5.0 out of 5 stars it is a good project for 4 and 5 year olds to make
Purchased this for a 4year old girl. Since receiving it, she very quickly learnt how items fit together, and which tools are required to secure a screw or a nut. Some excellent skills being learnt throught play.
Published on 28 Dec. 2011 by milo

3.0 out of 5 stars Smaller than expected and only one model
Published on 29 Sept. 2011 by K. Lonsdale

3.0 out of 5 stars Smaller than expected and only one model, 29 Sept. 2011
K. Lonsdale - See all my reviews
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Meccano Mini Build and Play Dinosaurs (Style Varies) (Toy)
I think when we bought this toy my expectations were probably too high. Its really small and I thought one box would make several models but this is not the case and its probably a bit hit and miss as to what model you get so if you want a specific one I wouldnt buy from here. I have yet to see if my six year old can build it but looking at the tiny pieces its not looking hopeful

5.0 out of 5 stars it is a good project for 4 and 5 year olds to make, 28 Dec. 2011
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 20 Nov. 2012
C. Brown - See all my reviews
This review is from: Meccano Mini Build and Play Dinosaurs (Style Varies) (Toy)
This is the first time I have felt compelled to write a review despite using amazon a lot but I think this product nees a warning.
The name of the product implies that you will be able to make an assortment of dinosaurs but you in fact get just one model. The problem I have is this: I ordered this product for £11 and the company can choose which model to send you - they chose to send me the Terradactyl kit, which is advertised online on amazon at the same time to buy for £2! The company could not see that this is an issue.
The product itself was quite enjoyed by the child I gave it to but I wouldn't order something for £11 that I could order for £2 and therefore I wouldn't recommend this product but instead choose and buy specific dinosaurs.

5.0 out of 5 stars meccano, 20 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Meccano Mini Build and Play Dinosaurs (Style Varies) (Toy)
This toy provides a great introduction to meccano for my four year old grandson. He loves it, while his nine year old brother plays with him, with more advanced kits.

4.0 out of 5 stars great present, 23 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Meccano Mini Build and Play Dinosaurs (Style Varies) (Toy)
Bought for a 3 year old boy who loves it. His mum says he hasn't stopped playing with it. Would recommend for any tiny builders!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good idea, 20 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Meccano Mini Build and Play Dinosaurs (Style Varies) (Toy)
A lovely toy for young ones who enjoy dinos and building however the product title of 'dinosaurs' is misleading as the box only contains one not plural!

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 31 July 2013
This review is from: Meccano Mini Build and Play Dinosaurs (Style Varies) (Toy)
This looked like it would be an ideal gift for my grandson. Sorry to say it wasn't.
A piece was missing and the parts didn't stay together well.
No sooner had a piece been tightened then it came apart.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dinosaur meccano, 31 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Meccano Mini Build and Play Dinosaurs (Style Varies) (Toy)
My boy loves dinosaurs, and he absolutely loved the fact that he could build his own, a bit tricky in places and some nuts were a tight fit, apart from that a good product and very durable

2.0 out of 5 stars Virtually non existent, 10 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Meccano Mini Build and Play Dinosaurs (Style Varies) (Toy)
I know this is cheap and cheerful, but there is incredibly little of it. It took a four year old 10 minutes to make and there are not enough pieces to get creative and do much else with.

3.0 out of 5 stars Christmas Present, 22 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Meccano Mini Build and Play Dinosaurs (Style Varies) (Toy)
Its ok, the box is very small so not really sure what to expect once opened. Disappointed that when i went to toys r us a few days after receiving this i found it cheaper.