4.0 out of 5 stars Good read.
Loved this book. I live in the area and used to play on Cutacre and around Blubell Hollow when I was young. I enjoyed the story and will definitely be reading more from the author.
Published on 8 Jan. 2012 by SunnyJim

3.0 out of 5 stars Good and bad
Published on 29 April 2012 by Steve

3.0 out of 5 stars Good and bad, 29 April 2012
Steve "S" (Cleveland U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bluebell Hollow (DCI Tom Caton Manchester Murder Mysteries Series Book 5) (Kindle Edition)
A great book, a good storyline. I have all Bill Rogers' books and enjoy them, however the proof reader who passed this book should be sacked! Gender changes half way through a conversation keep occurring. Some dodgy spacing of words (which I can put up with), it makes me wonder if anybody did actually proof read this book or whether it was deliberately changed by a disgruntled employee.
So, a great book spoilt by stupid mistakes that I'm sure the author never intended or even wrote.

I don't know whether the versions are the same on all platforms, this review is of the Kindle for P.C. version.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read., 8 Jan. 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Good stories - but..., 27 July 2012
I should start this review from the point of view that I enjoy these stories - I have got up to this one without interruption, having read The Cleansing about two weeks ago. Then I was just looking at the author's background, and I found:

"A former Principal Inspector of Schools for the City Of Manchester, Head of the Manchester School Improvement Service, and Fellow and judge of the Teaching Awards, Bill has numerous publications to his name in the field of education."

Up until then, I tolerated the odd misspelling - but surely someone with these credentials should know the difference between "over weaning" (which does not exist, and if it did would probably mean giving a baby too much solid food) and overweening (excessive or immoderate).

Some pages previously - I can't trace it now - someone was described as "wracking their brains" - which I can only assume meant beating themselves around the head with seaweed.

In an earlier tale, Caton and Holmes managed to switch the driving duties between a school playground and the gates - without stopping! (The Head Case)

As I have said, some quite good stories, spoilt by lack of concentration and some downright rank spelling. It is not uncommon for the ignorant to misuse or misspell words in an effort to appear more sophisticated than they are - but it should not be acceptable in an academic who has had responsibility for the standard of education provided to our children.

(There - I feel better for that rant!)

4.0 out of 5 stars Bluebell Hollow Review, 6 July 2013
As a Mancunian I can relate to Bill Rogers' stories and the fact that the locations are familiar to me, make them somehow more readable. Having read four or five of his books, the characters are becoming more "real" to me. This story was much more tense than previous stories, and forced me to read during the day, rather than just at night, as is my normal habit

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant as always, 2 Dec. 2012
Yet again, another excellent book from this author. I love the fact that his books get you guessing right from the start.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed this book, 3 Dec. 2011
Just discovered this author and have downloaded all his books, Living in Spain but from Manchester, found the research he had done, fantastic! really good characters , cant wait to start the next book ! Thank god for Kindles, i wouldnt have discovered an author like this if it wasnt for Kindle ! Thank for a great read

5.0 out of 5 stars Unputdownable, 22 May 2013
But I forced myself to pace it out over a few days or ise be buying books every day.....Tom Caton is ideally suited to the Kindle...I can and do read his storylines everywhere I go

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 1 Jun. 2013
Great holiday reading....DCI Tom Caton series should be on the telly.....
If you like Peter James, James Craig novels then you'll like Bill Rogers too...

5.0 out of 5 stars Good bed time reading, 23 July 2013
I am reading all these books in sequence and really enjoy them. They are quite easy with some good twists, perfect for bed time reading!

3.0 out of 5 stars What a pity, 20 Jun. 2012
A good story line, interesting although predictive characters...but I became too confused - DI Holmes becomes DS Holmes and back to DI. DCI Caton becomes DI Caton then back to DCI. DS Radley becomes DCS Radley then guess what? you've got it he becomes DS Radley again, and that can happen on the same page. Again there are typo errors and lack of punctuation marks that confuse. Is this like "A Fatal Intervention" predictive text gone bonkers..sack your proof reader Mr Rogers.