5.0 out of 5 stars Creative Writing for Dummies
I have been looking at courses on Creative Writing, but all too expensive at this time in my life, so went for this book. It is excellent, it gives you motivation right from the first page, there are ideas, tips, and excercises. I would recommend this book to anyone interested in Creative Writing as a starting point. You can treat it as a Course if you work your way...
Published on 18 Dec. 2009 by J. Aslett

› See more 5 star, 4 star reviews
2.0 out of 5 stars Of very little use
The money spent on this would have been better spent on a decent Moleskine note-book. It says next to nothing about actually getting words on the page. Disappointing.
Published on 7 Dec. 2012 by Robert C Marshall

› See more 3 star, 2 star, 1 star reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Five-star guide, 26 Feb. 2013
T. Bently "tbently" (Berkshire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I'm not sure that the world needs yet another guide to creative writing but, that said, this book is pretty good. Unlike some titles in the Dummies series, this is squarely for Brits.

In particular, I liked the idea that even prose should have its own rhythm. The section on 'Be Your Own Editor' also hit the nail on the head. Overall, an ideal introduction to the craft.

5.0 out of 5 stars Review for creative writing book, 7 April 2013
Great book.. A must have for all novice writers.. Loved every bit of it and all doubts were cleared :-)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good kindle edition at a very good price, 18 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Creative Writing For Dummies (Kindle Edition)
An exhaustive volume with useful and practical advice, but could have hada lot more interesting anecdotes and stories from real world authors placed startegically in each section relevant to the content in that section. The book is defintely for wannabe writers but not for those seeking inspiration.

5.0 out of 5 stars but it was GOOD; a real page turner, 7 April 2015
I have an admission to make. I haven't even read this book. Frankly, I don't even need to. I remember you, Maggie, from The Groucho Club in Soho. Back in the day, when I thought I was so bourgeoisie, disappearing from my sleepy little hometown to my writing course with you in London.

This lady wrote a book once, called The Rocket Man. I'm proud to own a signed copy. It won the 1994 World One Day Novel Cup (yep - how many teachers do you know who could write a novel in a day? Not only that, but it was GOOD; a real page turner.)

Thank you Maggie. I've gone on to do good things since my days with you and Henrietta, become a published author and all. Some day, I vow to better - the foundations are all there. Thank you for teaching me :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Beginners Guide to Your First Novel, 6 Mar. 2012
J. Dorr (Northumberland, England) - See all my reviews
I bought this product as a present for my son who is an avid writer of short stories and poems. He says it is probably the best book he has read on the subject. To quote him "It is concise, informative and supportive, giving you the incentive to put pen to paper from the very first moment you open the book". He rates it 5 stars for these reasons and recommends it for anyone who needs a cheap introduction to creative writing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very detailed look at many aspects of creative writing., 8 Jan. 2014
This is such a detailed book that I could never absorb it all at once. I tend to dip into it as and when the mood takes me. . I intend to share it with a creative writing class I go to.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very encouraging., 29 April 2013
This review is from: Creative Writing For Dummies (Kindle Edition)
I haven't worked my way through this book yet, but so far,so good. It seems to be full of good advice, helpful excercies adn is very encouraging.

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative - great as a reference, 8 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Creative Writing For Dummies (Kindle Edition)
Book is great, well organised and informative. Actually contains a lot of interesting information. Especially useful if you want to go over certain aspects, like writing dialogue or say the three act structure. Also leads in nicely to other forms of writing such as screenplays. Overall helps you to focus on writing by viewing it as a process and silencing your 'inner critic'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gwynneth's Ambition., 4 Oct. 2013
Writing is something I have always wanted to do, but have left this interest until rather late in life (being 85 years),and I find Creative Writing for Dummies just what I need. It is easy to follow, explains the detail I want. It might take me a while to get my own creation on the way, but who knows? Many thanks to this publication.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 28 Oct. 2014
Stayathome (Northumberland, England) - See all my reviews
I lead a creative writing group and it has proved invaluable.