VINE VOICEon 13 January 2011
I just sent the following e-mail to Amazon's customer service department:

I hereby strongly protest against Amazon's decission to ban WikiLeaks from their server! By doing so, you have lost the trust of ten thousands of your customers!!!
Freedom of speech and a FREE Press is the core of democracy. Julian Assange is a hero of Freedom!!! Do not bow to U.S. WORLD DICTATORSHIP!!! People who murder inocent civilians and reporters are criminals and NOT those who inform the world about these crimes! I therefore urge you to support WikiLeaks and revoke your decission!!!!!

Please everyone, if you agree with my statement, send your own Protest note to Amazon or feel free to copy mine and send it to them.
on 19 December 2010
I'm appalled that Amazon has kicked Wikileaks off its servers. So often, it's we on the left who are told to keep politics out of things but they've chosen to back the corrupted American political establishment against the people of the World. I've stopped doing my Christmas shopping through Amazon. I've spent literally hundreds of pounds at Amazon over the last 6 years but until they reconsider their position I won't be doing any more shopping. Long live free speech and long live Wikileaks despite corporate attempts to do harm and to help hide the truth.
on 19 December 2010
are amazon actually profiting from anything more than the hosting of this item?

I find it difficult to find substantiated information on amazons relationship with WikiLeaks at all.

Are "anonymous" that group that attacked amazon through Mozilla and TPB? and also the people behind the Google scam?

I cant find anything to inform me of these matters anywhere!
{what IS this?}

Who are those people that hijack entire corporations, let alone small time websites etc. 'cos I don't know who who they are.
on 16 December 2010
Amazon are a bunch of hypocrites, they took down the Wikileaks site citing that they neither owned nor could control the copy-write on the content.

Do they think we are stupid (they clearly do) - they don't own or control ANY content on sites that they host for 3rd parties, so why pick on Wikileaks. What they meant to say was "like PayPal, Visa and Mastercard, we are a cowardly bunch of hypocrites and for fear of upsetting our "land of the free" government, we threw out of the window any respect for free speech and took Wikileaks off line.

Now they host a book about the subject and happilly make more cash from it.

Take a stand against your oppressive government amazon you spineless fools.
on 15 December 2010
No point in me adding to the numerous reviews here about the hypocracy of Amazon for selling this in the light of their shoddy treatment of Wikileaks. I have spent a good ten minutes trying to close my account, but there appears to be no clear way of doing so. Not to worry - I will never be buying anything from Amazon again. I really am disgusted.
on 14 December 2010
...but it isn't.
for years i was satisfied customer.
but now i am disappointed, angry and speechless.
shame on you!!

erst werft ihr wikileaks von euren servern aber
sobald ihr damit geld verdienen könnt, sind die AGB's auch nicht mehr ganz so wichtig.

mit der dem service von amazon war ich immer zufrieden und habe auch nicht wenig bestellt.
aber diese heuchlerische aktion jetzt macht mich echt sauer.

schämt euch was!

ich mache erstmal bestellpause!
on 13 December 2010
Disgusting behaviour from everyone's favourite e-tailer, IT really is despicable that you will not host wikileaks but are more than happy to rip them off by selling the documents they released, you should be sued for that. NEVER BUYING ANYTHING FROM YOU CLOWN'S AGAIN, I AM STILL WAITING ON A PACKAGE FOR A WEEK NOW!!!
on 12 December 2010
As the largest purveyor of books on the internet, Amazon.com has betrayed free speech by caving to pressure (or willingly?) to stop hosting wikileaks. I therefore joined with hundreds, thousands, hundreds of thousands, millions? of other previously regular customers like Daniel Ellsberg and have notified Amazon that I will no longer be buying from them until they see the error of this decision and rectify it.
on 12 December 2010
If Wikileaks broke your user agreement, then selling of related material should be disallowed also.

Profit over ethics?

Hypocrisy?

I am disappointed Amazon.

I will seriously consider buying elsewhere from now on.
Hey Amazon,

what about the free-market? are you not a private company? You deny service to wikileaks and then profit from their cable releases ! All I can say is you are wusses who caved in to government sabre-rattling instead of upholding free-market values despite that wikileaks itself has not been charged with any wrong-doing whatsoever.