5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic phone-highly recommend it!
Published on 7 April 2011 by C. Finch

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for the money, but has its failings.
I picked one of these up about a month ago for a fraction of the price Amazon are asking (40 from Phones4U). I've been generally impressed with it.

The good:
-Actually works as an organiser and to-do list. I have replaced my paper diary with it.
Published on 27 Jan 2012 by Bewchacca

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic phone-highly recommend it!, 7 April 2011
C. Finch (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung S3350 Chat 335 Sim Free Mobile Phone (discontinued by manufacturer) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I had been searching for a while online trying to find a new phone after my Samsung Toco Lite (which was an absolute nightmare) broke after 6 months. I came across this phone (I have the pink version)and was slightly worried as I hadn't read many reviews of it anywhere, not sure if it's very new out or just difficult to buy but I have to say it's a 5 star FANTASTIC phone.

First I'll get the very minor bad poins out of the way, 1) The pink version is not actually pink, it's almost red, but it's actually quite nice. 2) The camera isn't FAB but it does the job, it's relatively clear.

Now for the great points....

1) Fantastic sound-for calls and for music, I can hear both very clearly.
2) Great MP3 player, you can create your own playlists and even record from the radio, which for me was a bit exciting!
3) Very easy to use keypad and lovely big screen, the graphics are really nice and clear and the choice of fonts and menu styles are great.
4) Good for Facebook, Twitter etc-the internet isn't super fast but it does the job, has built in applications and very easy to navigate. I hated using the internet on a touch screen phone, this is a god send!
5) It has wi-fi so you can connect easily for faster internet!

I definitely recommend this phone, it's the best I have had and I love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars FABULOUS FONE 5/5, 25 April 2011
David Glasgow "Wego" (Co.Tyrone, United Kingdom.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
I've been looking out for a phone for my father who has 'thicker fingers' and needed a keypad that could 'feel his strokes' without too many mistakes, bought the Nokia C3 but I give it away because it did not suit my father because he could not read the number keys, which are most important to everyone.

Well to my surprise my gamble has paid of thanks to many positive reviews on the net ie. 'Trusted reviews' & 'cnet dot com etc'. and many others, I decided to take the leap of faith and purchase - have not looked back.

1). camera is acceptable, well it takes decent snaps but was not bought for this reason, however, will not replace a 120 quid camera, nope.
2). the gadget is the lightest in its class and is nearly identical to a (Blackberry minus the price).
3). the key pad is clearly marked out and very visible to most. so that was most important.
4). its not 2.4 inch, its really more a 2.7 inch screen, & is the usual Samsung quality for sure. its razor sharp in my opinion.
5). The battery in standby last for over 8-9 days, and even if you make a few calls will last a week before needing to recharge.
6). not that my father needs access, however has direct links to Facebook and Twitter if you need.
7). has PC Link and Micro SDHC card slots, which are a bonus (only if you again need to use them).
8). This Phone came SIM free so it accepts any mobile SIM CARD THAT WE HAVE TRIED, INCLUDING o2, Orange, Vodafone and T-mobile, and even Virgin too...
9). Very fast Texting indeed, on par with most 'Blackberry' mobiles again.
10). Finally the Phone looks very trendy, and comes in a nice flashy package, I therefore considering all I've mentioned, I would highly recommend this to anyone.

oh! and I nearly forgot to mention social network sites compatible, update all your friends using the 'Samsung ChaT' via 'Twitter', 'FACEBOOK', and 'BEBO', 'Myspace', and many others...

If you enjoy my reviews, please don't forget to vote, and help keep the Amazon Voting system alive. Thanks! David :D

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung S3350 Ch@t, 28 Aug 2011
Got fed up with my touch screen phone (banana fingers) and was thrilled to discover how easy this handset is to use. The querty keyboard is a joy too. Visuals are good and sounds are excellent. Brilliant value. Well pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung Ch@t :)), 23 Feb 2011
Well, this was my daughters first ever phone and what a delight it was that she loved it, she wanted a blackberry just because of the fashion and trends but the look on her face was priceless. She loves this phone and it wifi features, you can email, connect and text very quickly and i would defiantly recommend orange as the service. All in all, my daughter preferred this mobile to a blackberry and what a great deal it was from Amazon. So if your looking for a phone, reasonably priced, looks good, with wifi and don't want to go over budget then this is defiantly your phone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Samsung Sim Free Mobile Phone, 26 Jun 2011
Delighted with this phone - it does what it says on the tin - excellent battery life, easy internet connectivity, only criticism is basic user manual (only by trial & error did we discover that zoom is activated by volume control!). Can thoroughly recommend as excellent value for money and ease of use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good piece of kit, 21 Sep 2011
This item was all I had hoped for, and for a middle-aged person like me it's quite easy to use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Samsung S3350 Chat 335, 25 Mar 2011
I decided to get rid of my sim free Blackberry Curve 9300, although a good phone, I never got used to using the small txt keys, I found the picture quality poor. I decided to look around for another mobile phone

When I saw this phone, I decided to give it a look the price for a start was excellent. when I started using the phone I found the qwert keys much easier to use for texting, the picture quality is good. I'm able to get onto the internet and send picture messages. I would highly recommend this phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great phone, 14 Oct 2011
F. Che (London, UK) - See all my reviews
My wife absolutely loves her new phone. She definitely recommends it to anyone that wants a straightforward little phone that does its job perfectly.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for the money, but has its failings., 27 Jan 2012

The good:
-Good for checking email and basic web browsing. Can even offer basic youtube functionality when connected through wifi.
-Can run some basic Java apps, like googlemaps and facebook.
-It performs well as a phone
-Camera is surprisingly good.

The bad:
-The MP3 player is essentially non-functional. It will not accept more than 1500 tracks, and does not recognise album order tags. It will play your songs in alphabetical order. I gave up trying to make this work for me and bought a sansa clip+, which fortunately was able to accept the 16GB card I bought for the phone. Had the MP3 player been up to scratch I would have given it 4 stars. Hoping to combine my MP3 player, phone and diary into one unit was the reason I bought this phone. I was disappointed that this did not work.
-The wifi connection only accepts AES authentication (network key only). If your workplace requires a username and a password (PEAP authentication) like mine then the phone will not connect to the wireless network.
-The web browsing is very limited. You absolutely have to use the mobile versions of websites or it does not have the memory capacity to cope.
-The email is not compatible with Microsoft Exchange.
-The keys really are tiny and it takes quite a bit of practice to avoid typos. Still, I've found that I am a lot faster typing with this than I am with my old phone on predictive. For some reason this QWERTY phone also comes with a predictive mode. I strongly advise you to turn this off.
-The alarm clock only goes into "snooze" if you press the top left middle button. Any other key and it goes off permanently. I'm not exactly easy to wake up and usually need to wake up in stages using snooze. This piece of bad design has caused me to sleep in a few times. My old nokia was the other way round - any key activated snooze and you needed to specifically select if you wanted the alarm off.
-No voice dialling when using bluetooth headsets.

All in all, it is as good as the entry level blackberry which costs more than twice as much (or so I am told). It is quite limited in the areas I have listed however - but then you are getting a "poor man's smartphone" for the price of an entry level nokia.

If you buy it hoping for a escape from the horrible world of predictive text, a pocket organiser, access to your email and basic web access that will allow you to post on facebook, look up wikipedia etc. then you will not be disappointed.

If you want an MP3 player, or a "proper" web browsing experience then I think this is not the phone for you.

I'll stick with it till it breaks in a few years, then I'll probably fork out for a real blackberry.

Not bad, but not great. Very good for the money though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Phone, 28 May 2011
An excellent phone with all the usual smart phone features but easy to use, as in other reviews it is certainly much like a blackberry without the huge price tag, easy to navigate, though the track pad can be a bit sensitive and needs some getting use to but simple and a joy to use once you have the hang.

I have had troubles with the WiFi it doesn't seem to like connecting to the internet without the help of a network provider, though it could be my WiFi it's hard to tell, but if I did use the network internet I'm pretty sure it would work perfectly and with it's menu everything is easy to find and use.

Picture quality is fantastic, Camera isn't the best but has fun features and adjustable settings, music quality is pretty good I wouldn't complain about it.
Plus the custom features make this phone fun and unique and affordable.