so in reasonable fashion
Unfortunately I will have to damn this with faint praise. The movie is fine for kids and it is well crafted and exciting visually too. However, the characters are pretty uninteresting, the plot hackneyed, and the sentiments cloying; bear this in mind if watching with your children.
Published on 18 Oct. 2011 by Scaroth, Last of the Jagaroth

4.0 out of 5 stars How can you call this bad?, 18 July 2011
This review is from: Mars Needs Moms [Blu-ray] [2011] [US Import] (Blu-ray)
Don't be fooled by haters, this is a must watch movie!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mars Needs Moms, 16 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Mars Needs Moms [DVD] (DVD)
An animated film created by computors, it is the story of a boy who thinks his life would be better without his nagging mum, then is appalled to fine his wish come true, when martians come to his house and take his mother back to Mars to program their 'nanny 'bots'- little robots who tend their hatchlings. Following them back to their spaceship, he gets on board, travels to Mars, and with the help of a couple of new found friends, sets out to rescue her. Made presumably for children, it has a P.G. rating !,the only reason I conclude is that younger children might not realize it is pure fantasy, and might become upset that someone might come and take their mum away. For the rest of us, an 11/2 hrs entertainment for children on a wet afternoon, and not too boring for accompanying adults.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ignore the silly title and enjoy the film its awesome!, 24 April 2015
Ignore the stupid title and the one bloke who wrote a rubbish review as he says he only likes films like The Queen instead of high octane high fun brilliant tech films like this one. This is funny and fast and full of action from start to finish plus it gets your kids to appreciate you for at least till bed time so I recommend this to anyone who likes fun and Sci-fi and action films. I could watch this again and again and so could my kids aged between four and fifteen so a genuine family film. Five stars from this family hope you like it too. p.s. this film has a really satisfying ending too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mars Needs Moms, 9 April 2013
Mr. G. Bevan - See all my reviews
How this wasn't a major hit at the Cinema I'll never know.It's got all the excitement you could wish for when the young boy boards a spaceship that's kidnapped his Mother to become a Mother on Mars....the people he meets,the aliens,the chases,the gripping bits where you think he's ging to get caught.... just watch it,..you'll see what I mean .... kids LOVED this one!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mars Needs Moms and You Need This Film!, 28 Aug. 2011
Gre4t Moments (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Mars Needs Mom is a heartwarming family film, true to Walt Disney tradition, with great animation and delightful plot. Don't expect it as a silly film, even though there is humor, it has a serious theme as well, consider it as an allegory of modern parenting intended for both kids and parents...oh, and keep your Kleenex ready for those little tears too :)
Milo (Seth Green) is a rebellious kid to his parents, especially to his mother (Joan Cusack) who never appreciate the value of "momness" but the Martians from outer space do. They stole Milo's mom for her "momness" urgently needed in Mars...It was the day he wishes he never had a mom!
Milo stows away on the spaceship determined to rescue his mom, with a deeper appreciation and perspective for his mom...The adventure starts there...
The animation is brilliant, made by Image Movers Digital, Robert Zemeckis' own studio, the animation couldn't be better. It's realistic and spectacular. The characters look more natural than the usual animated figures...Isn't Gribble (Dan Fogler) awesome! What a brilliant facial and skeletal animation!
If you are a fan of Walt Disney movies, animation or a good movie, especially if you are selecting a movie for the kids...This is a must to see film. Add it to your selection :)
A note about Blu-ray version of the film, it's wonderful in 3-D enabled television, I liked it better than a few other films. There are Double Play and Triple Play versions or Two Disc combo pack and Four Disc Pack, the latter pack has an exclusive 3D version feature as well. Enjoy!

If you like this simple review please vote.
(Also submitted elsewhere as Lordnorth12)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 16 Mar. 2013
R. J. Chippendale (Nottinghamshire.UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mars Needs Moms [DVD] (DVD)
Regardless of previous reviews, I actually like this film. I like it better each time I see it, as i see bits i did not pick up before.
Look at how it is made - clever stuff.
No film jargon as usual - I think it is a well made, funny and entertaining film.
At the price you have nothing to lose. RJC.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth watching, 11 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Mars Needs Moms [DVD] (DVD)
This went down brilliantly with my daughter and her friends when they watched it. They were glued to it completly, desperate for a good out come for the caracters when mild peril was going on especially on the mom element. They all went home appreciating their moms much more for at least an hour or two.

5.0 out of 5 stars what were they watching !, 2 Jun. 2011
mummy spoon (South Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mars Needs Moms [DVD] (DVD)
I absolutely disagree with the two bad reviews on here and I'm glad I ignored them and went to see it anyway . It seems those two have watched a different film altogether as I and the nine other people I went with thoroughly enjoyed it and I will be pre-ordering the DVD asap.
Basically the story is about martians needing good earth mums to help programme robots to care for their young and we follow a boy who's mum is abducted for this purpose . The story has lots of twists and turns and more is revealed about the way these martians live, but I won't give too much away .
Some of the points others on here have made about the animation and lack of colour are laughable as that is the point, the supervisor takes away the colours and the fun and enforces strict regimented lives on her people, the colours are returned when the martians overturn her .
I saw a fantastically captivating film with top notch animation which stands out from the wave of sequals and remakes being released , I highly recommend you make your own mind up .

5.0 out of 5 stars ABSOLUTELY AMAZING, 18 April 2015
I have never in my life seen a film as breathtaking as this one. As a child of nine years of age I only have two words to describe this film:
ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! This film inspired my family and I, as we zoom through space all the way to Mars. But as a matter of fact Mars need Mums!

5.0 out of 5 stars funny and great making of, 28 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Mars Needs Moms [DVD] (DVD)
cartoon people was so real you could tell would there look liked
the mars talking was hard at start to follow but still easy to understand
but later it does go to English with help of translate device
[as a footnote the extra show you how they created the word etc.]

Mars Needs Moms [Blu-ray] [2011] [US Import]