4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good (with some niggles)
I agree with most other reviews on here in that it is a very dependable product but far from perfect. However, on balance I would still recommend this.

Positives:
1) Quite a large screen
2) Movement sensor pad works fine and we didn't need to adjust it. It even works through a very thick mattress
3) The night light is just the perfect strength -...
Published 9 months ago by PT

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
Love it however sleepily walking in and picking up my baby without turning the mat off first set a very loud alarm also signal isn't very good.
Published 2 months ago by carla

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good (with some niggles), 24 Sep 2013
PT - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Angelcare AC1100 Digital Video, Movement & Sound Monitor (Baby Product)

Positives:
1) Quite a large screen
3) The night light is just the perfect strength - not too bright to disturb baby
4) Connection works every single time with no interference
5) Nice loud volume

Things to look out for:
1) The sensor pad needs to be placed on a piece of flat wood. Our crib (Troll Bedside Crib (White)) actually had a flat wooden base so we didn't to go to the DIY to buy a wooden panel
2) The camera is fixed but it has a pretty standard tripod screw mount at the bottom so if you buy something like a Joby Gorillapod Original - Black you can point it at baby.
3) The screen is not exactly mobile phone quality. It has a matt surface and you can see the touchscreen grid pattern on it
4) It takes a couple of screen presses to mute the alert everytime you pick baby up off the mat
5) When you leave it on auto night mode it sometimes struggles to figure out whether it should switch infrared on or off. This means you get a flashing imagine on the screen periodically.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 23 Feb 2014
This is a great product. Not only am I massively reassured that my baby is on the sensor pad, but I can see and hear him perfectly. We do struggle with reception as live in an old house with thick walls, but can manage about 50 ft away. It has never gone off for no reason as some people mention.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 10 Nov 2013
Sensor Pad
I liked that sensor pad is extremely sensitive so there is no way to miss a newborn movement unless it's wrong placed or doesn't work properly. Be aware that in case you hear an no movement alarm and walk to your child's bed the sensor will catch your walking movement and will stop the alarm. So far i got ZERO alarms except in cases i lift the baby from bed without pausing the device.

Video
I liked that video is just fine even in the lowest light conditions or in pure dark conditions. You can easily see your child and its movements.
I didn't like that going from the full daylight (where you get a full color video) to internal lighting (where you get the same bright video but with not much color) and finally the pure dark conditions (where you get an "IR" video) there is a specific part in light conditions which make the device not working properly. This part is in low internal light conditions when the light sensor doesn't sense daylight, doesn't sense pure dark and doesn't sense strong internal light so what you see in monitor is not bright enough to be seen. You simply get a really dark video which is almost impossible to check visual on your child. The solution is either stronger internal light or pure dark.

Sound
I liked the sound quality and sensitivity. I can easily hear any sound the child does. When i sleep i have the volume up to 4 with the loudest being to 6. At 4 i personally hear and wake up anytime the child needs something. I never missed coughs or nausea or any kind of milk returning to the surface moments :) I believe that with the ability to raise the sound level up to 6 it's very hard to miss any alarming sound.

Range
I liked that in my house i don't see any spot where you miss connectivity between the two units. I live in a 90 square meters one level apartment. Be aware that the advertised 200 meters range is simple marketing. You don't need a 200 meters range as your house is much smaller and remember that those 200 meters comes with no obstacles and at the same level. I tested the range and found out that i still operates one floor lower than mine but miss connection two floors lower than mine. So the range is like 15 meters (with two floor obstacles in between).

Parental unit
I liked that it has so many features and settings while it remains simple and easy operated by anyone.
I didn't like that the design of the plastic base where parental unit sits and charges. During the night it is very hard to put the parental unit on the base. The design doesn't guide one device to lock with the other. So you simple hit parental unit to the base until you decide i turn on the light and see with your eyes how it fits. This doesn't seem important but it happens every night for many many many many times. It ends up important.

The nursery unit
Well the important for this unit is the camera. You need to make it sit somewhere where you can see you child and monitor it from the camera.For this mission the unit is not good. There is no design, no way, no help to put this unit in a way you can see your child UNLESS you use an add on (extra piece of furniture which is taller and sits next to the bed, hung it like a base jumper over your child or tie it on the bed's side. I personally tied it to the baby's bed mobile (and i get view of my child's head from the top looking down). But if i didn't have this mobile i would found it extremely difficult to get a view of my child's face. In this function it gets zero.

This review is made by the product use on a newborn. I cannot say what and if something will change in the near future when the child grows up and sleeps in a different way. So far this unit is very nice and does its job the way i expected. It helps me a lot and earns me more moments of peace without replacing my personal and continuous human care and monitoring. I feel safer even when i stand above my child's bed. And yes you get better quality sleep as you feel calm by knowing you will hear anything that might happen, you will see anything that might happen and you will get a big alarm if something goes very wrong. I wish you the best of strength and health for you and your children.

5.0 out of 5 stars sound and safe, 5 Jan 2014
excellent, Feel happier leaving the baby out of eye's reach expensive but worth every penny / pounds. thank you for

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 19 Oct 2013
my son and daughter-in-law think it's marvellous. they can now keep an eye on our granddaughter at all times and feel she is safe

5.0 out of 5 stars Great peace of mind but fiddly to position the camera without a tripod., 3 July 2014
Absolutely love this video monitor! Great peace of mind when little one is sleeping. Easy to use controls and the picture and sound quality is great. Bear in mind the sensor pad needs to be on a hard surface so if your cot has slats you will need a ply wood board under the mattress. We popped into a builders merchants and they cut us a bit for free :) Its 30cm x 30cm I think.

We had a Motorola video monitor (without sensor pad) but the video quality was terrible. Our baby looked like a splodge on the screen. With the angelcare we can actually see his facial expressions.

Another thing to remember is that when you lift your baby from the cot, the sensor pad alarm will sound after so many seconds. It proves it is working, but it doesn't half make you jump at 4 in the morning! If you remember you can switch it off before you lift your baby up.

We found it hard to position the monitor in the nursery because the camera doesn't tilt so the view is just straight across the room! We bought a camera tripod from Argos that works perfectly. So now we have the camera positioned high up above the cot, but a metre away with the camera tilted down toward our baby. The cables can be securely tied to the tripod legs. Safety!

5.0 out of 5 stars invaluable as gives peace of mind, 11 Jun 2014
Absolutely brilliant monitor. ... sensor mat gives peace of mind to know that baby is moving; camera means you can see baby so also gives peace of mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best buy for parents!, 9 May 2014
I would really recommend this monitor, I was able to put my baby in her own room with peace of mind and unlike lots of other parents I don't spend my evenings running upstairs to check on my baby...I can see and here her and the movement sensor shows me she's breathing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 1 May 2014
Every parent should have one. It gives reassurance to nervous parents and general peace of mind to all. Excellent piece of equipment highly recommend it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 23 April 2014