on 31 March 2012
This keyboard is not that bad, just has little niggly issues. You really can't complain when it's this cheap. Overall, you do get used to it.

Pro's:
Cheap conpared to others.
USB Dongle is compact, can be left in the Laptop. Only protrudes a few mill from side.
Keyboard good compact size, and yet still a decent keyboard layout.
No issues with signal. Works well a good few feet away. Even with my second wireless mouse plugged in.
On/off switch on mouse.
Hot keys are good. Worked straight out of the box. Like volume, mute, play/pause, <<- back, forward ->>, and hotkey to Outlook email, etc.

Con's:
Mouse is too small and light, even for my small hands! I don't use it now, back using my trusty microsoft wireless mouse - see my pictures for size comparisons.
I've either missed some keystrokes, or the wireless dongle isn't picking up my keystrokes, hard to tell which. Not great for fast typers.
Not enough angle/tilt on the keyboard back-clips. Its still too flat with the desk surface.
No on/off LED for Caps or NumLock - seems to be the norm for wireless keyboards though.
Battery LED doesn't tell me when the batteries are running low. I only find out when it (annoyingly) gradually misses more and more key strokes.

Note:
Each device takes 2 x AAA batteries - not included.
USB nano-dongle is inside the mouse under battery compartment cover.
review image review image
on 14 November 2011
I bought this to enable me to sit in a comfy chair whilst using my tv as a large screen monitor for my laptop.

I originally purchased a slightly more expensive product but had to return it as it had virtually no range. No such problems with this set - I've not tried to see how far away I can get but everything works perfectly from the other side of the room several metres away. I've been using the set most days for around 6 weeks now and haven't had a single problem.

Things you should be aware of:

*The mouse isn't full size. It's by no means tiny but this might be an issue for you. It's slightly longer than a credit card and roughly the same height as two dvd boxes lying on top of each other. Personally, I really like the ergonomic design and the forward and back buttons placed by your thumb are really useful. The mouse has an on/off switch on it's base which is handy for saving the batteries.

*The built in media hotkeys are play/pause, forward, back, volume up, volume down, mute, email and home. These are not customisable (if that's a word). The keyboard doesn't have a light to signify when you have Caps Lock on which is a minor irritation. These two deficiencies are the only reasons why the product doesn't get 5 stars. The keys are very springy and typing is a noisy affair. I actually quite like this but again it may be an issue for you. The keyboard is lightweight, standard size and does have a number pad separated by arrow keys and page up, page down etc.

*As other people have mentioned, the dongle is stored in the battery compartment of the mouse. It's a tiny little thing, so unobtrusive that I just leave it plugged into my laptop whether I'm using it with the mouse and keyboard or not.

Overall I'm very pleased with my purchase and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a glorified remote control for a laptop or desktop. You probably want to spend a bit more on a more complete and robust product if you will be using the peripherals heavily but they suit my needs just fine.
on 28 November 2011
Although the keyboard feeLS just a tad plasticky, it has a decent action and connects solidly with the receiver. The mouse, though, is what has impressed me the most.

As well as having an on/off switch, which not all wireless mice do, it can be used on almost any surface. In tests, it worked as well on a trouser leg and a sheet of paper as it did on a mouse mat. It was also very responsive from a distance of about 10 feet.

All in all, a very good combo for the money.
on 8 July 2011
I've owned the wireless keyboard & mouse for a couple of months now and am very pleased. The keyboard is compact, so is great for my cluttered desk and the mouse has worked a treat!
There were no instructions with the mouse when I unpacked it, so it took a little while to work out where the dongle was stored (it's built into the mouse and needs to be removed). I thought it would be packed separately.
I haven't tried using it from any distance as I just wanted a keyboard and mouse on my desk without restrictive wires!
I have noticed recently that a couple of key strokes have not registered on screen, but this could be that the batteries are getting low. I work from home so the keyboard gets a lot of use!
All-in-all, I'm very pleased with the product. Great quality at such a great price!
on 11 February 2012
I bought this set so I could play games from my couch instead of being hunched over a computer chair for hours. The range works really well in my room. The mouse is very compact and smooth to use and the keyboard is also comfortable. Really liked the back and forward buttons on the mouse. As other reviews have said the dongle is built into the mouse but even at that I was confused as first to where it was, it's where you put the batteries in (in case anyone else needs to know). Overall great product and well worth the price.
on 8 June 2011
I purchased this set to go with my Lenovo Ideacentre PC. To go offtack slightly, the Lonovo should come packaged with this set to make it totally wire-free.
The only issue I have at this time is that it does not work for extended periods when I use rechargeable AAA batteries. This is my preference, but as these batt's have a lower working voltage, the keyboard quickly becomes inactive.

The keyboard however, is comfortable to use and has a nice sound and feel; the mouse has a useful set of buttons that flip me foreward and back through a series of webpages when I am online. For £20 this is a great buy!
on 13 October 2011
Nearly returned this item as the other reviewer stated, it took a little while to work out where the dongle was stored (it's built into the mouse and needs to be removed). I thought it was missing.

Very silent in use and keys are quite sringy. So far so good.

Only issue is thatthe CAPS lock indicator and stuff like that is not easy to work out, until used, hence the 4 star.
My TV needed a keyboard. It is a so-called Smart TV, ie a Linux box with a proprietary user interface, but the Safari browser is nice and watching all the on-line stuff on a big screen while partner is using the PC elsewhere offers a big step towards domestic harmony.

The keyboard and mouse claim a ten metre range and are certainly effective from anywhere in my living room to the TV, ie up to four metres, even though the tiny USB dongle is plugged in on the rear of the TV.

The action of the keyboard is a bit stiff, and the keys need quite a firm press to catch the letter. I hope this will ease with time, but it does not make for quick touch typing, and at the moment both of us are making lots of mistakes with missing letters by not typing on it firmly enough. It definitely needs to rest on a table and not ones knees.

The mouse is rather fussy about what surface it sees, preferring a well-defined fine light-coloured matt pattern - a gloss surface confuses it. I've not found this with any of my other wireless mice which seem happy with any smooth surface, and the tiniest mouse I have even used in my jacket pocket to drive PowerPoint at presentations.

I've tried it in this PC instead of the Dell USB rf kb+mouse, and it worked immediately, no install required. Performance was about the same, apart from the stiffness and the mouse speed being slightly different.

A nice feature on the mouse is the On-Off switch underneath. This should help a lot with battery life. My Dell mouse (no On-Off switch) needs a new pair of dry cells once a month or a rechargeable pair every three weeks. And don't forget, the USB dongle is delivered hidden in its dedicated pocket in the mouse battery compartment.

Two AAA batteries are needed for the keyboard, and two more for the mouse. These are not supplied with the kit.

The reluctance of the keyboard combined with the fussiness of the mouse lose it a star.

Addendum. 16th June 2013.

The mouse has finally lost focus after only a year of light use, and despite the LEDs still being bright now refuses to see any surface; even fresh batteries and vacuum cleaning it made no difference. The keyboard performance is almost exactly the same as before, just slightly easier on the key action.
The mouse problem has lost it another star from my original 4* rating.
on 29 September 2012
A very convenient tool,no messy wires to tangle, giving extra room for more clutter on my desktop.The only annoying fault is the fact that being a "touch Typist"( 2 fingered, when they touch it types)the Letters E and R keep chipping away as my finger nails chip them , it would the enhance a superior keyboard into a perfect keyboard.(I have had to repaint them on two separate occasions to date)if the letters were more permanent.

tonydean
on 20 June 2013
I needed a good, cheap wireless keyboard and mouse as I am now using my PC in the living room attached to my television. The range is good for this and of course there are no wires to trip over. The only problems are that this item came with no instructions whatsoever. For me this wasn't a problem, but it could be for some. For future reference, just plug in the dongle, fit batteries and away you go. Batteries are not included, but that is a minor detail. There is an on/off switch on the underside of the mouse, but none on the keyboard, however, they appear to both go into standby when the dongle is off. I cannot as yet say how long the batteries last, but so far they have been in use for 5 days, 6 to 8 hours at a time and show no signs of giving up. To summarise, a nice keyboard witrh a good feel and very light. The mouse takes a little getting use to and I found I had to use the dpi adjuster just behind the wheel. Once set and practiced with for a while, very easy to use.