Format: Audio CD|Change

on 8 March 2011
I've just received my copy of this CD, and it immediately ranks among my favorites. I particularly like tracks 3 "Riding The Blues", and 8 "Finding My Way Home", primarily because they follow the traditional slow & soulful blues style which has always appealed to me; however the entire album is superb.
on 7 February 2012
Another long time Snowy White fan here. This is a very enjoyable album with a great band - more Max Middleton would have been nice!

The only reason for deducting a star is this. Snowy has a nice timbre to his voice but for some reason he insists on rounding off every line with a talking voice instead of singing a melody. I confess I began to find this increasingly irritating as the album progressed. Does he lack confidence in the implied melodies of the songs he's written? Is he shy when singing? I don't know. On some songs it gets so bad he recites large chunks like poems. Snowy, you can sing so let's hear you!
on 28 April 2011
Snowy White is very good at what he does - he is not the best singer in the world but he deals in great blues guitar music with often gutsy incisive lyrics. This CD just grows and grows on you...my fave since 'Restless'.

So many excellent tracks but I love 'Riding the Blues', 'Love is not Possession' (how true!) and 'Towards Higher Ground'.

Highly recommended to blues aficianados!
on 2 January 2012
Sadly Snowy recently announced his retirement from performing with his own band (although he continues in Roger Waters' touring band) with a couple of shows in Europe.

This is a fine album. Oh to be able to play a guitar the way Snowy does - that Goldtop really does sing. Beautifully played and sequenced almost like a gapless concept album, it's a real treat that should be listened to in its entirety each time. "Another Story Told" is my favourite and it's hard not to reach for the repeat button after the way the solo rounds out the song.

I hope it's not the case, but if this is also to be Snowy's last recording in his own right it's a cracking swansong.

Has anyone ever seen Max Middleton not wearing a hat?
on 9 November 2013
A good solid mix of Blues with some jazz overtones and some fine guitar playing by Snowy White.Worth the money as it was extremely cheap from the site I bought it from, if you appreciate an album which has a solid set of musicians baqcking the main man
on 7 November 2011
Snowy White's latest (2011) CD 'Realistic' is a great listen, with lots of fine new songs, along with great musicianship and guitar work.
First impressions were good, and the sequence of the tracks on the album 'gel' together very nicely.
The real measure of satisfaction is to still be listening to the album continuously for weeks in the car, on the daily commute to and from work, as each song continues to deliver new perspectives.
A fantastic CD highly recommended!
Favourite tracks so far? Well, 'Ongoing', 'Riding the Blues', and 'Another story told'.
on 12 November 2011
knew nothing about this guy until i had seen him on the Rogers Waters DVD and decided to investigate. Read other reviews and went for it. Bit of a risk, but I like taking risks with music and this paid off..........
This is seriously gorgeous. Melodic and sooooooooo laid back, sublime blues that floats over and around you. Music that makes you stop and listen, melt into the groove. Oh yes, I love this and if this is a reflection on his other stuff i'm going for the full back catalogue, RIGHT NOW!
on 5 March 2016
Excellent album from Snowy, one of his more mellow albums that maybe does not have tracks that stand out as some tracks on his other albums (Keep Out We Are Toxic, No Faith Required), but I found this album to be the best from start to finish, whereas his other albums tend to have some weak moments.
on 11 May 2015