4.0 out of 5 stars Almost great
Aside from a few annoying issues, there's plenty to admire about this little radio.

Firstly the excellent sound quality - I was highly impressed with the clarity - perfect for the bathroom/ kitchen/ bedroom, just don't expect to hold any major parties with it.

It's of high build quality, with a slightly rubberised exterior, giving it a durable feel,...
Published on 19 Feb 2011 by Chendry

3.0 out of 5 stars Pure One Flow Internet Radio
I've found this radio to have both good and bad points. The size is very compact for an internet radio in comparison to others currently available on the market. FM sound quality is very good although I bought it for the purpose of accessing a wider variety of music stations which are only broadcast on the internet. I generally listen to BBC Radio 2 a lot so therefore...
Published 24 months ago by Jasmine

‹ Previous | 19 10 1114 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Warning, 17 Mar 2013
This review is from: Pure One Flow Portable Music Streaming System with DAB Digital/FM/Internet Radio - Black (Electronics)
I have had this product for ten days and so far am reasonably satisfied with it. I am far from satisfied with contact, or rather lack of contact with Pure customer services in an attempt to cancel the month's trial of Pure Music and Pure Tag and to cancel the arrangement for debitting the monthly subscription charges after the trial period expires. I have wasted over four hours trying to convey this wish to Pure by every means possible: no telephone contact number is available; an e-mail was returned with the message that the e-mail address no longer exists; using Support and FAQs resulted in a cycle of repeatedly filling in required details to no effect. Other customers may have had more success but from my experience I would advise new customers to consider whether or not they would be willing, in order to access the month's trial, to provide the required financial details without the certainty that cancellation of the trial is without hazard and time spent and wasted to no effect.
I shall not make further purchases without an assurance that contact with customer services is possible and easy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab!, 17 Mar 2013
Bigger than expected and could do with a handle but an excellent easy to use Dab / internet radio with good sound quality. perfect when wanting a portable radio. Like the matt finish and non slip feel. Very good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sound pure and easy to use, but disconnected occasionally, 2 Mar 2013
What a nice gadget. With simple design and quite lightweight vs. its 'portable size'. Buy it to replace the old Mikomi in the bedroom. Once unpackaged and powered the set-up wizard automatically kicks in. I followed the steps, mostly without reference to the manual. Impressed by the world wide stations available.

Quite confused by the display on the main menu: instead of display 'the lounge' (what i have seen on line), it displays 'pure connect', finally found out they mean the same thing. It took a little time for me to figure out what a registration code is, got the code on the pure connect websit at the end.

Don't know why the connection stopped for about 5 seconds and start buffering occassionally. Have not tried to stream the music from other devices. Hope it works. Still more to learn how to use it better.

Compared to Mikomi (became quite annoying since about 6 months ago) and Roberts (RD 105) in the house, the sound is clear and pure, but don't expect too much from its one speaker. Also it is better than our Roberts 105 internet radio which is not with FM or DAB. Pleased to have one for this price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure One Radio, 20 Feb 2013
Brilliant a really lovely radio would thoroughly recommend this to anyone interested especially if you are living abroad and missing your favourite station.

1.0 out of 5 stars Complete Rubbish, 28 Nov 2013
I have just thrown mine in the bin! Had enough of it failing to connect to Wifi, constantly failing to upgrade firmware (which locks the radio until you hard reset it), failing to find radio stations, etc.
I also have a Roberts Stream - which ought to be called Roberts Dream, that's how well it works compared to this pile of you-know-what!
I work in IT so I can usually fix most things - but I've just run out of patience with this - seriously, think twice before going for this is my advice - it's cheaper than the Roberts . . . boy, is it CHEAPER (and nastier)!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Radio was easy to set up, 25 Oct 2014
Delivered the next day. The Radio was easy to set up, superb sound and very good reception. It came boxed complete with instructions and I am delighted with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant portable Internet radio, 14 Nov 2011
I purchased my Pure One Flow radio together with the Chargepack E1 in August and was very happy with reception for Digital, FM and Internet radio in UK. With Internet radio I could also happily listen to stations from South Africa. Now I am in South Africa it's wonderful, I can listen perfectly to BBC Radio 2, 4 and 5 (or any others) wherever I am around the house and out in the garden. With both Internet and local FM radio the mono sound quality is excellent and as loud as required, also the battery life is good between charges. Overall I am very, very pleased with my purchase, it is in a different league to the earlier Internet radio I purchased in 2008.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent radio, 30 Sep 2011
The Pure One Flow has good sound quality, is very user friendly and appears to be a robust product that I am very pleased with overall. My only criticism is with the wireless internet radio which does not work in my kitchen, the room furthest away from the router, although wireless laptops work with no problems in an identical position.

5.0 out of 5 stars At last! quality radio at home!, 28 May 2011
This was a belated birthday present that I was given just a few days ago.

I am over the moon with it - though i agree with the other reviews that it isn't the most user friendly of radios requiring you to back button quite a bit to get to the option you want. I will definitely be using it in conjunction with the lounge website where you can manage your favourites and create your own libraries.

I was incredibly impressed with the sound quality - a powerful little machine inspite of the size.
The only drawbacks for me personally were the lack of handle and battery - it looks like a portable radio but it is sold to be plugged in - the battery is separate and quite pricey. I think i will end up buying a battery as I like to have it in every room and not have to wait for the thing to buffer.

I am not a techy. I love this radio for what it does - bring me a world of options wherever I am in the house - our home stereos only pick up three channels because of where we live. It isn't particularly stylish and the box seems a bit cheap but if you can get over the very simple look and concentrate on the sound then it is a very good value buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars a versatile and portable radio, DAB & FM good, WiFI could be better, 27 April 2011
I was looking for a radio I could carry around and listen to mostly Radio 4 FM, 6 Music on DAB, and BBC listen again, so this looked like just the job.

Sound quality is fine, with a warm, clear quality but not much treble for music, probably not much going on over 10kHz.

FM and DAB reception are good, I don't need to extend the long 8-section telescopic aerial to get a good signal all around the house. It would be nice if there could be the ReVu pause/rewind function that some other Pure radios have - I wonder if it could be added later in a firmware update?

As for BBC listen again, it works fairly well if you have a reliable WiFi signal and want to listen to a programme from the start. If the signal is lost even briefly, the display shows "Station not available" and you have to find the programme again, and it will start from the beginning. I used to use a Reciva WiFi radio that could resume playback of BBC Listen Again from where you left off if you stopped for whatever reason - that ability here would be a great improvement.
Pausing Listen Again streams works, and seeking too, though it is quite slow to use - you first pause, then RWD and FF soft buttons are shown - holding these down seeks through the stream at an accelerating rate, with position indicated as a percentage. This could be improved, maybe using the select dial to move through the stream, and showing position in time would be better.
Sound quality for listen again is poor compared to iPlayer on a PC, i think here it's using low quality WMA streams.
Setup was fairly simple, and the Lounge web service is OK for finding the stations and listen again shows you want - i think it's possible to find them from the radio but fiddly to search through all the possibilities with limited controls.

The media player seems to work OK with mp3s from my Mediatomb server, but lots of my music is ogg, it wouldn't play them directly and I couldn't get transcoding to work reliably, so ogg support would be nice.

I bought the chargepak too, which makes it quite expensive all together, but I didn't want to be tied to the mains. It's a fairly good capacity li-ion battery, and runtime is pretty good, I haven't timed it but well over 10hrs. Charging is pretty slow, overnight only charges it about halfway, and it doesn't seem to charge when the radio is on, only when on standby.

It takes about 20s to turn on when using batteries, even when using FM.

All in all I'm happy with it, the listen again performance is my biggest disappointment, and could surely be improved by Pure.

EDIT: A firmware update to V2.0 has made Listen Again more robust - it can now recover from a temporary network interruption, which is necessary to make this usable. Still no resume though, if you switch off, when you switch back on it will start playing the programme from the beginning.

‹ Previous | 19 10 1114 | Next ›