5.0 out of 5 stars A family favorite.
Alpha and Omega is a surprise hit in our family. We originally rented it, as a one off. However, after multiple requests to rent again, we purchased it. Our kids have watched it numerous times and it is now a favorite birthday gift for others. It has the right balance of humor, adventure and dispense.
Published on 3 July 2011 by Meg

3.0 out of 5 stars Less 'O'mega, more 'O'kay
Every year now it seems we get a raft of animated adventures taking over cinema, and as a parent of a 4 year old little film lover very little gets through without us going along to see it. Many raise a real smile, many feel like an hour and a half of my life that has has gone forever....and somewhere inbetween is Alpha and Omega.

The film was enjoyed...
Published on 15 Jan 2011 by Rob

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A family favorite., 3 July 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 19 Jan 2011
Mrs. M. E. Wyllie "Elaine" (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alpha and Omega [DVD] (DVD)
Well folks, I don't know why you would criticise a kids' film so badly, when clearly the kids give it five stars. My two daughters 9 and 12 really enjoyed it, and they ARE discerning. I loved it too. Buy it and enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable film!, 21 Jan 2011
This review is from: Alpha and Omega [DVD] (DVD)
I personally thought this was a very enjoyable film & so did my son, I thought it was just as good if not better than the other animated films of the year ( Shrek 4 & Toy Story 3).

4.0 out of 5 stars Enchanting and harmless fun for children (and adults), 7 April 2014
Ghostgrey51 (Wales) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Alpha and Omega [DVD] (DVD)
I am 62+ and because I have grandchildren, do need to make sure that the material out there is suitable for them. It is a solemn duty.... Well actually because I am a fan of animation and have not grown up, this had to be seen. Anyhow, the quality of the animation is good, the story has the right blend of children's humour and with a few 'tweaks' for adults. True the plot is nothing new, two young animals, one from the top end of the pack, the other from the other end go on an adventure and fall in love, aided by eccentrics, in this case a French Canadian golf playing turkey and his English caddy duck. Support characters have their own charm too. Lots here to enjoy. (Not too sure but this might have been the last project the late Dennis Hopper worked on.)
And another plus, professional critics didn't like it, so it must be good

5.0 out of 5 stars disney, 2 Dec 2012
Mrs. K. C. Hinde "kaz1959" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Alpha and Omega [DVD] (DVD)
just what we wanted, to add to our never ending collection, suitable for all ages and very funny too, quirky but educational too

5.0 out of 5 stars My 5 year old loves it!, 10 Oct 2011
This review is from: Alpha and Omega [DVD] (DVD)
Fun film for all the family to watch. Find out what happens on Alpha and Omega's adventure! Great service from Amazon. Arrived very quickly at agood price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Film for Both Girls & Boys, 12 Sep 2011
This review is from: Alpha and Omega [DVD] (DVD)
Bought this from Amazon having rented it previously for viewing by a 7 and 4 year old. Both thoroughly enjoyed the film and have since watched it several times. Also enjoyed by adults watching so all in all a good family film with beautiful animation.

5.0 out of 5 stars DVD, 25 Aug 2011
This review is from: Alpha and Omega [DVD] (DVD)
Great watch for all the family. Saw it at the cinema and had to buy it so we could watch it again and again and again.

4.0 out of 5 stars very funny! Great for the school holidays!, 20 Aug 2011
This review is from: Alpha and Omega [DVD] (DVD)
When your child laughs out load, you know its a good film, very entertaining, really enjoyed it, my son is 9 he had a good giggle!

3.0 out of 5 stars Less 'O'mega, more 'O'kay, 15 Jan 2011
This review is from: Alpha and Omega [DVD] (DVD)

The film was enjoyed enormously by my daughter who was able to follow all the reasoning of the 'Packs' and their tradition which formed the central part of the story. She also understood the humour which was often slapstick at best. I did not feel the same way and did find it pretty standard fayre with little to entertain an adult audience, so for this reason I will sum this up as a kids film, for kids.

It tells the story of two packs of Wolves the 'Alpha's' and 'Omega's' who live and hunt seperately on different sides of the valley. As food gets short on the eastern side of the divide an arranged marriage between the two young wolves who are destined to lead their respective packs is forged with the aim of bringing the two together. This looks to have been ruined after Kate, leader of the Omega pack, is captured and moved to a new National Park along with Humprey a loveable and goofy Wolf who is frowned upon by the established packs. Humphrey helps Kate travel from America back to Canada anyway they can in time for Kate to marry her arranged partner Garth, but is the the bond she forms with Humphrey a bond that ultimately changes the course of the packs and ends their traditions.

The gaps in the plot I am sure any casual film watcher could fill in so formulaic is the film so I will leave it at that. But rather than judge this film through my own eyes which would be to say it falls well short of Pixar and Dreamworks efforts...I will just tell you how happy it made a four year old little girl.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Alpha and Omega [DVD]
Alpha and Omega [DVD] by Ben Gluck (DVD - 2011)