5.0 out of 5 stars it is a good project for 4 and 5 year olds to make
Purchased this for a 4year old girl. Since receiving it, she very quickly learnt how items fit together, and which tools are required to secure a screw or a nut. Some excellent skills being learnt throught play.
Published on 28 Dec 2011 by milo

3.0 out of 5 stars Smaller than expected and only one model
Published on 29 Sep 2011 by K. Lonsdale

3.0 out of 5 stars Smaller than expected and only one model, 29 Sep 2011
K. Lonsdale - See all my reviews
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Meccano Mini Build and Play Dinosaurs (Style Varies) (Toy)
I think when we bought this toy my expectations were probably too high. Its really small and I thought one box would make several models but this is not the case and its probably a bit hit and miss as to what model you get so if you want a specific one I wouldnt buy from here. I have yet to see if my six year old can build it but looking at the tiny pieces its not looking hopeful

5.0 out of 5 stars it is a good project for 4 and 5 year olds to make, 28 Dec 2011
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars meccano, 20 Jan 2012
This review is from: Meccano Mini Build and Play Dinosaurs (Style Varies) (Toy)
This toy provides a great introduction to meccano for my four year old grandson. He loves it, while his nine year old brother plays with him, with more advanced kits.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 20 Nov 2012
C. Brown - See all my reviews
This review is from: Meccano Mini Build and Play Dinosaurs (Style Varies) (Toy)
This is the first time I have felt compelled to write a review despite using amazon a lot but I think this product nees a warning.
The name of the product implies that you will be able to make an assortment of dinosaurs but you in fact get just one model. The problem I have is this: I ordered this product for 11 and the company can choose which model to send you - they chose to send me the Terradactyl kit, which is advertised online on amazon at the same time to buy for 2! The company could not see that this is an issue.
The product itself was quite enjoyed by the child I gave it to but I wouldn't order something for 11 that I could order for 2 and therefore I wouldn't recommend this product but instead choose and buy specific dinosaurs.

4.0 out of 5 stars great present, 23 Aug 2013
This review is from: Meccano Mini Build and Play Dinosaurs (Style Varies) (Toy)
Bought for a 3 year old boy who loves it. His mum says he hasn't stopped playing with it. Would recommend for any tiny builders!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good idea, 20 Dec 2011
This review is from: Meccano Mini Build and Play Dinosaurs (Style Varies) (Toy)
A lovely toy for young ones who enjoy dinos and building however the product title of 'dinosaurs' is misleading as the box only contains one not plural!

2.0 out of 5 stars Virtually non existent, 10 Jan 2014
This review is from: Meccano Mini Build and Play Dinosaurs (Style Varies) (Toy)
I know this is cheap and cheerful, but there is incredibly little of it. It took a four year old 10 minutes to make and there are not enough pieces to get creative and do much else with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dinosaur meccano, 31 Dec 2013
This review is from: Meccano Mini Build and Play Dinosaurs (Style Varies) (Toy)
My boy loves dinosaurs, and he absolutely loved the fact that he could build his own, a bit tricky in places and some nuts were a tight fit, apart from that a good product and very durable

4.0 out of 5 stars good meccano, 30 Dec 2013
This review is from: Meccano Mini Build and Play Dinosaurs (Style Varies) (Toy)
great value. Nice dinosaur in an attractive box. Would recommend this. Arrived quickly, well packed. All young boys would like this.

3.0 out of 5 stars Christmas Present, 22 Nov 2013
This review is from: Meccano Mini Build and Play Dinosaurs (Style Varies) (Toy)
Its ok, the box is very small so not really sure what to expect once opened. Disappointed that when i went to toys r us a few days after receiving this i found it cheaper.