Drive Angry   [US Import] [Blu-ray] [2011] [Region A]
Format: Blu-rayChange
Price:£5.99+£1.26shipping

on 11 August 2013
I'll watch Nick in anything so when I started watching this and got the immediate impression that I'd bought another duffer (thanks to the music and confusing start) but I decided to give it a go. He's not the only "name" in the film and showed that both he and Amber Heard can act even in badly directed crap like this. But if you think about it actors get the occasional weekend off when their agents might phone them up and say, "Fancy having a laugh and getting paid a few dollars doing a really bad film - should only take a weekend to shoot?"
"I'm at a loose end so let's give it a go then lol".

Anyway, back to the film. The action scenes are fine, the main actors act and the music and directing along with the story are truly dire. Might be better in 3D and really doesn't need to be an 18 as it's not scary and Amber is welcome to come round mine and swear at me all day long. BUT.............it's Amber Heard in shorts and a few nice muscle cars thrown in, and I got it to my home for less then 2 quid so 3 stars from me.
on 25 August 2014
If you have not seen this film then buy it!! From the tongue-in-cheek bumper sticker to the "Accountants" first line (which when you watch again, which you will, you will chuckle before hes even said it!).

Brilliant acting from everyone, which means great directing. Great script and casting.

No spoilers, just watch it!!
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Again i must admit i've followed 'Nicolas Cage's movies since his early classic's such as 'The Rock' 'Con-Air' and one of my all time favourites 'Face/off'
'Drive Angry' see's 'Nicolas Cage' at his very best with this 'tongue-in-cheek' roller-coaster-ride.
'Milton'(Nicholas Cage) has escaped from 'Hell' to save his grandchild from the evil-cult that had killed his daughter and who intend offering the child as a sacrifice.
'Milton' is joined on his quest by 'Piper' (Amber Heard) a young-lady who is certainly not afraid to ''mix-it''
Throughout they are being tracked by cult members intent on stopping them, as the body-count mounts the police are also on their trail as is ''The Devil's'' accountant (William Fichtner)
The 'accountant' contents himself with the body count but still wants to re-capture 'Milton'
This is a fast moving deliciously wicked action thriller with many brilliant on-the-road stunts to enjoy....along with some great c.g.i .....not to be missed.
on 5 January 2012
I watched this on a DLP Full 3D HD projector (Optoma HD33) and the image is one of the best out there, maybe you need a projector to appreciate it but this is some quality native 3D.

This is heads and shoulders above any conversion in terms of quality of image, the depth is incredible and the pop out amazing. It's quite literally like Amber Heard is standing there in front of you in little hot pants, so what's not to like right? The detail, the colour, it's all top notch. In fact I would say the image is so realistic it can take on almost the quality of reality at times (especially on a projector that will interpolate and raise the frame count so it's silky smooth).

This film also benefits greatly from being shot 16:9, so the 3D experience is far more immersive than on similar titles such as Pirates 4, because you avoid the black bars which eat into your resolution.

The film itself is passable, nothing to write home about, but it's a worthy addition on the quality of the 3D alone.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
For the life of me, I can't see why some reviewers are so determined to rubbish this movie. Personally, I thought it was a load of fun from start to finish, and definitely the cinematic equivalent of a modern graphic novel (I mean in its action and plot logic).

Cage was excellent, as always, and Amber Heard certainly should be moving on to bigger and better things.

I rented this, enjoyed it, and will be buying a copy to enjoy again, even if I don't share the fact with many of my highbrow friends!!!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Having seen My bloody valentine 3D back in 2010, i decided to have a look at Lussier's new action filled thriller called Drive Angry.

Ive never been a big fan of Nic Cage cause his acting is sometimes over-reactful and his quotes are annoying (for example OH GOD NOT THE BEES! AARGH!!!! from Wicker Man (2006) ) Drive Angry is about an undead criminal Milton (Nicholas Cage) who escapes from hell to save her granddaughter from an evil cult leader Jonah King (Billy Burke, Charlie Swan from Twilight-series). Milton's daughter joined the cult after high-school and he didn't know about this untill Milton got locked up.

Milton meets a super-hot waitress Piper (Amber Heard, Mandy from All the boys love mandy lane). She gets involved to mess and she gets quiet temper with Milton in situations. During the course of Drive Angry there's a great set of violence, humour, suspense, sex and drugs (including a scene where Milton has sex, drinks and shoots thugs during the way)

Some of the CGI is over-rated, but that's what makes Drive Angry more badass!

Result 5/5= You should get it, it's worth it. Great for saturday nights if you just want to drink pint and enjoy a good flick!
on 2 July 2012
This is a over the top b movie with nick cage featuring his usual bad haircut. Nick , long hair looks bad on older guys bro! The movie was shot in 3d and looks great though. THe one star reviews have missed the point on this movie, it's pure silly fun and that's all it is. With nick cage busting out of hell to save his daughter from a evil cult leader. What were you expecting high cinema? no, you get a fun b movie that delivers lots of action in 3d. It's a beserk movie too with outrageous scenes like nick cage shooting people while he's having sex. If you don't like b movies then stay away from this one, but if you love good ole over the top b horror then sit back and drive angry. This is lowbrow drive in type of theater to be sure but I liked it. I also like high brow in my defense! The effects are great and this was shot in 3d , not processed in 3d so it looks better than alot of 3d movies out there.
on 22 December 2012
As another reviewer wrote: if you want to see a very pretty girl with attitude, an ageing N. Cage who pretends to be still that of Red Rock West, some beautiful muscle car (as they are not made anymore unfortunately), and do not care really for what happens - and WHY - then go for it. The soundtrack is good too. All characters are well played besides.
If you are even slightly unnerved by a plot based on two mighty characters sent from Satan straight from Hell to the Earth to get rid of a - well, Satanic - messiah whose fun is to sacrifice babies, then you may not like this. Also, your should possess tolerance to shots a la Q. Tarantino e.g blood spills
Which explains the rather differing opinions of reviewers.
In my case, I tolerated the idiotic plot, sympathise with Nicolas (who has my age), enjoyed every bit of Amber views.
on 30 October 2011
Drive Angry is a fast, frantic and fun movie that I'd highly reccomend. I'm only not giving it 5 stars as I think the final half of the film doesn't quite live up to the incredible first half. This is a very violent film but is tongue in cheek like alot of my favourite films from the 80's. Nic Cage(on form) and Amber heard(gorgeous) are good leads and William Fichtner has fun in a great role. Amongst all the action and violence the film has a good internal logic and is a cleverly put together film. It's a well cast film with a good story/script and well edited. Well worth watching and most likely re-watching.
on 9 December 2011
This is a fun movie for a night when you really don't want to think things through. nice one-liners,simple/clear scenes. Macho guys, lots of shooting, nice looking girls, nice action.

All in all looks really good only this is not the greatest work of Nicolas Cage as an actor. It is rather near the low end of that list. You are left with the impression of having seen it all before in another movie. It is actually William Fichtner as the accountant that carries the movie.

The plot is easy to follow with no real unexpected turns of events.

It is "fast food" entertainment, Good if you like the kind of stuff (like I do) probably a disappointment for those looking for a serious award winning movie