5.0 out of 5 stars does what it says
when i opened it, thought it was cheap and crappy, didn't hold much hope of it working.. gotta admit, was fab, no tinny sound and lead plenty long enough to not leave the ipod hanging mid air like some others i have tried... use this with ipod touch, no issues, have acctually just ordered another 2, so i have spares, i seem to like leaving these in hire cars....
Published on 17 Dec 2011 by mikaela le vesconte

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor product
I bought in a month ago and now it's not working ie I have to now twiddle a lot on the wire/connection to make it play on my car radio.
Published on 20 Jun 2012 by Ai

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked fine (for an hour), 17 Sep 2012
This review is from: Griffin Universal Direct Deck Cassette Adapter - Black (Electronics)
Used it with an iPhone for an hour long drive to the beach and worked fine. On the way home I could just about make out the songs with everything set at full volume. Messed about with settings on the phone and stereo for a further week but still no joy. I bought this one cos it cost a little more thinking it might be better quality. Waste of time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but treble heavy, 24 Aug 2012
I. Humphrey (Welwyn Garden City, Herts United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This is less susceptible to noise than my previous cassette adaptor (a Sony), but is very treble heavy. This is probably good for my primary purpose, audio books, because it helps it cut through background car noise - but it is not so good for music. Otherwise this appears to be a reliable unit.

1.0 out of 5 stars 10 minutes is a record?, 8 Aug 2012
It sounded awesome at first... I literally used it for 10 mins and it stopped working! Waste of money, avoid at all costs!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very handy, 20 July 2012
Articulate Mrs J. Cox (UK) - See all my reviews
I purchased this as a backup for one of another brand that I had already purchased. I don't know if I am imagining it but the sound that emanates when I use this one seems more clear and crisp and...well, tonal! Great piece of kit!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great clarity but little bass., 7 Jun 2012
colin (Liverpool, Merseyside United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Bought this to replace an older version. Overall sound quality good but little bass. Despite this I would recommend the product.

1.0 out of 5 stars This is Rubbish, 18 May 2012
Taffy (North Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
This product simply is no good. I tried it in both my car and van radios (for which it was intended) and also a portable cassette player. It didn't work at all in one, and for the other two I had to turn the volume of the input MP3 player up full to get any sound at all. Needless to say the interference was awful.

Avoid this product at all costs.

5.0 out of 5 stars CD Quality, 9 May 2012
Mr. S. Overthrow (UK N.Wales) - See all my reviews
I was a bit skeptical having never tried one of these, and I almost bought a FM Transmitter instead but I am very pleased with the quality of this product. I am able to keep my factory fit radio and avoid appending money on upgrading it.

The sound is CD quality, you would be hard pushed to tell the difference.

Very pleased and this is a great price, buy one you will not be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works better than expected, 5 May 2012
P. M. Hawkes (UK) - See all my reviews
The Griffin GC17041 works perfectly. I connected my iPod shuffle and did not experience any problems. The sound quality is very good, far better than I had expected. For the price it is an absolute bargain, highly recommended if your car doesn't have a stereo with an MP3 and/or CD Player.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly!, 3 May 2012
Music sounds clear and works perfectly! Little background sound, and exactly what I needed for my car! Long enough cable, great value for money. Thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well., 25 April 2012
I bought this to use in the car with my Ipod touch. Works well, the sound quality is good. It is very good value for money. I would definitely recommend it.