5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for new vegans
I love this book. I am new to vegan food and this book provide basic, easy to make, low fat recipes. Most recipes have full page colour photograph of the meal. This I really like because I am visual person. Just one thing which would be useful to add to each recipe is if it is possible to freeze it. I will buy cookbook from Lindsay Nixon again.
Published on 11 Feb. 2013 by Hana Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth it for the black bean brownies
Published 17 months ago by Scally Cross

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for new vegans, 11 Feb. 2013
Hana Smith "hanka_s6" (UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book..glad I bought it!, 1 Sept. 2013
S. Mcallister (London UK) - See all my reviews
I have lots of vegan cook books and some are less than inspiring. But this one ( although with a US bias) is easy to follow and the recipes are delicious. It's a paperback, good quality, and with lovely photos throughout. Highly recommended for anyone who is or considering to become vegan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great every day recipes, 11 Jun. 2013
I have recently turned vegan and I was looking for a book to help me learn how to make some new vegan recipes. I wasn't looking for anything too fancy just everyday food. I have been very pleased with this book and it has several bookmarks in it already with recipes that I want to try out. I cook something new on my day off every week and so far I have made the banana bread and the soul burger, both were wonderful but the banana bread was amazing. I even took some to work and my coworkers couldn't believe it was healthy and vegan, it was seriously yummy! Next week I am going to try and make some of her sauces and maybe the meatloaf! I can't wait to get stuck in and I'm already looking at her other books since I'm so happy with this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the most-used cookbooks in my kitchen, 2 Dec. 2012
I follow a lowfat, plant-based diet for health reasons (as advocated by Dr Caldwell B Esselstyn and Dr John McDougall). Eating this way, with no animal products and no oils, has meant I've lost weight, improved my blood pressure and cholesterol readings, and have more energy than I've ever had in my life. This is one of the first cookbooks I discovered after adopting this diet and it has made it easy for me to keep to my principles without feeling deprived. I use it at least 3 times a week. All the recipes I've tried have been either very good or excellent. Some of my favourites are the pancakes (so easy!), blueberry oatmeal muffins, spiced carrot muffins, banana bread, cornbread, scones (an ingenious lowfat recipe!), black bean burgers, mushroom burgers, Mediterranean "tuna" salad, Buddha's delight stir-fry, cheater pad thai, Hawaiian chickpea teriyaki, broccoli casserole, rustic yam fries, chocolate chip cookies (especially the double-chocolate variation), oatmeal cookies, fudgy brownies, black bean brownies, chocolate cupcakes, fruity cereal bars and quick marinara sauce (my new go-to pasta sauce, so fast and cheap!). I would highly recommend this cookbook to anyone who wants to improve their health without having to give up eating delicious food.

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth it for the black bean brownies, 30 Oct. 2013
OK - this book falls into a trap that a lot of vegan recipe books do - the photo's just dont make the recipes look sexy! I've tried a couple of the recipes - the black bean brownie recipe is great, but I have struggled to make it work (I have to cook this for an hour not 35 mins). I've tried a chili recipe - not to my taste - the outturned food just looks 'brown', and to be frank, the guac and hummus recipe you can get anywhere on line - I will keep it for the brownie recipe - but not sure about the rest. I personally prefer the taste of Isa Chandra Moskowitz recipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 10 Oct. 2011
M. Howard (UK) - See all my reviews
I've had this book for a couple of weeks and love it. It's crammed full of healthy low-fat plant-based recipes with delightful photos. (So many vegan recipe books don't have a single picture). I've made a few meals already - the spicy sausage is great as are the black bean chocolate brownies and chocolate chip cookies. Can't wait for the next book.

2.0 out of 5 stars over-tofu recipies, 17 July 2013
First i was very excited to get this book, but when I saw it I was highly disappointed. The author tries to invent many alternatives to casual dishes and that's good, but I hated that tofu is the most important ingredient everywhere. Even though I am vegan I don't like to eat too much tofu and I believe that is not that healthy either. So if you are not willing consume tofu in large amounts, don't buy this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent plant-based cookbook!, 22 Nov. 2014
V. Van Der Kramer (UK) - See all my reviews
Fantastic vegan cookbook with tasty, easy to make recipes that appeal to anyone. I love Lindsay sensible healthy eating dishes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 24 Oct. 2014
Being a new vegan this book is great for giving fresh and simple recipe ideas

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 20 Oct. 2014
Mrs. LH Scott Thompson (west yorkshire) - See all my reviews
Love the recipes in here the choc zuchinni muffins rock