on 2 October 2010
This book is brilliant. It has everything you need in it: Chutneys, christmas cake, mince pies, fudge, truffles, soups, fish and lot's more.

It is broken down into sections, christmas eve, christmas day, boxing day and new years day. So you have got plenty of ideas for what to cook.

Also helps you with cooking a turkey - which is a big help if it is your first time cooking one! Also how to cook different types of vegetables, how to do roast potato's and four different types of mash potato.

Idea's of what to do with left over meat is also good.

Another good cook book.
on 18 October 2010
I have the previous 'Mums know best' recipe book and I worship it daily. I haven't owned that book that long and I think I have made most of the recipes. Needless to say I am a very popular friend. As soon as I heard they were doing a Christmas book I was as excited as a giddy kitten. Sad I know, but hey being a 'feeder' is something I love and what better way of showing your love than feeding glorious food to your loved ones during the festive season? Do not hesitate - this book is FAB-U-LOUS and I am having to restrain from bringing Christmas forward. I have already made lots of recipes (trial runs) and they have been amazing and have exceeded all expectations. It has also been my saviour in that it has solved lots of my Christmas Present dilemmas. With their consent, lots of friends and family are having home-baked hampers from me. They will be fab hampers as there are recipes for truffles and boozy festive tipples also. I have read it over and over and there is almost nothing in there that I would not cook. I have made a promise to hubby that there will be no more dinners from this book until December as otherwise it will be 'Christmas everyday' in this house and the biggest Christmas Pudding will be me. Seriously, this is a fantastic book and I would hug the boys for this great book if I ever met them. It will be your secret weapon in your Christmas kitchen and it would also make a treasured gift for all those people you love. From a much cuddlier, if somewhat premature, Mrs Claus.
on 20 October 2010
There I was minding my own business wandering around Tesco when I found myself in the book aisle.

Remembering I had a glut of pears sitting in a box on my kitchen table I thought I would flick through a few of the new releases in search of inspiration. The other books had pear cake, pear pudding and pear crumble etc etc, but I knew without looking I had no room in my freezer to accomodate such things.

The hairy bikers 12 days of christmas? Surely that will be full of recipes for burgers, pies and MEAT - along with other such biker-esque fare? Imagine my suprise when I read the recipe for pickled pears, goose risotto, chocolate and chesnut roulade......

I bought the book and already have the pickled pears maturing in my cupboard, along with christmas pudding vodka, and Im planning on adding a christmas cake to my store

I cannot believe I have missed out on this fantastic duo for so long!! They now have a new fan in their biker gang!

This is a well thought out and well laid out book with fantastic recipes to get you all excited about Christmas. Packed full of recipes I cant wait to try....is it to early to get my advent calender out?
on 25 November 2010
I love the Hairy Bikers and I was really excited that they had a Christmas book as I also love Christmas! It arrived yesterday and it is a lovely book. It has some great recipes, particularly leftover recipes. They provide you with a very comprehensive plan for Christmas Day which schedules in a little time to put your feet up and have a sherry! As expected it is very quirky and has little jokes on some of the pages and makes for an enjoyable read due to it being written in Hairy Bikers' venacular.

I do like a book to have nice sections or to be ordered well. This book does has sections; Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Edible Gifts, Snacks and Nibbles, Leftovers etc but it is a little muddled at points. It has puddings and drinks mixed in with main courses etc.

All in all it is a great Christmas book and a very close 2nd to Nigella!
on 30 December 2010
Fabulous book. I've tried so many different Gravlax recipes over the years and never really been satisfied until I tried the Christmas Gravlax in this book, stunning, you'd never quite be able to put your finger on the treacle and cumin.

Another recipe which got a big wow was the Smoked Mackeral Pate, this left me feeling like a big fraud because of the utter simplicity of the recipe.

There are a whole load of crowd pleasers in this book and I'll be using it over the year, especially when I'm catering for large numbers.
on 22 October 2010
As if by the fate the book opened on Gin & Tonic sorbet!! this book is crammed full of good old fashioned hearty receipes with modern twists that you will struggle to make a decision as to what to try first! Definately recommend this book!!
on 16 November 2010
These guys are great. Have bought "Mum Knows Best" and now !12 Days of Christmas". Great quality, pictures, recipes and price from Amazon! I find their layout and instruction un-fussy and easy to follow. There are so many delicious recipes too and it should be pointed out, this book is not redundant throughout the rest of the year, lots of things can be made year round. I've already started trying some out and have been pleasantly surprised.
on 20 October 2010
Another brilliant book by the biker boys! Follows their other sucessful cook books in style and substance but with a christmas twist. This one was a no brainer for me - I have loved all their other books and this was no let down and proved to be just as excellant. There are recepies here that could be used at any time of year - I have already tried a couple. Really easy to follow, Sensible wholesome food that leaves a good old fashioned full feeling of contentment - like eating at gran's when I was a kid! Brilliant!
on 29 September 2010
As soon as I got this I flicked through the pages and wasn't disappointed! The Christmas left overs section alone is a god send and I shall certainly be using this at Christmas, not full of pointless pictures like some books a great purchase on all accounts!
on 17 October 2010
Bought for Christmas and before Christmas - simple, fun and very very naughty (calorie wise). It's a must!!