4.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't do it for me but........
I bought one of these for my girlfriend and I to trial with our new iPads. I was enticed by the desire to reduce the fingerprints on the Retina Screen, and, bring more precision to my on screen activity. Although I am satisfied from the packaging, case and quality of build etc. that I was sent a genuine AluPen, this product it isn't right for me.

Firstly,...
Published on 5 May 2012 by Pepper

1.0 out of 5 stars Not my favourite
Published on 4 Oct 2012 by Mr. N. E. Chandler

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't do it for me but........, 5 May 2012
Pepper (Uk) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Just Mobile AluPen Designer Stylus for Apple iPad - Black (Wireless Phone Accessory)

Firstly, despite the logic of what at least one reviewer has said, in that, the size is clearly stated on this site, I found it just too big - I do have quite small hands for a male, but, am generally quite robust about things and used to handling gadgets. This product is also too "clumpy" and heavy despite being aluminium, and, largely hollow. I have no complaint about the rubber tip which does actually activate the iPad screen very well, but, in my view its' utility is impeded by the bulky/heavy body of the pen.

Additionally, the supplied case is quite unimaginative - there is no fitting to keep the pen/case together with the iPad, given the premium pricing of this product, and, the fact it has won a German "Red Dot" Award, I'm surprised by this.

You are probably wondering, well, how have I give this item four stars? The fact is my girlfriend and her work colleagues think this AluPen is excellent and believe my perception is entirely wrong. I have to accept I'm greatly outnumbered, and, it must be my failing that I don't get along with this product, hence, four stars based on all the positive feedback I've received from third parties.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not my favourite, 4 Oct 2012
Mr. N. E. Chandler "HansZinderfaan" (Chichester, UK) - See all my reviews
Like most others I found it very helpful with the iPad but sadly after a couple of months the tip split. I wrote to Just Mobile to complain and received instructions to download a video of how to replace the tip. Sadly there was no mention of where I could obtain a replacement. Since then I have searched everywhere but have not managed to find a supplier which is pretty poor considering the original cost and I am left with a useless stick of aluminium. Buy one if you must but be warned the support is useless. Is there someone out there who knows better?

5.0 out of 5 stars Best stylus for the iPad to date, 27 Nov 2011
Mr. M. Brierley "Roadrunner" (Nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews
The Just Mobile AluPen is a fantastic stylus for the iPad. It is "chunky" in your fingers unlike the majority of stylii which are thin and difficult to grip. It also reacts very positively with the iPad screen so your confidence in producing hand written notes is excellent. It is also very good as a pointing tool instead of your finger which reduces the times one has to clean grease from the iPad screen. The AluPen is not the cheapest stylus on the market but is good value for money and does what it says on the can!

5.0 out of 5 stars iPad Stylus, 21 Mar 2012
Bought this to replace another brand of iPad stylus which only lasted a few months before tearing the nib. Having used this alu-pen stylus for a few days I must say its fantastic. Although heavy in the hand due to its chunky metal design the stylus slides across the iPad screen like a joy. You barely have to touch the screen to scroll and operate the links on iPad or Internet pages. Having teared the other branded stylus I had through scrolling pages and swiping the screen whilst browsing, I wanted a stylus that would last a little longer. The ease the alu-pen operates during use makes me feel it should last a whole lot longer. Completley satisfied, 5 stars and great design.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 20 Mar 2012
After buying cheap styluses online that were near on unusable, someone at the Apple store said this was his recommendation. It works very well and feels well made too. Only criticism is the 'nib' is quite fat, but I think that's a problem that is unavoidable with styluses for iPad.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great Stylus for Ipad, 7 Nov 2011
S. Shaw - See all my reviews
This is a great stylus to use. The chunky size is very comfortable and its a pleasure to write with something other than a finger!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 13 Jun 2011
Very responsive the only negative comment I have is that I keep losing it. A good idea is to find a way to attach it to the iPad .

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't last. Customer Service non-existent, 23 Jun 2012
madra (manchester) - See all my reviews
After ploughing through a zillion reviews for a zillion stylii, I bought two of these AluPens, about three months ago, to accompany a pair of new iPads for the missus and me. I wanted a stylus which was chunky, solid and not likely to fall apart after a couple of months --as seems to be a bit of an occupational hazard with these gadgets, judging by the reviews I read.

Well, up 'til a couple of weeks ago, I was delighted with my purchase. The AluPen feels solid, well-made and built to last. Appearances, however, can be deceptive and, I noticed lately that my AluPen was starting to feel like it was dragging slightly on my iPad screen and was becoming less responsive. I actually mistakenly blamed a few recent apps I had downloaded, when I found gaps in what I was writing or drawing were suddenly appearing. But on swapping my AluPen for the missus's one, I found that it was in fact the stylus that was at fault, not the apps. I should point out that the AluPen has been well looked after: always kept in its pouch when not in use and there is no visible damage to the tip. It's just not working properly any more.

Anyway, I sent the manufacturers a polite email a couple of weeks ago, to the support address given on their website, asking if they could give me an address to send the stylus back for repair or replacement. I didn't receive even the courtesy of a reply. I sent a second email, a couple of days ago and, as yet, this has been completely ignored also.

So, although I can't say that the AluPen is complete rubbish --the missus's one continues to work perfectly-- I do think a failure rate of 50% is pretty poor for what is quite an expensive item, when you consider these things must cost pennies to manufacture [The AluPen was £18 when I bought mine]. My main gripe though is with their non-existent Customer Service. A company which completely ignores customers who have a problem with their product certainly will not be getting my repeat business. You'll have to decide whether it's worth the risk to give them your custom, in the first place.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good but poor value., 25 July 2014
Although this stylus is nice to use and works well it is poor value: the two supplied tips do not last long and you cannot get replacements. This means that every couple of months you have to pay out for a whole new stylus. Would not be prepared to do this so will try something else. At this premium price it should give much longer service.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool, 27 Jun 2014
Good all rounder for sketching to general use and playing games. Bulkier than others but pros overcome this negative aspect.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›