5.0 out of 5 stars A winner -- hands down
I am already a seasoned Dragon NaturallySpeaking user. I do a lot of writing, I use the Standard Home version and I find it perfectly adequate. I find it superior to Vista's on board speech recognition. According to Nuance, version 11 provides 15% greater accuracy. Another advancement is that it learns when you correct words even if you correct them using the keyboard...
Published on 11 Feb 2011 by Uncle Barbar

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for games with long lists of commands but...
I'm a big fan of first person shooters and used to be a big role playing game fan as well. I've tried Dragon Naturally speaking in the past and found it OK but not a huge help to me personally. Having said that I can imagine it would be very useful for those who are not as accessible to a keyboard and mouse though. This version of Dragon speech software comes with a very...
Published on 14 Mar 2011 by Silverfrog

3.0 out of 5 stars Nearly on the ball...., 27 Jan 2011
A R Hartley "Monkey" (Hull, UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've used previous editions of the Dragon Speach software but never for gaming, so this is realy looking at the gaming side of things only.

I managed to test this on MOD Warfare2 and World of Warcraft.

The installation of this product is pretty easy, the setup process can set you back around maybe 45 minutes to an hour if you want to finetune the software and hardware which id probably recommend, this kinda thing always benefits from being fine tuned.
The use of the gaming pack means downloading some additional software from the net, installing game packs which are game specific and allow voice commands to work.

So first onto Modern Warfare 2, im a massive fan of this and 99% of the time its on the Xbox360 version. I often play this with friends so i found myself more than once talking into the mic without realising i had the software running, i have to admit it was funny when i started swearing and the odd time the software popped up unable to work out what i was asking it to do. Using the action commands for me slowed down the action, being so used to pressing a key or button was confusing when asking the game to do it, over time you could get used to it but on a game as fast paced as Modern Warfare online, it was hard work using it.

WOW was different on the other hand, despite realy being a very light user, i thought the use of the action commands made it easier to play and a bit more in depth in someways, commanding the character to do certain things was fun!

For me it sways both ways, the software is pretty smart in regards to what it can do, once fine tuned its pretty spot on. Fast games such as First person shooters for me dont make the most of the software and feel almost hindered using it. Games such as a flight sim or World of Warcraft were great and felt much more in depth using the voice control commands, in fact it added another dimension to the gaming.

A downside also is the fact it costs money to get the voice control software for other games, even though you get some free vouchers with it, if you want more games in the futre, it will cost you more cash, and at £99 for the software in the first place, it can become costly.

The pros - Great on some games
- Voice commands almost spot on
- Headsets pretty decent and free!

The Cons - Fine tuning can take a while to do
- Some games struggle
- Getting more gamepacks cost more money!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fire! Fire! Fire!, 23 Jan 2011
Inspector Gadget "Go Go Gadget Reviews" (On the trail of Doctor Claw) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
For those of you who ever wondered what it might be like if Dragon NaturallySpeaking 11 Home Edition (PC)] were to be applied to the world of PC gaming then wonder no more. Voice-controlled video gaming is now a reality. If you want to bark orders at your monitor the Dragon Gaming Speech Pack gives you that ability.

Personally, I don't, but I am here to review this product for you, so I tried out a couple of games on my computer and it works surprisingly well. However, a control pad is my preferred method of interacting with games. So while this is a fun novelty, I doubt it will take off. In the world of alternative video game interaction I'd have to say that Kinect and PlayStation Move are the way forward.

The games it is compatible with (at the moment) are Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PC DVD), Call of Duty: Black Ops (PC DVD), Mass Effect 2 (PC DVD), Flight Simulator X - Gold Edition (PC), Tom Clancys Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (PC DVD), Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction - Limited Edition (PC), Dawn of War: The Complete Collection (PC DVD), World of Warcraft: Cataclysm - Collector's Edition (PC/Mac) among others. Though apparently you can only use it with up to three of these games. But since I don't have more than three I cannot verify this.

Aside from the Gaming Pack it's the regular edition of Naturally Speaking 11 Home if you don't care about the gaming angle.

Microphone is included too, btw.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not worth paying extra for the gaming features, 24 Mar 2011
B Smith (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Dragon has served me extremely well as a dictation tool, in fact I'm using it to write this review.
However the gaming features are sincerely lacking and I'd recommend that you should just buy the standard version, not the gaming pack.

2.0 out of 5 stars Pointless I feel, 16 Feb 2011
jimmyreviewer1988 (england) - See all my reviews
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I thought I would give this a go purely because It is new and innovative.

However I have to admit I was definitely disappointed. It all just feels a bit wrong to me. It barely works with any games anyway, and the ones it does work with it does not seem to work all that well.

Why would you pay [] for something that barely works, and has very little compatability?

Dragon Gaming Speech Pack
Dragon Gaming Speech Pack by Nuance Communications, Inc. (Windows 2003 Server / 7 / Server 2008 / Vista / XP)
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available