on 25 January 2011
What can I say? Humbrol No 127 US Ghost Grey continues to be the best model / crafting light grey satin enamel paint on the market. I bought this little gem for the hull of a model aircraft carrier, believing it to be the closest match to proper Admiralty Grey. Why it is called US Ghost Grey is beyond me - I suspect it is more widely used for warships than American ghosts, but it is a very good match nonetheless.

If you mix it right you will not go wrong with this paint. The finish is smooth and consistent with no need to dilute. It's also very good value: for just over a pound you get a whole 14ml. This might not seem like much, but you only ever need one coat. If, like me, you've ever experienced cheap DIY-store own-brand paint that ends up costing you more by the time you've done three coats, you'll know what I mean.

Moving on to the container, Humbrol pots are second-to-none: the centre of gravity is low enough to ensure it won't fall over and the lids are secure enough to keep the paint fresh for years.

At first I was put off by the 'satin' label - gloss paint on a model is horrible and I always prefer a matt finish, but I needn't have worried - there is no hint of gloss here. The end result is matt in appearance but does not suffer from the accumulation of fingerprints and other contaminants like 'proper' matt finishes do.

Lesser brands may be cheaper, and you can reduce the risk of clothes-ruination by using acrylics, but for the experienced and serious modeler this is far and away the best small pot of light grey paint money can buy.
on 7 June 2014
Been using Humbrol oil since I can remember getting it all over my hands and news paper on my first model kit build which may have been a ME 262.

I have always gained excellent results with these paints, brush painted or thinned for the Airbrush give good coverage and results.
on 6 July 2015
As the saying goes, it does exactly what it says on the tine. It's enamel paint and it's number 165.
on 21 June 2015
Ideal to cover gas meter lid to match in with our new driveway. Good colour and coverage.
on 4 August 2014
Just as it says on the tin. Make sure it is mixed up thoroughly.
on 3 May 2016