4.0 out of 5 stars Almost great
Aside from a few annoying issues, there's plenty to admire about this little radio.

Firstly the excellent sound quality - I was highly impressed with the clarity - perfect for the bathroom/ kitchen/ bedroom, just don't expect to hold any major parties with it.

It's of high build quality, with a slightly rubberised exterior, giving it a durable feel,...
Published on 19 Feb 2011 by Chendry

3.0 out of 5 stars Pure One Flow Internet Radio
I've found this radio to have both good and bad points. The size is very compact for an internet radio in comparison to others currently available on the market. FM sound quality is very good although I bought it for the purpose of accessing a wider variety of music stations which are only broadcast on the internet. I generally listen to BBC Radio 2 a lot so therefore...
Published 22 months ago by Jasmine

‹ Previous | 1 2 314 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars 24 seconds to turn on, muffled sound, horrible interface, expensive rechargeable battery, 18 Mar 2013
J. Masi "Winky Dink" (San Diego) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pure One Flow Portable Music Streaming System with DAB Digital/FM/Internet Radio - Black (Electronics)
It's radio is so frustrating. It is good looking and portable, but the positives end there. It takes 24 seconds from when you press the power button for sound to come out of it. That is too long. My Roberts Internet/DAB/FM radio turns "on" almost immediately after pressing the power button. Though 24 seconds doesn't sound like a lot, it is forever when you're used to other radios.

The rechargeable battery costs a huge packet. Why couldn't they design it to take standard rechargeable batteries, which are inexpensive? And when you plug in the recharger, the sound comes on (after 24 long seconds, by which time you're in another room, on the phone) whether you want it or not so you have to come back to where it is to turn it off.

The sound is not natural. It is somewhat muffled and not bright like my Roberts WM202. If there is any background noise at all it is hard to hear this radio.

The interface is horrid. Tiny little dull green old fashioned LCD screen that is hard to read with tiny font (should I really need reading glasses to operate my radio?). All the push buttons on the front are so stiff you have to hold the radio still with one hand to depress them or else you just end up pushing the radio and not the button. Ridiculous. And the menus are not even intuitive. I often have to go back to the manual to figure how to do things that I don't do daily.

Save your money. But a Roberts instead.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy this, 4 Oct 2013
I purchased this for use in our house in France - so that we could listen to Radio 4.
After a fiddley set up it worked OK until Pure decided that it needed an update. I pressed the button to allow this and it appeared to update. I then got the welcome message and then a further invitation to update. This happened again and again and again and unless I had unplugged it it would still be doing the same now! I did a reset - no good. I sent a message to Pure Cistomer services - no reply.
Very disappointing as I thought Pure were OK - I am totally disillusioned and am looking for an alternative.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing internet radio, 7 Sep 2013
I've had this over a year now.
The internet service via Pure Connect is poor, with frequent interruptions and (attempted) reconnections. I have a good high speed internet connection and my WiFi is fine, have several devices which don't have a problem. Infuriatingly it sometimes get stuck and hangs. Can't change source or turn off. How to reset? Guide doesn't tell you, look online and find you should press a button for a couple of seconds. Sometimes works, sometimes not (and it's a factory reset, you have to re-enter WiFi key).
Undocumented, very useful feature - noticed by some other reviewers: if it gets stuck, remove mains power, then remove the battery for a couple of seconds and replace (i.e. remove all power). This apparently does a soft reset without losing the wifi key.
(In other words unless you really need it, don't waste money on a battery - it complicates the reset procedure!)

How on earth did the designers not think of an easier way to achieve that?

Disappointing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well but a bit awkward compared to other internet radios, 4 April 2013
I needed a new internet radio after the last one I had decided to stop working. This looked to tick all the boxes (also needed an alarm function and to be able to stream music from a NAS) and was a decent price so gave it a go.
It does work very well and sounds great - I can't deny that. Network setup was very quick and easy. It's when it comes to navigating the menus and actually getting it to do what you want it to that I feel it's just harder than it ought to be. Maybe some things are not obviously named (OK, so maybe it is obvious but not to me :-). Maybe it is just that it seems to take more menu navigation and selection to get it to do what you want than the previous device. It just feels awkward... still now it's all set up I don't need to fight the menus as much and can sit back and just let the device do it's thing which as I said it does very well.

3.0 out of 5 stars A step back in time..., 14 Feb 2013
Cinglais (London England) - See all my reviews
I am finally writing this review after my machine locked into a station this morning, and required another 'unplug restart'.
I didn't want to write a negative review, but there's lots of room for improvement... after 18 months of use online in France, I wouldn't recommend this radio. We use it for internet radio only, usually night time, in a bedroom on a shelf over the bed head leaning on a wall for stability, 10' from the wifi source.
I had to return the radio after 2 months, when it went into an endless 'update loop'- hours and hours - and needed a reset at the factory. When it is downloading a new OS it appears to be looping...(oh no... not again!) Could we have a download indicator that show how much of the upgrade is downloaded and not just a bit of animation?
And when there is a download u/g available, a 'download later' option would be great - not just 'OK' and you go and do something else while it does it's stuff...
Initial set up was reasonably ok, but a non-techie might find it less so... I often have to rescue my tech-limited partner, the main user, when a mistaken button press ends up at Radio Zambia...
Manual is sketchy. The UK customer service was good as far as I went, the French rather laconic.
Sound is good.
Wi-fi connection time is usually fine - but mine is currently, sometimes, taking up to 30 seconds to switch stations... it's not clear why, but may be night time bandwidth.
The buttons and display are archaic, recalling a 1980's PC. One button does volume, the other does everything else!... the operation can be frustrating... twiddle-push-twiddle-push... entering a lengthy wi-fi key can take ages... the then display shows which letter/number you have selected for a couple of seconds then hides it behind an asterisk - so forget entering a key and checking it back before accepting...
A separate 'My Favourites' button would be really useful. And we too agree it needs two hands to operate... one to twiddle the knob, one to hold the thing still! Station selector, volume and preset buttons on top please..?
There is a 'home' and a 'back' button, but when the operation 'sticks' these seem to be locked out, and don't do anything. Turning on/off either doesn't work - or it won't turn off... I've frequently had to unplug the radio to get back to somewhere I can start working from.
It is easy to get a bit lost in the directory structure - it is not intuitive... I find it easier to use the 'Lounge' internet account page than fiddle on with the 'on screen' method.
Keep at it Mr Pure, you've not cracked it yet.
CK

3.0 out of 5 stars Medium quality sound, good build player., 29 Jan 2013
Good value for money, you get what you pay. One significant problem that it has for non English speaking countries is that it does not support the Unicode Character set, thus if you have a media server with non English songs the will appear as x marks making it entirely useless as a media player. Media player is not also totally problem free.. Some times it does not recognize or play a song even if it is within the supported media formats.

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks good, appears to be robust., 25 Jan 2013
Chose this after much deliberation. It is a nice looking, compact radio with all the functions I was looking for and at a good price. Was warned off other radios with similar spec in same price bracket by adverse comments about tone. However, I find the tone of the One Flow has far too much base for my taste (I tend to listen to a lot of talk programes) and, so far as I can tell, there is no way of modifying the level.
It does take a little time to switch on and tune in but it took me a lot longer to manually tune my old radio and to me it's not a problem.
I am glad though that I have the option of DAB and internet; I can't receive FM at all well where I live and I love to listen to Classic FM which is reasonably clear and stable over the internet.
I should add that I haven't yet been able to register on the Pure website (takes time to work through it) so there may be an answer to my problems with the tone which I haven't yet discovered.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, Not fit for purpose so do not buy. Very disappointed., 21 Aug 2012
Product worked for the first 2 days then the radio asked me to perform a software update which I started. However, this internet radio completely froze up during the update. The factory reset facility suggested by Pure's support web page didn't work. The support web page offered a software update via a PC's USB connection but only for older style 32-bit operating systems on PC's. I don't know anybody whose PC isn't working on a 64-bit operating system. Phoned Pure's support desk who said they are working on an update for a 64-bit operating system but it won't be available for "a few months". They suggested I returned this brand new radio to the seller or "I could drop it in to Pure" (at King's Langley) to get it corrected! A lot of time and money wasted on trying to resolve the problem without success and then returning the radio. I will keep clear of Pure in the future.

2.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working after 18 months, 30 Jan 2014
The Pure Lounge system is great but the radio is not very reliable. After 18 months it was inconsistent, working some days and then not others. Needing regular reboots and re-entering the network information. Finally it stopped working completely.. after several exchanges with the online support I returned it for repairs because it was still within the 2 year guarantee. I had bought my mother the same radio and she had the same software/hardware failure within 3 months.

4.0 out of 5 stars value for money, 22 Jan 2014
Mr. B. Smith - See all my reviews
A half price? Amazon deal of the day, and as such offered great value. Despite comments by other reviewers I have no issues re start up times as they are only a few seconds. Good choice of English language stations although as many seemed to be xmas related I assume they have gone. Easy to set up and record favourites. Alarm works well and easy to set. I have not tried streaming from laptop yet.

‹ Previous | 1 2 314 | Next ›