5.0 out of 5 stars Best Jack, 7 Dec 2012
Xenophon (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: JACK DANIELS - Silver Select - Single Barrel Tennesse Whiskey 70cl (Grocery)
Whereas the original Jack Daniels has a rough, oakey flavour and texture, this one is utterly smooth yet still contains the warmth of the former. Despite the price, still an excellent purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars quality, 28 Sep 2012
I'm not a big fan of JD but bought this as a present for my brother's 40th birthday.When we cracked it open and tasted it,WOW! AWSOME!I'd recommend this particular vintage to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice drop of the good stuff, 22 Aug 2012
If you just want a good quaffer go for something cheaper. If however you want to try something a bit special as a treat or you are wondering would there actually be a difference try a taste test. This is far more mature complex and smoother than it's counterparts. It's a step up in the right direction and shows there's more to sour mash than just JD Old No 7 or JB.

I am single malt drinker of 20 years+ and I must say it has increased my appreciation of the (ok before a flame war starts I know the differences betweens bourbons,whiskey,whisky etc), american sour mash bourbons, whiskeys or whatever. And I take my hat of to the makers this is in my eyes an equal to if not better than some single malts of the mid range same price variety.

And is in my humble opinion at least worth a punt you will loose nothing at all and maybe gain something along the way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Select Whiskey, 5 July 2012
Mrs. M. S. Whipp (Hastings, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This was a present to my Husband who is in raptures over the incredibly smoothness of it and its wonderful taste. It was delivered very quickly and very well packed at a very good price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 12 July 2014
GreAt

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 July 2014
Best jack on the market. Yummy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Made the BF happy!, 11 Jun 2014
I got this for my 3 year anniversary on how long me and my bf had been together and he loved it! Said it was his favourite JD so far! Was a bit pricy but he is a collector of all the bottles so it was well worth the money to add it to his shelf as it is a collectors item!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best!, 22 Mar 2013
Truman (Manchester) - See all my reviews
This really is a great whiskey: richly flavoured and strong. JD has a very unique flavour - the makers would like everyone to remember that this is a Tennessee whiskey, not a bourbon! - and the Silver Select is just a sublime addition to the range. Undoubtedly the best whiskey I've tried to date and it knocks spots off the competition, but at this price you'd expect it to... Thank heavens my local airport sells this duty free - I'll be stocking up as much as possible whenever I fly!

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG, 28 Jan 2013
Still unopened in its lovely box. Saving this bottle for a special event. Can't wait for that event, hope it comes soon!!

5.0 out of 5 stars MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, 6 Jan 2013
If I could legally marry a drink it would be this one.
It's incredibly smooth and has a lovely oak taste to it, the only bad thing is that now normal Jack tastes a bit like chemicals.