4.0 out of 5 stars Batter change problem solved.
Published on 4 Jun. 2012 by S. LAMB

2.0 out of 5 stars Never been field tested?
Published on 31 Jan. 2013 by J. Ashton

2.0 out of 5 stars Never been field tested?, 31 Jan. 2013
J. Ashton - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oral-B Advance Power Toothbrush (Personal Care)
Great idea, great price. But I swear this design has never been properly tested by the designers. First use, fine. Then almost impossible to relocate the cap after charging batteries. As mentioned by other reviewers, the problem is the rubber seal that then becomes twisted/shoved out of its groove when trying to replace the cap. Bought two of these and one end cap broke, while the other flooded with water. Solution is to remove the rubber seal and then wrap the join with plastic insulating tape after every recharge. Works great now, so I won't be sending them back. Shouldn't have to do a DIY fix, though! Absolutely pathetic that Braun sent this design out for mass production when all it would have taken is one person going through a couple of cycles of the recharge process to discover this inherent flaw.

4.0 out of 5 stars Batter change problem solved., 4 Jun. 2012
S. LAMB - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oral-B Advance Power Toothbrush (Personal Care)
Having had a number of Oral B tooth brushes in the past I have found that the inexpensive battery models give very good service lasting many years and maintaining their performance far better than the more expensive rechargeable models. I bought this model for my wife and she was very pleased with it, however I too have now experienced the battery change problem. It was easy enough to get the original supplied batteries out but I found it impossible to get the cap back on. I have now solved the problem by applying a small smear of lubricant around the sealing O ring and the inside of the cap. It now snaps right on with little force required and the brush is back in service. I used plumber's silicone lubricant which will continue to work for a while even after getting wet but I think anything similar that allows the parts to slide together more easily will work.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 24 May 2011
This review is from: Oral-B Advance Power Toothbrush (Personal Care)
purchased one of these to see if it would be anywhere near as good as the dearer rechargeable and I wasn't disappointed. uses the same heads as my current oral Bs so won't be out any extra there (buy in multipack). Find oral B gives a really good clean but after a year or so they don't seem to charge fully and the speed slows down. Purchased a set of rechargeable batteries and a charger on here as well so will hopefully have no more trouble!
Batteries easy to fit, just need a strong grip to remove cover.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing performance., 21 April 2012
Graeme (Dorchester, Dorset United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oral-B Advance Power Toothbrush (Personal Care)
Wanted this brush to take on holidays, but did not expect the performance would be so good.Could be used for everyday use, as nearly as good as the more expensive models.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain!!! Why waste money on more expensive option, 19 Oct. 2012
E. Jones (Wrexham, Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oral-B Advance Power Toothbrush (Personal Care)
I am about to need to give it a charge up...that's well over 6 weeks usage and I brush for over 2 minutes each time. Glad I didn't bother forking out over 50 pounds for the same thing but just with a rechargeable base unit. I have bought my own batteries which I recharge!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as the rechargeables!, 3 May 2011
R. W. Burr "Docrob" (Pontefact, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oral-B Advance Power Toothbrush (Personal Care)
This is as good as the rechargeable version I have at home. This version has better ergonomics than the old model it replaced - far more comfortable to hold & manipulate. Other than that it cleans teeth well!

2.0 out of 5 stars OK but don't stand them up after use, 9 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Oral-B Advance Power Toothbrush (Personal Care)
We got three of these for the kids for Xmas 2013. Not bad at the price I paid (around £9 each) but all three have had the same problem. When stood up after use the liquid dribbles down the handle and leaks into the battery compartment and interferes with their working. As a result:
1) they now only work erratically as the water interferes with the supply of electricity.
2) the battery compartment is extremely difficult to open due to being gunged up with dried toothpaste residue. As a result of my efforts to prize one lid off it cracked badly - very annoying. As a temporary solution I lubricated all the rubber seals with Vaseline and they now are easier to open. However the water still leaks in during use and when stood up so we now stand them up afterwards.

These are our first electric toothbrushes so I've no idea if this is normal but it seems a definite drawback to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 31 May 2013
just as i wanted just as i needed just as it promised to be , very reliable,will order again when i next need one thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, 31 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Oral-B Advance Power Toothbrush (Personal Care)
This is my second purchase ( for my husband). As good as the electric toothbrushes but without the cumbersome charger. The batteries last at least a month. I wish they came in different colours though!

5.0 out of 5 stars Braun Battery toothbrush, 15 Aug. 2012
Al "ARB" (Essex England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oral-B Advance Power Toothbrush (Personal Care)
Bought as a present. I have had one for years which just goes on and on. Braun are recommended. Braun replacement brushes however are expensive. If you follow the guidelines you will soon have paid more in one year for new brushes than the cost of the electric toothbrush.

Oral-B Advance Power Toothbrush