Format: Audio CD|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 13 July 2013
I confess, I was already something of an avid fan of Liverpool's modern-day mod Miles Kane before this release, and had enjoyed his work with his band The Rascals, as well as the stunning collaborations with long-time friend and fellow cool man Alex Tuner. Miles has a great new single 'Don't Forget Who You Are' out, which is taken from his second album of the same name, and it looks set to become the anthem of my Summer.

I bought the new album immediately, and I do really like it all, but my favourite Miles record remains his 2011 debut 'Colour Of The Trap'. As soon as I gave this beauty a few spins for the first time, I had found myself a new favourite artist. Like I said, I loved the sound of The Rascals and The Last Shadow Puppets with Turner, but I enjoy Miles' solo stuff more.

'Colour of the Trap' is filled with catchy, feel-good songs with a deliberate retro 1960s feel. My personal favourites are the singles 'Come Closer' and 'Inhaler', 'Rearrange', and 'Take The Night From Me' and 'My Fantasy' (which features 'Noel Gallagher). There is currently some rather brilliant new music riding high in the UK charts, and I think that Miles is definitely one of the best solo acts at the moment. This excellent debut album, proving that indie-rock is still truly alive and well, remains one of the strongest British albums I've heard in a long time.

Most of all, as well as his singing and distinctive voice, 'Color Of The Trap' showcases Miles' talent as a songwriter. Though half of these tracks were co-written with the help of Alex Turner, he is clearly able to pen upbeat tracks ('Rearrange', which he wrote on his own, and 'Come Closer' are cool and instantly catchy) as well as songs which are slow and relaxing (the best example of this the dreamy and beautiful 'Take This Night From Me', which was penned with Andrew Sweeney), despite the difference in style, all of them are equally playable. Miles also has one cool look going on also, and the CD's booklet contains some fine, stylish photographs of this handsome chap.

I highly recommend both 'Colour Of The Trap', and 'Don't Forget Who You Are' for fans of the British indie-rock sound, and admirers of proper musicians. Roll on album number three...
on 13 March 2013
Bought the album for my boyfriend as he is a big Miles Kane fan and even I was overly impressed with the album. It's not very often you get an album where all the songs are as good as each other - there's not a single weak song on the disk and each song is very different to the rest. Most definitely worth the money, I am now a converted Miles Kane Fan!
on 14 November 2011
I am a committed Last Shadow Puppets (LSP) fan so when this album came out I had to add it to the collection. This album has wonderful songs with compelling beats that has me enjoying it more each time I put it on. Very much an album that grows each and every time. This is up there, in my humble opinion, with the LSP album and, for me, that is praise indeed!
I have since tried to catch Miles on tour but missed the opportunity by a country mile; all credit to those who recognised the opportunity to see this talented individual before me. Found a way round by getting tickets to Kasabian at Nottingham purely so I can see Miles as the support.... Kasabian are okay too I suppose!
on 17 March 2013
Give This Album A Play & You'll Not Be Disappointed, The More You Play The Better Miles Kane Gets, Outstanding Musician In All Departments, A Man With Lots Of Talent. LP Vinyl Version Plays Fantastic.
on 20 February 2012
I bought this album on a whim, but after a couple of listens its become a firm favourite. Its songs are so catchy that you've always got one or another bouncing around in your head at any given time. I couldnt think of a better album to cheer up a grey winter afternoon than this- i defy anyone to not be happily bouncing around the house, singing along by about twenty seconds into the first song, or playing the free air guitar that came with the album ;)
I also love the fact that the songs all have a different feel to them, even with the cool retro theme. No fillers here, its all good!
on 18 May 2011
No big fanfair anounces this album but that is fitting because it is a understated but well crafted offering. It does as many people have said have a retro feel. In my mind it echos the singer song writers that we no longer get in any quality. They still exist but not at this level. Kane has a fine voice and of couse it fits this selection of songs well. This is not going to be the album of the year but I think it should be a good seller because it would fit into so many peoples collection. The music is mellow, tunefull with no rough edges.
on 2 December 2011
Was not sure what to expect from Miles Kane first album, thought it was going to be along the lines of Arctic Monkeys following his collaboration with Alex, but after seeing Miles perform 'Inhaler' on the Jools Holland show, i decided to download the album and now it is one of the albums I regularly play.

it opens with Come Closer which is a great track to start the album and relects what is to come. other stand out tracks are Kingcrawler, Telepathy and Inhaler. one of the surprise albums of the year. other
on 22 May 2013
Surprisingly very good considering I didn't like Last Shadow Puppets, plenty of good tunes and some really good lyrics, can't wait for new album.
on 26 February 2013
Not a song I don't like on here. Just as good as he sounds live. Definitely worth buying, especially at such a great price!
on 27 May 2011
Miles Kane's debut album is incredible. Its one of my favourite albums of the year so far. My favourite track is closing track 'Colour of The Trap' which is stripped back and bueatiful, yet simple. Other gems include: My Fantasy which has harmonies done by Noel Gallagher; Rearrange which is a very simple repeted chord sequence that works really well.
A great album, which i recommend to everyone.