5.0 out of 5 stars Highlander brand legionnaire cap, 2 July 2011
This review is from: Highlander Legionnaires Cap (Sports Apparel)
Just to back up the review above, the cap in question is the legionnaire-style cap with peak and neck cover that you're likely to be looking for having arrived at this product page.

I'm not a hat wearer under normal circumstances, but I'm headed to the north-eastern seaboard of Japan in August to volunteer on the post-disaster clean-up and it's highly likely that I'll be experiencing daytime temperatures of over 30 degrees combined with intense sunshine for the majority of each day.

I also have a huge head, which normally makes finding decent headwear a pretty frustrating proposition. The extra large version of this product fits my 60cm+ noggin very comfortably thanks to an elasticated rim. I have noticed that it's most comfortable worn in a certain way (with the peak quite low over the eyes), so I'm doubtful of being able to move the peak higher on my head comfortably should the need arise. But that's a very minor quibble.

Being 100% cotton, I'm hopeful that it'll be light enough to not cause me to sweat too much - and it's a good sign that wearing it for a while in the garden during the recent brief heatwave in Surrey didn't make my head feel overheated.

Both the cap itself and the neck flap seem to be thick enough to keep the rays of the sun from frying my brain and scorching my scalp, but it's worth noting that the material is not UV-protection rated.

All in all, I'm happy with my purchase and am confident that the hat will serve its purpose well upon arrival in Japan. An excellent deal for such a low price, especially considering I usually give up on buying hats upon being told that a hat my size must be ordered in specially and may cost extra!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lucky Dip, 20 May 2011
Mrs Eragon (London, England) - See all my reviews
Took a chance purchasing this item, as there was no image available. Well... The Highlander Legionnaires Cap in Olive was perfect. Bought for my 13 year old son, size small, who's off a on sailing trip around the French Meditteraen. The colour is darker than I thought, but perfectly matches the bodywarmer I bought earlier in the year. The fit is perfect and the flap is long enough to cover the neck and shoulder. Only, very small, negative is that you cannot roll up the flap when not needed, however, I may put my needle skills to use and sew on a toggle which would easily rectify this issue, or even a bit of velcro! Great value at []. Hopefully, He will wear it and won't come home with a red neck or burnt ears!

5.0 out of 5 stars HATS, 2 Aug 2011
C. Dooley (West of Ireland) - See all my reviews
Great value for money. Very few hats of this type come in sizes and even less cover ears and neck. Dont wait but one!

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for camping, 12 May 2014
I was looking for hats like this with a size and this one was the only one I found. It is very good for all purposes. However, for truly strong sun it would be better to have one with a larger back part.

5.0 out of 5 stars value for money, 5 May 2014
As an add on this hat is very good value, its comfortable and the neck coverage is brilliant. I suffer from hay fever and I wear this when gardening,it protects my head from the pollen and my neck is covered from the sun. Its a good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked a treat, 25 April 2014
Actually went fishing when the sun came out and this hat worked a treat. Kept the heat off the neck and no sun burn!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, 15 April 2014
This hat was purchased for future trip abroad so not yet tested but is well made and as described. The size was good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 2 Feb 2014
Good quality hat, looks great and neck flap tucks away nicely too if not needed. Very happy with this Product

5.0 out of 5 stars This cap does exactly what I expected it to do., 29 Sep 2013
I bought this cap after getting sunburnt on the back of my neck while photographing an air show during the summer. This cap not only protects the back of the neck, but the ears as well and is great for doing both jobs. I chose olive so that it could also be used as camouflage during wild life photography.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good cap, 2 Sep 2013
Pat Regan (Southport, Lancs, UK) - See all my reviews
Yes this is fine, does what it says and performs the trick very well... get one ASAP before they all go...

Highlander Legionnaires Cap